Monday, 6 September 2010
Photo: Busy finish line at the Fernwood All Girls Tri
What a brilliant success story the Fernwood All Girls Tri turned out to be.
With Belinda Birk the driving force behind the event and so many of our members volunteering to help out, the women and girls had an absolute ball. Thanks to everyone who contributed to make the event such a fantastic tri experience for those involved.
"Terrific", "Fantastic", "I'm so proud of you", "Awesome", "I'm going to train harder next time", "I loved it", "I'm going to join Darwin Tri Club" were some of the comments heard near the finish line.
1. Fernwood All Girls Tri, 250m swim, 10km bike, 2.5km run
Results at www.triathlonnt.com.au
2. ITU Duathlon World Championships, Edinburgh, 10km run, 38.4km bike, 5km run
Female: Catriona Morrison (GBR) 2.02.47 Male results not yet posted.
Sunday 12 September 2010
Duathlon Series Race 1
2km run, 15km bike, 2km run
Race day entry
Race Director: Rob Brooks
Registration: Ryoko Jones / Russell Peacock
Timekeepers: Ryoko Jones / Lisa Svara
Fruit / Ice: Steve Goat
Australian Duathlon Series, NT Duathlon
Sunday 19 September 2010
5km run, 20km bike, 2.5km run
This is a selection event for 2011 ITU World Duathlon Championships & NT Duathlon Championships.
Entry online now at: www.triathlonnt.com.au
PRESENTATION NIGHT NEWS:
1. Our annual presentation night dinner takes place this Friday 10 September 2010 and we hope to see all members and their guests, at this our social event of the year.
2. Starting at 6pm at the Darwin Surf Club, Casuarina - coordinators Ali Croser & Shaye Hatty have planned a fantastic night for us all and the venue has been booked for the night.
3. Subsidised Tickets: Members $25; Guests $35; Children 5-12 $15 are only available online at https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?ID=2973
4. Drinks are available at the bar.
5. Ticket purchases close 6pm Wednesday (numbers are required) so don't miss out.
6. You are encouraged to come as your "Alter Ego" !!
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. WANTED: Projector screen for presentation night. Can you help??
2. Items for next E News by 8pm tomorrow please.
1. Jac Crofton and Sue Parora are both a little worse the wear after coming down during recent rides. We wish both a very speedy recovery. Jac's in a sling with AC joint damage (there goes Port Mac half unfortunately). Sue's sporting a brace on her hand to support a fracture in her hand.
2. The list of TA qualifying events for selection to the age group team for the various 2011 Age Group World Championships has been posted. Selection policies will follow shortly.
3. Heath Porter, Chad Anderson and Jason Jones are winging their way to Budapest for next weekend's ITU Age Group World Triathlon Championships. They are all competing in the Olympic Distance. The course is an M shaped 1 lap swim of 1500m, the bike is 3 laps for 38.43km and the run is 1 + 2 smaller laps for 10km. Should be fast and furious. M25-29 has a total of 112 competitors (most from the host country & GBR) and M40-44 has 147 listed.
4. Phil Brownscombe is missing a little bark after coming off his bike at the weekend as well.
5. Many of us got our first drenching of this year's wet over the weekend.
6. The run, bike, run lovers are excited about the upcoming Duathlon Series. Race 2 also doubles as the NT Championship as well as being part of the Australian Duathlon Series. Enter Race 1 on the day, but remember to enter race 2 online at www.triathlonnt.com.au
7. Some good performances posted at the Fernwood All Girls Tri by some of the girls in the junior development squad who will be heading for Queensland later this year. Well done.
8. Another busy tri week coming up. Your help in getting your online tickets early will assist.
Darwin Triathlon Club