Saturday, 11 June 2011
I know, I know ... E News is all out of sync .. & yes it is Thursday. Busy times in tri land at the moment so you may find E News popping up at odd times for awhile.
Our club was well represented at the inaugural Challenge Cairns and Cairns Half & we had some awesome results with 6 podium places all up.
The buzz is now all about Katherine Ultra Challenge ... good luck to our members participating this weekend as individuals or as part of a team.
1. Challenge Cairns, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Chris McCormack 8.15.56 Female: Rebecca Keat 9.26.31
Michelle Mitchell 2nd FElite 9.30.41
Heath Porter 11th M15-29 10.35.50
Jackie Crofton 3rd F30-34 10.42.24
Tony Burns 72nd M30-34 13.03.46
2. Cairns Half, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Leon Griffin 3.59.54 Female: Rebecca Eveleigh 4.34.36
Claire Goldsmith 1st F25-29 4.49.03
Grant Preddy 3rd M18-24 4.55.40
David Croser 16th M40-44 5.07.43
Liam Johnson 18th M30-34 5.07.49
Jamie Tomlinson 5th 5.11.25
Belinda Birk 2nd F45-49 5.12.00
Ali Fitch 8th FOpen 5.19.51
Rowena Eastick 5th F40-44 5.28.52
Debbie Geertshuis 11th F25-29 5.34.40
Daryl Stanley 3rd M60-64 5.50.00
Bertram Birk 15th M50-54 5.50.45
Jane Marie Kerslake 15th F35-39 5.54.14
Peta Jeggo 13th F40-44 5.59.53
Karen Wilson 15th F40-44 6.09.39
Rosie Sullivan 30th F35-39 6.26.33
Ben Sanders tbc
3. Ironman 70.3 Hawaii, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Luke Bell 3.58.14 Female: Bree Wee 4.42.32
4. Ironman 70.3 Mooseman, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Maxim Kriat 4.02.04 Female: Lesley Paterson 4.30.58
5. ITU World Series, Madrid, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Alistair Brownlee (GBR) 1.51.06 Female: Paula Findlay (CAN) 2.03.46
6. Singapore Sundown Marathon. 42km
Scott Bevis 4.09.13
Damien Brown 5.16.24
7. 5150 Darmstadt Triathlon, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Bertrand Billard (FRA) 1.48.35 Female: Radka Vodickova (CZE) 2.04.02
8. City2Surf, 12.7km
Male: Darren Peacock 43.20 Female: Emma Kraft 51.45
Open Male: 4 Steve Goat 51.04
Open Female: 4 Stef Puszka 55.42; 5 Ryoko Jones 57.55
Under 15 Male: 2 Arran Stephens 1.13.07
15-21 Male: 2 Joel Kay 1.00.53; 5 Hamish Stephens 1.06.25
22-35 Female: 23 Kate Richardson 1.07.40; 50 Alexis Marshall 1.16.45; 51 Renae McGarvie 1.16.49; 60 Belinda Townend 1.18.39
22-35 Male: 5 Chris Batenburg 53.48; 8 Justin Tranter 55.34; 15 James Lugg 57.19; 21 Glen Scholz 59.17; 34 Tass Liveris 1.03.02; 36 Clinton Luxford 1.03.06; 49 Scott Bevis 1.06.49; 54 Dean Preddy 1.08.04
36-50 Female: 1 Shaye Hatty 58.50; 3 Kirrily Jones 1.01.35; 5 Sue Parora 1.02.12; 6 Fran Edis 1.03.34; 8 Jo Duncan 1.04.40; 15 Asha Mahasuria 1.05.58; 20 Karen Lewis 1.08.45; 34 Sara Martin 1.17.45; 52 Bronwyn Rossingh 1.24.35
36-50 Male: 2 Mark Anzin 48.34; 3 Lee Wilson 48.40; 4 Phil Lewis 49.30; 7 Simon Weise 54.15; 10 Daniel O'Brien 56.55; 11 David McLeod 56.58; 15 Emmett Hartung 58.30
51-70 Female: 2 Rose Stephens 1.03.42; 5 Moira Wigley 1.15.24
51-70 Male: Rob Weatherald 51.08; 3 Brian Gallagher 57.23; 21 Peter Stephens 1.14.11
9. Mini Surfer, 4km
Male: Ian Cameron 13.56 Female: Imogen Teale 16.33
Male Open: 2 Mitch Ward 14.44
Under 15 Female: 1 Isabella Hatty 19.31
Under 15 Male: 1 Nelson Rossingh 16.28; 3 Jax Ward 18.15; 5 Connor McLeod 18.51; 20 Jack Hatty tbc
22-35 Male: Greg Stonham 20.13
36-50 Female: 3 Juliette Neve 19.51; 5 Simone Atkinson 20.28; 20 Cate Killiner 26.31
36-50 Male: 3 Phill Hatty 20.24; 7 Sean Killiner 26.32
Sunday 19 June 2011
Nightcliff Pool (Note change of location)
300m swim, 13km bike, 2km run
Race status (CLUB)
