Tuesday, 14 June 2011
The brrr factor is well and truly upon us and looks set to continue for a few more days yet.
Hope you enjoyed the long weekend, there is so much to see and do at the moment it's hard to fit it all in. Aside from the chilly start, the weather is brilliant for being out and about.
I know many of you are looking forward to heading out to Nightcliff Pool on Sunday. It's a long time since we have had a triathlon out there but it was once the site of tri action in Darwin and will make a very welcome change.
1. Ironman 70.3 Boise, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21km run
Male: Ben Hoffman 3.52.41 Female: Magali Tisseyre 4.18.28
2. Wei Hai ITU Triathlon Premium Asia Cup, China, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Kyle Jones (CAN) 2.00.03 Female: Kiyomi Niwata (JPN) 2.16.44
3. Wei Hai ITU Long Course, 3km swim, 80km bike, 20km run
Male: Dmitry Rostyagaev 4.16.47 Female: 4.59.74
4. Ironman 70.3 Kansas, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21km run
Male: Paul Matthews 3.49.44 Female: Chrissie Wellington 4.11.08
5. Ironman 70.3 Eagleman, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21km run
Male: Tj Tollakson 3.54.39 Female: Mirinda Carfrae 4.15.31
6. Manly Soft Sand Classic, 21km run
Male: Lee Wallace 1.39.16 Female: Reegan Ellis 1.39.52
Mick Outhred 5th M30-39 1.46.12
7. Katherine Ultra Challenge, 100kms
Male: Derek Cross tbc
8. Rocky River Run, Rockhampton, 21km
Male: Paul Tucker 1.15.02 Female: Anna McMurtrie 1.23.15
Jamie Tomlinson 24th M 1.38.53
9. 5150 Klagenfurt, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Bertrand Billard (FRA) 1.53.15 Female: Radka Vodickova (CZE) 2.12.01
10. Ironman 70.3 Italy, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21km run
Male: Daniel Fontana (ITA) 4.01.26 Female: Martina Dogan (ITA) 4.44.49
Sunday 19 June 2011
Nightcliff Pool (Note change of location)
300m swim, 13km bike, 2km run
Race status (CLUB)
Race Director: Phill Hatty
Registration: Justin Tranter / Ian Pollock
Timekeeping: James Lugg / Paul Tilbrook
Fruit / Ice: Shaye Hatty
1. Please note this event will be at Nightcliff Pool, not Lake Alex as showing on calendar.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Cervelo Soloist (now called S1) road bike. 56cm alloy frame, carbon forks and seat post (suits rider appx 6ft). Ultegra group set. Geometry specifically designed for both road and tri. Great condition. $1,600 ono. Contact Andrew: 0402 456 946.
2. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
1. I still have a number of club uniform orders to be collected. I will take them to event on Sunday at Nightcliff Pool.
2. Those who raced in club gear at Cairns were very easy to spot, the colours look fantastic.
1. TA members had priority entry to Mooloolaba Triathlon from midday yesterday until 8am today.
2. Didn't get theTA email re Mooloolaba ? That would be because you opted out of receiving email from TA when you joined up online.
3. Details of the upcoming Fannie Bay Swim and how to enter are attached.
4. NT Athletics have challenged triathlon to a 'beep test' to see who is the fittest. If you are interested in being on the team please email Lee who is trying to get teams together email@example.com. There will be 1 team only for open male/female and junior teams max 8 per team available so get in quick. See flyer attached for full details.
5. David Hancock hasn't been to too many tris lately - he has been very busy and now has a new book out. He is generously offering our members a discount. The book is about the Top End and is a good gift for people travelling interstate or overseas. If you are interested, see: http://www.gallerytwosix.com/component/content/article/41-book/87-top-end-book.html
6. Lake Alexander has reopened for swimming.
7. Congratulations to Justin & Emma Tranter. Their wedding took place on Friday evening.
8. Stork wings are warming up again.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN ...
... your shopping list starts with Gatorade, gels, powerbars
... that magazine secretly tucked under your mattress has pictures of really expensive bicycles in it
... you cried during the coverage of the Hawaii Ironman
Darwin Triathlon Club