Monday, 29 November 2010
Photo: SplashNDash 19 Nov 10
Friday evening's Splash N Dash at Nightcliff Pool will be our last event for 2010. It's our traditional Christmas bash where you are all encouraged to don Christmas attire (it's a bit hard to swim in a Santa suit, but we have seen them on the run !) so give it some thought and at least grab a Xmas visor, a tinsel necklace or similar and join in the fun.
It's also the last event for this year for our juniors. For many of you it may be the first time you have seen them in action. The level of tri skills shown by the kids is remarkable as is their determination, so watch carefully! And be warned, we finish the evening off with a Junior/Senior relay and the kids often manage to outshine many of the adults. It's all good fun and a great way to go into the Christmas break.
And speaking of breaks, after this week E News will be on an ad hoc basis until prior to our first event in 2011. If you have something for the "FOR SALE / WANTED ETC" section and want it out there before Christmas, please email through by tomorrow evening.
1. Laguna Phuket Triathlon, 1.8km swim, 55km bike, 12km run
Male: Massimo Cigana 2.35.25 Female: Belinda Granger 2.55.08
Shaye Hatty 6th F35-39 3.33.03
Phill Hatty 41st M40-44 3.43.24
2. Laguna Phuket Fun Run, 6km
Male: Charlie Quin 20.34 Female: Martina Hanel 25.02
Isabella Hatty 3rd Female 28.26
3. Ironman Cozumel, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Andy Potts 8.16.14 Female: Yvonne Van Vlerken 9.23.44
4. Paddy Pallin Adventure Race, Canberra, approx. 10km on foot, 20km mtb, 5km paddling
Team of Mark Anzin, Simon Cruickshank & Phil Brownscombe 16th Overall (Cat 12th) 3.52.00
1. Our club juniors (7 up) were in aquathlon mode at Nightcliff Pool yesterday. A huge thank you to the junior committee and those parents who volunteered to assist on the day, the kids really appreciate your efforts.
Friday 3 December 2010
Splash N Dash (Xmas)
1km run, 200m swim, 1km run, 200 swim, 1km run
Race Director: Rob Weatherald
Registration: Nell Clarke / Asha Mahasuria
Timekeepers: Margaret Black / Amanda Brain
Fruit / Ice: Belinda Birk
1. Dust off the jingle bells, reindeer antlers, Santa beards, tinsel etc for this one!
2. Torsos must be covered on the run.
3. Joining the club this week? Please bring a copy of your payment receipt to the event.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC
1. FOR SALE: New Women's Adidas Adizero running shoes, Size US 7½ (Turquoise blue); Wrong size, will sell for half price $65
Contact Ryoko: 0421 421 051
2. FOR SALE: Cervelo P3, 51cm, 2009 parts/2010 frame, frame in immaculate condition (original replaced), parts used for about 6 months, $3500 or best offer - must sell! for more info contact Bec on 0408 878 689
3. FOR SALE: New Orca run short size M with small back pocket. Purchased online wrong size and waited too long to send back $25 Contact Ronnie 0407 117 448
4. FOR SALE: New Men's Darwin Tri Club Trisuit (Medium), never worn, wrong size purchased. Contact Chris 0400 732 161
3. FOR SALE: Brand new Shimano Durace cleats, $170. Never been used. Contact Rachel 0435 061 757
4. WANTED: Male working in sports industry is looking for accommodation at the start of February 2011. Very clean and tidy. Has own bed and some kitchen utensils $150-$250 price range Contact Jamie 0410 412 840
5. FOR SALE: 2009 Cervelo P2C - Ultegra - 51cm. The P2 is a full carbon Time trial bike, so best suited to someone already with a road bike for general training use. $3000 Contact- Kyle (Cyclezone) 8981 4436 or 0437 814 892
6. FOR SALE: -Token T50 carbon tubular race wheels, ultegra cassette, GP4000 singles. Riden approx - 200km. $1300 Contact- Kyle (Cyclezone) 8981 4436 or 0437 814 892
7. Items for E News by 8pm tomorrow.
1. Lucie Hardiman was the winning female at the Tiger Brennan fun run yesterday.
2. Ironman 70.3 Busselton sold out in 48 hours.
3. Sounds like the Hatty's were doing an adventure race in Thailand. Loads of jelly fish, breaststrokers in the swim, wet conditions on the hilly course meant lots of brake sitting and some people went down. And then there was the after party to get through !!
4. The stork's 2011 visit list just got longer. Congrats to Lauren Stephenson, Belinda Holt and their partners.
5. The number of Aussie's in the pro field for Ironman WA will ensure an exciting day on the athlete tracker.
6. Racing away over Dec/Jan or know someone who is ? It would be appreciated if you could flick through a quick email with details so we don't miss your/their results for E News.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN ...
... you can discuss your groin injury in mixed company without batting an eyelid
... your friends ask where you have been and all you can say is training
... the Saturday ride becomes your weekly social outing
Darwin Triathlon Club