Race Director: Phill Hatty
Registration: Justin Tranter / Ian Pollock
Timekeeping: James Lugg / Paul Tilbrook
Fruit / Ice: Shaye Hatty
1. Please note this event will be at Nightcliff Pool, not Lake Alex as showing on calendar.
LEVEL 1 TRIATHLON COACHING COURSE
1. Triathlon NT advises the Level 1 triathlon coaching course will take place Saturday & Sunday 16 & 17 July 2011
2. Registration and further info see link at www.triathlonnt.com.au
3. A minimum number of candidates is required to proceed with the course so your early registration is appreciated.
4. Thanks to those who have already registered.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: TK1 Kayak – perfect for the Katherine Ultra-Challenge. Stable and quick, in great condition and ready to go. Comes with a ‘skirt’ to keep water out through the rapids. MAX-Paddle M333 carbon wing paddle with ‘split shaft’ and bag – adjustable length and feather, easy to transport. PRICE $900. Contact Pete 0402 346 194
2. FOR SALE: Mtb 2010 Giant Anthem X1 Medium size. XT running gear, tubeless XT wheels, Bontrager seat. Recently had new gear cables and the fork serviced. $4000 new, PRICE $1500. Pete 0402 346 194
3. FOR SALE: Scicon bike box needs some repairs. New ones are over $1400. As is PRICE $150 Pete 0402 346 194
4. FOR SALE: Orca tri suit men's medium size - lime green & grey. Worn once and in as new condition. $50 Contact Pete 0402 346 194
5. FOR SALE: Cervelo Soloist (now called S1) road bike. 56cm alloy frame, carbon forks and seat post (suits rider appx 6ft). Ultegra group set. Geometry specifically designed for both road and tri. Great condition. $1,600 ono. Contact Andrew: 0402 456 946.
6. WANTED: Organisers of the Timor Marathon on the 18th June are looking for a physio to help on the day. The airfare to Dili would be hugely discounted to $160 return for anyone volunteering. Contact Mel firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
1. Ben Sanders' result at Cairns Half isn't showing at present. How disappointing for Ben. He was definitely mentioned early on but then mysteriously disappeared off the tracker. Ben was around the 5.12.00 mark. Lousie Ogden was also participating in a team & did the swim & bike. Her team crossed in 5.28.41. Jesse Mortensen from Alice Springs Tri Club also did the iron distance and finished in 13.12.33
2. What is it with bad luck and Ali Fitch? Up in the lead of the Cairns Half, Ali got a flat in the bike exit chute and another out on course.
3. Another bad luck story - Damien Brown heading over to Singapore for the Sundown Marathon was cleared through customs. Then got bumped off the flight and ended up having to fly to Singapore via Melbourne and arrived about 24 hrs late & only a few hours before the event started. Anything you need to know about doing a sleep deprived marathon, he's your man !
4. Col Smith featured in a three way tie for the Bark Hut Classic Handicap last weekend.
5. I hear a number of our members were also in action at the Open Water Swim #1 at the Waterfront Lagoon on Saturday.
6. Word is entry for 2012 Challenge Cairns will open in a couple of days.
7. The new Ironman US C'ship event announced for New York is predicted to have a huge entry price tag ... imagine the cost of closing down parts of New York for a bike course ... but imagine the buzz of participating!
8. I'll get some Cairns photos up on Flickr soon.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN ...
... you consider skipping race briefs but don't, just in case there is something important
... you love event expos
... you are training for Finlay's NT Long Course Triathlon and have already booked your accommodation at Lake Bennett Resort
Darwin Triathlon Club