The NT Long Course Triathlon was held in near perfect conditions at Berry Springs yesterday. RD John Thyne and the fantastic volunteers ensured all competitors were exceptionally well catered for. There was a great group of volunteers, including many of our juniors, around the transition/drink station area who made sure we were supplied with drinks and sponges, the timing team was located there as well and many others giving lots of vocal support. Special thanks from all competitors go to those volunteers out on the far reaches of the course - Damian Brown & Robbie Weatherald (Cox Peninsula/Doris Rd intersection), Col Smith (bike turnaround), Nerida Godfrey (1st run turnaround) and Barry Sullivan (2nd run turnaround) - the people we most wanted to see ! Bring on 2010.
1. NT Long Course Triathlon, 2km swim, 60km bike, 16km run
Male: Tim Ellison 3.06.58 Female: Charlotte McShane 3.33.18
Male: Tim Ellison 3.06.58 Female: Rebecca Thyne 3.50.44
20-24 Jessy Young / Rebecca Thyne
25-29 Heath Porter / Kelly Rowe
30-34 Mick Outhred / Nikki Roddie
35-39 Tom Gilfedder / Lucie Hardiman
40-44 Craig Garland / Alison Croser
45-49 Tim Ellison / Belinda Birk
50-54 Blue Watt /
55-59 Phil Blumberg / Robyn Stanley
60-64 Daryl Stanley
Full results are posted on club website.
2. Ironman 70.3 Lake Stephens, 1.Kim swim, 90km bike, 21km run
Male: Joe Gambles 3.56.36 Female: Becky Lavelle 4.26.16
3. Capricorn Half Ironman, Yeppoon, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21km run
Male: Matt White 4.04.11 Female: Lisa Marangon 4.35.11
4. Australian Duathlon Championships, 10km run, 40km ride, 5km run
Male: James Attard 1.51.45 Female: Bev Thomas 2.06.54
30 August 09
Open Water Triathlon (unplugged)
7.30 am start
Race Director: Paul Bell 0412 111 620
Registration: Rose Stephens / Mick Outhred
Timekeepers: Nerida Godfrey / Dean Preddy
Fruit/Ice: Paul Tilbrook
Note: Darwin Triathlon Club AGM will take place prior to race start.
1. Order form and details were send out on Thursday giving you the opportunity to purchase Scody club design tri niks, tri tops and/or trisuits and Orca club swimwear.
2. Thanks to those who have already returned their order. Prompt return certainly assists in having the order ready to go in and not delay the process.
3. Orders MUST be received by 9am Wednesday 26 August 09 - volunteers are also busy people so we won't be chasing you.
4. Due to our weather conditions we hold very little (if any) uniform stock so please don't miss this opportunity to order your club gear.
It's time to dust them off and return perpetual trophies as our presentation night is coming up (5 Sept 09 at the Ski Club).
If you have most improved, sprint series, aquathlon series, duathlon series, Broken Spoke, Dag etc trophies could you please return them to John Thyne or myself.
FOR SALE / WANTED:
1. FOR SALE: T23 Felt Bike, red in colour, frame size 50, 2009 Model, ultegra running gear, with tri bars. Done approx 300 km. selling due to upgrade. $1500. Contact: Simone 0417 402 868
2. FOR SALE: 2007 Giant OCR1 Road Bike, Large (suit rider 6'-6'2") In good nick; $650 Contact: Simon 0429 140 611
3. FOR SALE: 2 x Scicon Aero Comfort Plus bike travel bags. Soft bag with support frame inside and built in wheel bags. Very easy to use and light . Each boxed and unused. $500 ea (RRP $899). Contact Dave 0418 807 997
4. FOR SALE: Cervelo P2C, new Mar ’08, Dura-ace FD/RD, small (650c wheels), new drive chain, FSA vision aero bars, comes with loads of spare tubes, free first service $3000 ono. Contact Michelle 8931 2000.
5. Items for next E News by Monday 7pm please (next week's e news will be mid week).
1. Temporary closure - Lake Alexander will be closed Wed 19 and Thurs 20 August 09.
2. We wish Chad Anderson a speedy recovery from injuries received when he and bike parted company at high speed during the Long Course. He looks a bit like a mummy at the moment following a trip to Emergency to be scrubbed clean.
3. Also at the Long Course, Belinda Birk found that while speedsuits provide some advantage in the swim that's not the case on the ride.
4. It was great to see the many first timers get through the Long Course comfortably. They are already pouring through results looking for areas for improvement for next year.
5. We had a number of cold/flu related no shows yesterday which is understandable . There were also a couple who didn't make it because they would have been over .05 (no names) after the Officers Ball.
6. Aaron & Kyle (CycleZone), Dingo (K9 Cycles) and Mitch (NT Elite Cycles) were among those who headed to Melbourne for the bike expo. Watch shops for new toys.
7. Good luck to members heading for Naga for Ironman 70.3 Philippines next weekend.
8. What about Usain Bolt's world record .. wow.
9. NT Swimming's Race 1 of Open Water Series will take place at the wavepool Lagoon on Sat 29 Aug 09. 1.2km, 2km or 5km distances. Entry ($15) required by 21 Aug 09 Contact email@example.com .
10. Great to see Dean Nankivell up from Alice Springs for yesterday's race. His swim was down a bit (understandable, it's mid winter in Alice and the pool is shut) but he still flies on the bike and run.
Darwin Triathlon Club
Club website: www.members.iinet.net.au/~darwintriclub
Facebook Group: Darwin Triathlon Club