Wednesday, 24 August 2011
Photo: President Phil about to complete Finlay's NT Long Course Triathlon
How exciting ! We have the Fernwood All Girls Tri happening again at Lake Alexander this Sunday and our fantastic volunteers & coaches from the club are going all out along with Triathlon NT to make sure all the participants enjoy their triathlon experience.
For many of the girls it will be their very first triathlon. Others will be building on the sense of achievement gained from taking part last year & are back for a repeat taste of tri again on Sunday.
Lots of our newer members started out at Fernwood All Girls Tri before joining the club and we look forward to welcoming new members following Sunday's event.
If you haven't yet volunteered but are available on the day, come on down and check with RD Matt Brearley if there is a spot he would like you to help with. If not, just line the course and encourage these ladies on the day.
Gates close at East Point Reserve entrance at 7.30am with total road closure within the area until after 9am.
1. Alice Springs Marathon, 42km
Male: Ben Streeter 2.56.41 Female: Asher Reynolds 3.21.31
2. Alice Springs Half Marathon, 21km
Male: John Polson 1.13.02 Female: Emma Kraft 1.33.17
Louise Ogden 2.10.47
1. Fernwood All Girls Tri, Sunday 28 August 2011, Lake Alexander - 7.30am
2. Darwin Triathlon Club Presentation Night, Friday 2 September 2011, Trailer Boat Club. Tickets on sale at https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?ID=4589
Members 12+ $25; Non member guest $35; Children Under 12 $15
3. Darwin Triathlon Club Annual General Meeting, Sunday 4 September 2011 7am prior to event.
4. Sunday 4 September 2011
Open Water Triathlon
Casuarina Surf Club
500m swim, 15km bike, 3km run
Race Director: Ron Griep
Registration: Ben Sanders / Moira Wigley
Timekeepers: Hans Bormann / Christine Friebel
Fruit / Ice: Volunteer Required
SWIM SQUAD ~ CHANGE
1. Coach Daryl Stanley advises that Nightcliff Pool closure has been extended due to delay with repairs.
2. Swim squad will be at Casuarina Pool tomorrow 6am - 7am.
3. Swim squad back to normal at Nightcliff Pool from next Tuesday (30 August).
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: 2011 Giant TCR Advanced Road bike - Medium size. Bike has done less than 200km! Retail price $3499 selling for $2500 Contact Peter 0402 346 194
2. FOR SALE: Profile Cobra T2+ carbon aero bars – as new. Retail price $300 asking $150 ono Contact Peter 0402 346 194
3. FOR SALE: SpeedPlay ‘Zero’ chrome-moly pedals and cleats – excellent condition. Retail price $275 will sell at $100 ono Contact Peter 0402 346 194
4. FOR SALE: Shimano Road shoes R190 size 46 – excellent condition. Carbon sole. Retail price $220 will sell $100 Contact Peter 0402 346 194
5. FOR SALE: Polar RS800CX Pro Team Edition cycling computer / HR monitor. Includes speed and cadence sensors, a new chest soft-strap and software. Retail price $799 asking $300 ono Contact Peter 0402 346 194
6. FOR SALE - TK1 Kayak – perfect for the Katherine Ultra-Challenge. Stable and quick, in great condition and ready to go. Comes with a ‘skirt’ to keep water out through the rapids. MAX-Paddle M333 carbon wing paddle with ‘split shaft’ and bag – adjustable length and feather, easy to transport. PRICE $900 ono Contact Peter 0402 346 194
7. FOR SALE - Scicon hard case bike box - needs some repairs. New ones are over $1400. As is PRICE $150 ono Contact Peter 0402 346 194
8. LOST: At Lake Bennett, Aquasphere Tri Race Suit, Blue/Black White, XL. Contact Stu: 0418 437 075
9. WANTED TO BUY: Set of standard drop handle bars for a road bike. contact Rod 0417 996 923 if you have a set at home in good condition and want to sell them.
10. FOUND: Bike tool, on bike course at Lake Bennett. Email me.
11. FOR SALE: Giant TCR 0, 2010, small, alloy frame, carbon fork and seat post, full Ultegra groupset, Mavic Aksium wheelset, 1 year old, ridden to church by grandma on Sundays. $1,200 ($2,400 new) Contact Bec 0408 878 689
12. LOST : Lost at tri coaching course at NTIS: Black Stopwatch. If you have any information on whereabouts please contact Bec 0408 878 689
13. FOR SALE: Apollo Pave 09 (6mths use), Composite Frame 53cm, Shimano Running gear, Easton Vista wheel-set, $1000.00 ono Contact Rick 0427 278 775
14. FOR SALE: DBR Podioum Comp 2010 (brand new ridden only a handful of times), Full Carbon Frame 55cm, Shimano 105 Running Gear, Mavic Wheel-set, wireless computer, tool bag + tools, brand new ‘Lake’ size 42 shoes $2,350.00 ono Will separate computer, shoes etc if required
Contact Rick 0427 278 775
15. FOR SALE: 2009 Avanti Monza White/Red/Black size 56.5 Male; Paid $1320 at Avanti Darwin in Sept 2009. Price reduced for quick sale to $500 Contact Sharon 0407 932 875
8. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
1. Obviously a complete spring clean happening at Pete Svara's place .. someone will get some bargains (see for sale/wanted).
