Our junior club members were in action down at Palmerston yesterday and, along with some exciting racing, they were involved in some more interesting skill training activities. Our thanks to the junior committee, junior coaches and the many volunteers for continuing to ensure the success of the junior events.
1. Clearwater 70.3 World Championships, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Michael Raelert 3.34.04 Female: Julie dibbens 3.59.33
2. Shepparton Half Ironman, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Jimmy Johnson 3.51.46 Female: Bec Keat 4.19.37
James Geddes 63rd M40-44 5.36.11
Charlotte McShane 3rd Open F 4.24.34
Dave Trudgian 3rd M50-54 4.49.56
Kylie Lucas 3rd F35-39 5.08.07
Friday 20 Nov 09
Splash N Dash
300m swim, 2km run x 3
Race Director: Kyle Gear 0437 814 892
Registration: Lauren Stephenson / Cathy Preddy
Timekeepers: Jane Marie Kerslake / Roger Decurtins
Fruit / Ice: Lauren Stephenson
TRIATHLON AUSTRALIA SURVEY:
Do you want improvements made to your membership?
These days, everyone is after more bang for their buck, more relevant services and more exclusive offers. This is your chance to have your say. LetTA know what they need to do to improve their current membership program.
Triathlon Australia was recently involved in a review facilitated by the Australian Sports Commission. The next stage of this review requires the ASC to survey members to gauge views on: current membership packages offered, event interest, your engagement levels, and motivations for your participation.
Please copy and paste this link into your internet browser http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/survey-intro.zgi?p=WEB229RW473W5U to complete the survey.
Please make the effort to have your say and return it by Thursday, November 19th if possible. Your feedback is a crucial step in TA improving its services and providing better value for money. Remember, if they don't hear from you they can only presume you're totally satisfied!
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. Items for E News by 8pm tomorrow please.
1. Craig Walton - AIS Coach of the Year
2. Emma Moffat - AIS Athlete of the Year jointly with Brenton Rickard (swimming)
3. Retiring TA president Ken Bonham was awarded Triathlon Australia Life Membership as was retiring director Brian Hinton. Both men have (and will continue to have) a huge involvement in the development of the sport in Australia over many, many years.
4. New Triathlon Australia president is Peter Hedge.
5. World Triathlon Corporation (WTC) and Laguna Resorts & Hotels have announced the inaugural Ironman 70.3 Asia-Pacific Championship to be held on Dec. 5, 2010. The race, set at Laguna Phuket Resort in Phuket, Thailand, will be the culmination of WTC's new Asia-Pacific Ironman 70.3 Event Series. The Laguna Phuket Resort is expected to be the permanent home of this Championship.
6. Get well soon wishes to Kylie Sheffield our junior coordinator who is currently battling the flu.
7. Triathlon NT president Dave McLeod attended the Triathlon Australia AGM and Conference in Sydney over the weekend. This also gave Dave further opportunity to network with other president's and he is now better armed to assist the growth of triathlon Territory wide. I'm sure you will see our club president John Thyne and Dave with their heads together soon. The future is bright !
8. On the future of triathlon, I encourage you all to make the time to complete the Triathlon Australia survey (copy link: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/survey-intro.zgi?p=WEB229RW473W5U ) today (now if possible) and have your voice heard in the development of our sport.
Darwin Triathlon Club
Club website: www.members.iinet.net.au/~darwintriclub
Facebook Group: Darwin Triathlon Club