Wednesday, 27 April 2011
Photo: Swim squad Nightcliff Pool
We hope you all enjoyed the very long weekend and have enough energy to do it all again this coming long weekend ! How lucky are we?
If you are heading to Alice Springs for the coming weekend, don't forget the Tavis Johannsen Memorial Ultra Tri is on Monday at the town pool (shorter options also available).
1. Anaconda Adventure Race, Forster, 2 day event Final Results:
Male: Richard Ussher 7.51.56 Female: Deanna Blegg 9.47.58
Derek Cross 6th Open Male 9.21.58
Arafura Games Triathlon
Sunday 8 May 2011
1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
1. You may have seen some of the recent publicity regarding the continued closure of Lake Alexander. Further test results are due back this week, but it's looking more and more likely that Arafura Games will need to be a run, bike, run format. The final call won't be made until the last possible moment .. test results were on the way down but unfortunately we got that huge downpour early last week.
UNIFORM ORDER (was circulated by email on Friday):
1. Thanks to those very prompt people who have already submitted their uniform orders, much appreciated.
2. I would like to get the order in to Cannibal on Wednesday 4 May, so please get your order in as early as possible.
3. Size chart & order form are attached.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: 2009 Avanti Monza White/Red/Black size 56.5 Male; Paid $1320 at Avanti Darwin in Sept 2009; Asking price $900. This bike was used for a single ride from Darwin to Mandorah and pre-training prior to that event. This bike has not been used since and is in excellent condition. Good entry-level bike for a triathlete starting out; Contact Sharon: 0407 932 875
2. FOR SALE: Specialized Allez Road Bike; 54 cm (Medium) alloy frame; Carbon fork and seat stays; new wireless computer; recently serviced; $700 - $800. Contact Tom 0417 663 699
3. FOR SALE: Orbea Ordu TT Bike, XL, $3950 Contact Stu: 0418 437 075
4. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
1. Launceston Pro-Ex, a new and unique event offering keen recreational cyclists from around Australia a chance to immerse themselves in a professional cycling experience was recently announced.
To be staged from 20 to 27 November 2011, the Launceston Pro-Ex presents passionate cyclists an exclusive opportunity to join some of Australia’s top professional cyclists including Richie Porte on a week-long training camp and participation in a 160 kilometre Gran Fondo in and around the cycling mecca of Launceston, Tasmania.
In addition to the Pro Ex, participants can alternatively take part in the Opperman Gran Fondo or the Tassie Trail MTB Challenge. To register for all events or for more details refer to the Launceston Pro Ex Cycling Week website
2. Did you notice the photo of Monica Stewart in your newsletter from Triathlon Australia on Thursday?
3. Autism NT will be holding their rescheduled annual Walk for Autism event on Sat 7 May from 9am at the Water Gardens. Pre-registration price = Adults $5 and Children Free; Registration on the day price = Adults $10 and Children $2 More info: www.autismnt.com.au
4. We have Ron Griep, Moira Wigley & Kate Robertson heading over for the Lake Argyle 10 & 20km swims this weekend. Wish them luck if you see them before they go.
5. Already down south, Kylie Gaffel will be in action at Port Mac in Ironman Oz this weekend. Competing in the Port Mac 70.3 will be Glen Scholz and Ali Fitch. Good luck.
6. Club president Phill Hatty was at the Anzac Day dawn service at the Adelaide River War Memorial.
7. The Ord Valley Muster triathlon is on again 21 May 2011. Registration www.ordvalleymuster.com
8. The Ko Samui triathlon recently cancelled due to severe flood damage on the island, has announced next year's date: 22 April 2011.
9. The NT Duathlon Championship is at the fabulous Simpson's Gap location on 14 August 2011 more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Online entry for 2011 Finlay's NT Long Course Triathlon at Lake Bennett 21 August 2011 will be opening soon
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN...
....the majority of your laundry is dry in an hour
... you try and convince your partner that it is better for you to spend money on tri stuff than in the pub, but then realise if you spent the same money that you spend in the bike shop, in the pub, your liver would have packed up
... you can dodge those mental speed bumps
Darwin Triathlon Club