2. For his efforts in the budgie smugglers and life saver skills on the board at Lake Bennett, guess who has been dubbed "The Hoff" !
3. Word is that some of the girls faked a cramp just so they could get closer to him for a better look at those abs.
4. We are all hoping that a heavily pregnant Anna Goat doesn't go into labour before Sunday. Anna has been beavering away in the background organising Fernwood All Girls Tri. Last year she was on the start line !
5. Hope those of you with kids in the 12+ age bracket have received info from their schools on the upcoming Triathlon NT School Sport Triathlon.
Further info & Entry online at www.triathlonnt.com.au
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN ...
... you can't change the oil in your car but you can virtually rebuild your bike in less than an hour
... articles in tri mags sound just like one you read last year, and the year before that and even 10 years ago
... you can add up swim, bike & run metres in your head, any other maths and you need a calculator.
Darwin Triathlon Club
Monday, 22 August 2011
Photo: Our juniors helping out at Lake Bennett yesterday.
Finlay's NT Long Course Triathlon at Lake Bennett Resort yesterday attracted a quality field and they, together with their supporters, ensured the reputation of our long course remained .... it's friendly, it's challenging, it's competitive, it's draft free ! Our visitors were glowing in their praise !
So many people were involved in making this event happen that it would be impossible to name them all, however we send a huge thank you to our event sponsor, Finlay's Stonemasonry and Landscaping Supplies. If you haven't already been out to Finlay's, I'd urge you to do so and take the time to check out the huge range of items on offer there (& maybe have lunch in the restaurant). If you chat to Tom or any of the staff, mention you are from the tri club and that you appreciate the support given to triathlon. Finlay's would love to know that they, in turn, are being supported.
The event tshirts were again sponsored by Gwelo and were the favoured apparel at the presentation. Thank you Gwelo.
The management and staff at Lake Bennett Resort assisted with special room rates & use of resort equipment and facilities and also cooked at our presentation sausage sizzle.
RD Jason Jones was on the job and was everywhere ensuring the athletes were well looked after. Jason's contribution was huge and we sincerely thank him on behalf of Triathlon NT, Darwin Triathlon Club and all the competitors.
We are indebted to those wonderful volunteers who travelled down to Lake Bennett just to help out. I'll try to remember them all, if I don't, my apologies for the oversight, it is not intentional.
David McLeod & Brian Hannon drove all the way down just to provide water safety; Barry Sullivan, Nerida Godfrey & Phil Blumberg were on hand to carry out technical duties; Jodie Ballingal's presence at the bike turnaround was much appreciated by all; Juliette Neve, Christine Friebel and Moira Wigley travelled down to get the timekeeping spot on; Juniors Harry Croser, Jack Hatty, Bella Hatty and Gemma Jones were excellent water station helpers at the gate; Mitch went out and manned the far run turnaround aid station and there were other wonderful people who just stepped in and helped where needed. Thanks also to others on roster including Kylie Gaffel and Marcus Lisle who helped out before taking part, and club president Phill Hatty who was covering all bases.
