Monday, 29 August 2011
Photo: Brian Gallagher (water safety at Fernwood All Girls Tri)
There's a lot of info here, maybe grab a cup of coffee .....
Fernwood All Girls Tri was held in absolutely brilliant conditions yesterday at East Point Reserve. The women & girls loved it and it was great to see so much enthusiasm for our sport.
Our thanks to event coordinator Anna Goat who ensured everything ran smoothly in the lead up and on the day. Race Director Matt Brearley did an awesome job (from his height Matt is able to keep an eye on everything on race day) and we thank him for volunteering to undertake this role.
Matt & Anna were ablely assisted by a huge roster of volunteers (many of whom are the same faces you see race after race after race) and we thank them all for their help before, during and after the event.
A big thank you to the best gym in town, Fernwood, for once again sponsoring this event and giving so many women of all ages the opportunity to "tri" in such a supportive environment.
Our water safety yesterday was provided by Darwin Surf Lifesaving Club and there assistance was also greatly appreciated & reasurring for many of the participants.
1. Fernwood All Girls Tri, 250m swim, 10km bike, 2.5km run
Louise Jettner (Triathlon NT Development Squad) 36.17; 2 Lisa Roberts 37.19; 3 Bella Hatty (Triathlon NT Junior Development Squad) 37.20
Full Results posted to www.triathlonnt.com.au
2. Ironman Canada, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Jordan Rapp 8.28.09 Female: Mary Ellis 9.03.13
Paul Bell - still on course, race in progress
3. Ironman Louisville, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Chris McDonald 8.27.36 Female: Nina Kraft 9.38.14
PRESENTATION NIGHT DINNER this Friday:
1. Darwin Triathlon Club Presentation Night Dinner, will take place on Friday (2 September 2011) at the Trailer Boat Club.
2. Tickets are on sale at https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?ID=4589
Members 12+ $25; Non member guest $35; Children Under 12 $15
3. Ticket sales closed midnight tomorrow (Tuesday). Please assist our volunteers (lead by the irrepressable Belinda Townend) and register now as numbers are required for catering and setting up.
4. This is our social event of the year and is being hugely subsidised by the club to ensure you have a great night.
Sunday 4 September 2011
Open Water Triathlon
Casuarina Surf Club
7.30am (Registration closes 7am)
500m swim, 15km bike, 3km run
Race Director: Ron Griep
Registration: Ben Sanders / Moira Wigley
Timekeepers: Hans Bormann / Christine Friebel
Fruit / Ice: Russell Peacock
1. Please note wetsuit & speed suit use will be permitted at this event.
2. As our AGM will take place prior to this event, registration will be closing at 7am sharp.
1. Date: Sunday 4 September 2011
2. Time: 7am
3. Location: Surf Club, Casuarina Beach
4. Have a chat to our President Phill Hatty or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in taking a role on DTC committee.
NIGHTCLIFF POOL SWIM SQUAD:
1. Newly refurbished, shade clothed and a couple of degrees warmer, Nightcliff Pool has now reopened.
2. Swim squad resumes as normal at Nightcliff Pool tomorrow 6am - 7am.
FOR SALE/WANTED ETC:
1. WANTED: By new club member arriving in October, accommodation (share house, room, lease break all considered). Contact Bianca 0424 362 377
2. FOR SALE: 2011 Giant TCR Advanced Road bike - Medium size. Bike has done less than 200km! Retail price $3499 selling for $2500 Contact Peter 0402 346 194
3. FOR SALE: Profile Cobra T2+ carbon aero bars – as new. Retail price $300 asking $150 ono Contact Peter 0402 346 194
4. FOR SALE: SpeedPlay ‘Zero’ chrome-moly pedals and cleats – excellent condition. Retail price $275 will sell at $100 ono Contact Peter 0402 346 194
5. FOR SALE: Shimano Road shoes R190 size 46 – excellent condition. Carbon sole. Retail price $220 will sell $100 Contact Peter 0402 346 194
6. FOR SALE: Polar RS800CX Pro Team Edition cycling computer / HR monitor. Includes speed and cadence sensors, a new chest soft-strap and software. Retail price $799 asking $300 ono Contact Peter 0402 346 194
7. FOR SALE - TK1 Kayak – perfect for the Katherine Ultra-Challenge. Stable and quick, in great condition and ready to go. Comes with a ‘skirt’ to keep water out through the rapids. MAX-Paddle M333 carbon wing paddle with ‘split shaft’ and bag – adjustable length and feather, easy to transport. PRICE $900 ono Contact Peter 0402 346 194
8. LOST: At Lake Bennett, Aquasphere Tri Race Suit, Blue/Black White, XL. Contact Stu: 0418 437 075
9. FOUND: Bike tool, on bike course at Lake Bennett. Email me.
10. FOR SALE: Giant TCR 0, 2010, small, alloy frame, carbon fork and seat post, full Ultegra groupset, Mavic Aksium wheelset, 1 year old, ridden to church by grandma on Sundays. $1,200 ($2,400 new) Contact Bec 0408 878 689
10. Items & requests for re runs for next E News by 8pm tomorrow please.
1. Ironman Melbourne sold out in 5 mins 05 secs ... how's that !!
2. Commiserations to our club secretary Graeme Parsons who is nursing a broken wrist after crashing. We hear the bike is ok and as it's his left hand won't interfere with his minute taking :).
3. Stu Fitch is hoping someone picked up his swim speed suit at Lake Bennett as it was missing after the race. Would you all mind checking your race bags please.
4. Water temp at Nightcliff Pool this morning ... a balmy 26.7 degrees.
5. We hear the Hoff has had to leave town ... needed a break from all the attention.
6. Photos from 2011 Fernwood are up on club flickr and also our Facebook page. More Fernwood photos soon to come courtesy of David Hancock (Gallery Two Six) watch this space.
7. Skip Hall won the revivied Mandorah Paddle Classic (competitors paddle from Mindil Beach to Mandorah & back).
8. A couple of girls were so enthusiastic about their Fernwood All Girls Tri experience they have joined the club this morning! A huge welcome to all our recent new members, we look forward to seeing you at a club event sometime soon.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN ...
... 6.30am is a sleep in
... you can finish a hard training sesssion & drink a recovery drink while in the shower or on the loo
... all your recent photos are finish line shots
Darwin Triathlon Club