Monday, 14 June 2010
Hope you are enjoying a fantastic long weekend.
The weather has been perfect for those out and about. Many of you are "down the track" camping, competing in the Katherine Ultra or enjoying the thrills and spills of Finke in Alice Springs. But one thing we aren't doing and that's swimming in open water in Darwin !
1. Ironman 70.3 Boise, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Craig Alexander 4.02.11 Female: Julie Dibens 4.25.14
2. Katherine Ultra Challenge, 100kms
Male: Luke Collopy Female: Rachel De Zoete
3. Ironman 70.3 Eagleman, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Terenzo Bozzone 3.58.17 Female: Samantha Warriner 4.20.01
4. ETU Premium European Cup, Pontevedra, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Javier Gomez 1.46.22 Female: Jodie Swallow 2.01.15
5. Hy-Vee ITU Triathlon Elite Cup, Des Moine, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Event still in progress Female: Emma Snowsill 1.59.35
6. Phuket Marathon, 42.2km
Male: Charkrit Boonkong 2.40.08 Female: Thankyathorn Sanutnoi 3.21.24
Sunday 20 June 2010
250m swim, 6km bike, 1.5km run x 3
Race Director: John Thyne 0423 797 401
Registration: Lauren Stephenson / Korgan Hucent
Timekeeping: Nikki Roddie / Sandra Yee
Fruit / Ice: Volunteer Required
1. Relay format so one team member does a leg then hands over to the next team member
2. Each team member has to do a swim, ride and run at some stage during the event.
3. A team member cannot do two legs in a row.
4. Team members are encouraged to dress up to reflect their team name or theme.
1. If Lake Alexander remains closed on race day, RD John Thyne will announce an alternative to the swim leg.
FOR SALE/WANTED ETC:
1. STOLEN: Last Tuesday 8 June, an extra small road bike stolen from the back veranda of house at Parap Grove. Apollo make, bright orange in colour and a very small size, it should stand out. Please keep an eye out and if it's spotted Contact Phill 0418 669 964
2. FOR SALE: Time Trial race helmet. Spiuk brand KRONOS sperm-type helmet, perfect condition rarely used (2 races) size M/L (fits smaller head). Very light 390g; new price in Australia $349 - sell for $149. Contact Stu: 0418 437 075
3. FOR SALE: Shimano sh-r061 entry level tri shoe (ladies, black). Brand new in box. Size 40 or US 7. $10 Contact Gerard 0431 367 044
4. WANTED: Member would love to be in a team for the event on Sunday. If your team has a vacancy please Contact Amanda 0413 801 357
4. Items for next E News by 9pm tomorrow please.
1. Over 100 of the world's fastest triathletes converged on West Des Moines, Iowa in hopes of grabbing their share of the largest triathlon prize purse in the world. With a total of $1 million up for grabs, and $200,000 going to both the male and female winners, the fourth annual Hy-Vee ITU Triathlon Elite Cup attracted a stacked start list including three Olympic gold medallists, four former world champions and the current number one ranked male and female triathletes in the world.
Emma Snowsill won the women's event & the big pay cheque! She came from over a minute down at T2, and ran 34.05 !
2. As predicted the Noosa triathlon sold out within a couple of hours of opening (again) on Tuesday.
3. 2009 NT Long Course Triathlon winner Charlotte McShane was in action in Europe over the weekend. Charlotte went 2.11.30 at the Pontevedra ETU Premium Cup event.
4. Nightcliff Pool opens tomorrow morning (Tues) at 6am. Daryl's Tues & Thursday swim squads (6-7am) resume tomorrow as well.
5. Some photos from NT Olympic Distance are now up on Flickr. If you have any you would like to contribute please email through. Contributions always welcome.
6. Are you all teamed up for the weekend? Got your team theme sorted? Previous years have resulted in some very original outfits and/or colour schemes !! Not yet teamed up? Flick an email with your contact number. I'll include in Wednesday's e news and we'll see if we can do a bit of team matching.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN ...
... your favourite bar contains the word "Power", "Cliff" or "energy" and not "Deck".
... you know what plantar fasciitis is, and how to pronounce it
... you were once an evening person who is now an early morning person
Darwin Triathlon Club