On behalf of all Finlay's Long Course competitors: "Thank you, we really appreciated your help"
1. Finlay's NT Long Course Triathlon , 2km swim, 60km bike, 16km run
1 Brett Verity 3.11.56; 2 Romano Bernhard 3.13.16; 3 Marcus Lisle 3.14.10; 4 Michelle Mitchell 3.15.08; 5 Glenn Woodrow 3.23.43; 6 Russell Peacock 3.24.23; 7 Mark Anzin 3.27.16; 8 Justin Tranter 3.28.33; 9 Ron Griep 3.30.18; 10 Rob Weatherald 3.30.42; 11 Stu Fitch 3.32.20; 12 Daniel Eakins 3.33.42; 13 Korgan Hucent 3.34.48; 14 Steve Goat 3.35.54; 15 Ken Enright 3.36.30; 16 Heath Porter 3.36.34; 17 Ian Norton 3.39.19; 18 David Croser 3.39.54; 19 Pete Brady 3.42.11; 20 Jim Eadie 3.47.55; 21 Jessy Young 3.52.26; 22 Jodie Spottiswood 3.53.03; 23 Kylie Gaffel 3.54.01; 24 Glen Scholz 3.54.26; 25 Shaye Hatty 3.54.46; 26 Nikki Roddie 4.00.35; 27 Kate Robertson 4.00.48; 28 Ben Sanders 4.00.53; 29 Daniel O'Brien 4.01.03; 30 Dale Berk 4.03.44; 31 Ryoko Jones 4.04.19; 32 Haydn Whitty 4.04.48; 33 Phill Hatty 4.17.36; 34 Daryl Stanley 4.21.05; 35 Sinon Gooney 4.33.14; 36 Amy Pallentine 4.47.57; 37 Simon Casey dnf; 38 John Thyne dnf
Teams: 1 Team Tim Ellison/Matt Brearley 3.18.55; 2 Team Anderson/King/Eadie 3.44.02; 3 Team Mar/Groves/Poupard 4.00.02; 4 Team Townend/McGarvie/Richardson 4.04.54; 5 Team Newall/Seccull/Yeo 4.06.27; 6 Gooley/Staunton 4.16.27
Male: Brett Verity
Female: Michelle Mitchell
18-14 Amy Pallentine
25-29 Jodie Spottiswood / Justin Tranter
30-34 Marcus Lisle /
35-39 Brett Verity / Nikki Roddie
40-44 Glenn Woodrow / Shye Hatty
45 -49 Romano Bernhard /
50-54 Rob Weatherald /
55-59 Stu Fitch /
60-54 Daryl Stanley
Team: Tim Ellison / Matt Brearley
2. Ironman 70.3 Timberman, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Rasmus Henning 3.53.41 Female: Chrissie Wellington 4.16.33
3. ITU 2011 Elite Sprint Triathlon World Championships, Lausanne, 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Male: Jonathan Brownlee (GBR) 52.23 Female: Barbara Riveros Diaz (CHI) 58.28
FERNWOOD ALL GIRLS TRIATHLON:
1. There are a couple of places remaining in the field, so if you know someone humming and ahhing ... encourage them to enter now at www.triathlonnt.com.au
2. We may need a few more volunteers for Fernwood All Girls Tri this Sunday see details Wednesday's E News.
TRIATHLON NT LUCKY DRAW:
1. Congratulations to Mark Anzin, winner of the Lucky Draw which included the first 150 members to sign up for 2011/2012 .
2. Mark wins a prize pack of tri goodies, including a copy of Chris McCormack's book "I'm Here to Win".
DARWIN TRIATHLON CLUB PRESENTATION NIGHT FRIDAY 2 SEPTEMBER 2011:
1. Not to be missed. Roaring 20s / Gangster theme encouraged.
2. Tickets now on sale online at https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?ID=4589
3. Link also up on club website.
4. Band and buffet (refer attachment)
FOR SALE/WANTED ETC:
1. LOST: At Lake Bennett, Aquasphere Tri Race Suit, Blue/Black White, XL. Contact Stu: 0418 437 075
2. WANTED TO BUY: Set of standard drop handle bars for a road bike. contact Rod 0417 996 923 if you have a set at home in good condition and want to sell them.
3. FOUND: Bike tool, on bike course at Lake Bennett. Email me.
4. FOR SALE: Giant TCR 0, 2010, small, alloy frame, carbon fork and seat post, full Ultegra groupset, Mavic Aksium wheelset, 1 year old, ridden to church by grandma on Sundays. $1,200 ($2,400 new) Contact Bec 0408 878 689
5. LOST : Lost at tri coaching course at NTIS: Black Stopwatch. If you have any information on whereabouts please contact Bec 0408 878 689
6. FOR SALE: Apollo Pave 09 (6mths use), Composite Frame 53cm, Shimano Running gear, Easton Vista wheel-set, $1000.00 ono Contact Rick 0427 278 775
7. FOR SALE: DBR Podioum Comp 2010 (brand new ridden only a handful of times), Full Carbon Frame 55cm, Shimano 105 Running Gear, Mavic Wheel-set, wireless computer, tool bag + tools, brand new ‘Lake’ size 42 shoes $2,350.00 ono Will separate computer, shoes etc if required
Contact Rick 0427 278 775
8. Items for next E News by 8pm tomorrow please.
1. A number of members were in action on Friday evening. They participated in the Darwin Festival "Fun Run" production. Did you see them?
2. The upcoming Tour de Timor is making cycling circles buzz with excitement. This event has grown each year.
3. Jodie Spottiswood (2nd yesterday) said the road at Lake B was like tarmac compared to the many still not properly repaired after the Brisbane floods.
4. Romano Bernhard from WA was using our Long Course as prep for 2011 Ironman World Championships in October. Ditto Stu Fitch.
5. Speaking of World Champs, Blue Watt and Grant Preddy head to Las Vegas for IM 70.3 World Champs shortly.
6. Great to see the every growing Katherine contingent come up for the Long Course.
7. Our juniors will be kicking off shortly. Info soon.
8. Don't forget to check the calendar on the club website regularly to see if you are listed for a roster duty.
Darwin Triathlon Club