Monday, 24 January 2011
Ah, the wet season ... you have to love training in it! With a whole swag of events coming up here at home, down south and overseas, it seems everyone is out and about on the bike, running or swimming. And that means we are wet, wet, wet most of the time.
We have had a number of new members sign up since Christmas which is fantastic. A big welcome to our club and we look forward to seeing you all at Race 2 of the Aquathlon Series on Saturday evening.
A short week workwise with Australia Day in the middle. There will be plenty to do ... as well as the perfect opportunity (if weather permits) to get some quality training in. We also have the Australia Day Fun Run happening as well as the Australia Day Fun Ride.
1. Ironman 70.3 South Africa, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21km run
Male: Frederik Van Lierde 4.06.30 Female: Jodie Swallow 4.39.19
2. Tunarama Triathlon, SA, 750m swim, 21.6km bike, 5km run
Male: Shaun Parkinson 1.17.41 Female: Julianne Schliebs 1.23.02
3. Canberra Capital Triathlon, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Lindsay Wall 2.05.57 Female: Yuko Takahashi 2.21.19
3. Canberra Capital Half Marathon, 21.1km run
Female: Shannon Jones 1.24.17 Male: Paul Tilse 1.25.10
Natalie Wood 1st F35-39 1.28.46
4. Canberra Capital 10km Run
Male: Anthony Haber 30.34 Female: Elizabeth Humphries 39.25
Saturday 29 January 2011
Race 2 Aquathlon Series (inc NT Aquathlon Championships)
Event status: CLUB
750m swim, 5km run
Race Director: Asha Mahasuria
Registration: Amanda Brain / David Crane
Timekeepers: Nicola Hoey / Monica Stewart
Fruit/Ice: Korgan Hucent
1. Event Fee: $10
2. Register on the day. Registration closes 5.45pm
3. Five year age group winners will receive medals Under 20, 20-24, 25-29 etc.
4. Overall male and female receive Australia Day Event medals.
5. Medals for winning team members
6. DTC pointscore on usual ten year age groups.
FOR SALE/ WANTED ETC:
1. WANTED TO BUY: Bike trainer. What have you got, and how much do you want? Does anyone out there have a Computrainer they don't use?? Contact Stu: 0418 437 075
2. WANTED: Reliable live in house sitter (Rapid Creek) who loves animals required from 26 February til 8 March and then again from 17 March til 21 March. Must be willing to feed and walk 2 dogs each day (they don't have to be really long walks) and feed - 3 lazy cats & 5 Chickens - fresh eggs are yours to keep... Contact Sue on 0402 795 558 or Rob 0438 704 224
3. FOR SALE: Women's Zoot Tri-suit, size S, black and blue, hardly worn. $80. Contact Brooke: 0410 461 314
4. Items for E News by 8pm tomorrow please.
1. Lake Argyle Swims will take place 30 April 2011 - 10km and 20km distances. You can enter as Solo ($90), Duo ($160) or Team ($280).
Further info www.lakeargyle.com
2. Has anyone else noticed the huge black pig as you come up from Buff Creek? If not, you certainly will be able to smell it in another day or so.
3. Simon Cruickshank and Phil Brownscombe competed in the 200km Audax Alpine Classic in Victoria yesterday.
4. Travelling away to race? Don't forget to read your airline's fine print on excess baggage or carriage of sporting equipment inc. bikes.
5. Ironman 70.3 Singapore (20 March 11) is about to put up the sold out sign. See www.ironman703singapore.com
6. Hint: check the condition of your spares. That tube you put in your spares bag months ago could very well have disintegrated in our Top End heat.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN ...
... you were out training in one of weekend's downpours and enjoyed being wet and dirty
... you have are ready for bed but it's only 8pm
... your laundry continually smells like someone locked the cat in overnight
Darwin Triathlon Club