Monday, 12 September 2011
Photo: Heading for swim start at Lake Alexander yesterday
We had a fantastic turnout for our event at Lake Alexander yesterday. Many were doing their first club race and the enthusiasm to meet the challenge was very evident. Well done to all, especially those having three times the fun for the very first time.
Our thanks to RD John Thyne for his efforts yesterday. As always our volunteer RD and those on roster (as well as those who just jumped in to help where needed) were much appreciated by all the competitors. John & a few stayers were still packing up, clearing rubbish, collecting signs and getting the trailer back into the shed while many of you were heading for home!
Our junior season is rapidly approaching. See the attached flyer for information on next Sunday's junior Come and Try. It's open to all school age kids and is a great opportunity for them to "try". Please pass the info on to your friends with youngster who may be interested.
1. Triathlon, Lake Alexander, 300m swim, 13km bike, 2km run
1 Brett Verity 31.33; 2 Marcus Lisle 33.29; 3 Kyle Gear 33.43; 4 Liam Johnson 34.17; 5 Tim Ellison 34.49; 6 Justin Tranter 35.02; 7 Rob Weatherald 35.33; 8 Tony Cox 35.38; 9 Korgan Hucent 35.49; 10 Rob Brooks 37.55; 11 John Arrigo 37.59; 12 Dale Berk 38.10; 13 Jesse Mortensen 38.12; 14 Ian Pollock 38.18; 15 Bec Thyne 39.04; 16 Skip Hall 39.09; 17 Ryoko Jones 39.20; 18 Haydn Whitty 39.57; 19 Vicki Woodrow 39.58; 20 Stuart Stacey 40.06; 21 Joash Barnes 40.18; 22 Phil Lewis 40.19; 23 Louise Jettner 40.20; 24 Paul Hollander 41.03; 25 Lisa Roberts 41.04; 26 Daryl Stanley 41.11; 27 Trevor Moses 41.17; 28 Monica Stewart 41.24; 29 Nell Clarke 41.26; 30 Jane Marie Kerslake 41.43; 31 Kathy McKay 42.08; 32 Nathan Dwyer 42.32; 33 David Hancock 42.36; 34 Jo Duncan 42.42; 35 Phil Blumberg 43.15; 36 Mark Jagla 43.39; 37 Gerard Wong 43.45; 38 Ari McInerney 44.00; 39 Team Ari/Kym McInerney 44.01; 40 Monique Eliseo 45.02; 41 Barry Sullivan 45.27; 42 Louise Ogden 45.33; 43 Emma Muntz 45.40; 44 Karen Lewis 46.55; 45 Chynna Godfrey 47.13; 46 Corrine Fabian 47.31; 47 Mackinlay Stirrat 47.49; 48 Joy Glass 47.52; 49 Alan Day 48.24; 50 Bill Piper 48.44; 51 Lisa Eadie 49.06; 52 Greg Stonham 49.16; 53 Nerida Godfrey 49.21; 54 Rose Stephens 50.15; 55 Donna Bradley 50.24; 55 : 56 Leanne Abel 51.29; 57 Maree McLachlan 53.32; 58 Kelly Rau 53.40; 59 Priscilla Lenne 53.42; 60 Ben Sage 55.46; 61 Erin Whitehead 56.11; 62 Nicola Leach 59.21; 63 Sharn Griffin 1.05.32; 64 Joseph White dnf.
2. Ironman 70.3 World Championships, Henderson, USA, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Craig Alexander 3.54.48 Female: 4.20.55
Grant Preddy 52nd M25-29 5.04.29
Blue Watt 74th M50-54 5.47.34
3. ITU World Triathlon Championships Series, Beijing, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Elite Male: Alistair Brownlee (GBR) 1.48.07 Female: Andrea Hewitt (NZL) 1.58.26
U23 Male: Matthew Sharp (GBR) 1.52.12 Female: Agnieszka Jerzyk (POL) 2.07.07
4. Ironman Wales, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Jeremy Jurkiewicz 9.04.20 Female: Kristin Moeller (no time showing)
5. Ironman 70.3 Muskoka, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Michael Lovato 4.15.40 Female: Amanda Lovato 4.46.33
6. Ironman Wisconsin, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Ezequiel Morales 8.45.18 Female: Jessica Jacobs 9.41.03
1. Darwin Triathlon Club Junior Come and Try - Open to all school aged children is on next weekend:
Sunday 18 Sept 2011
Registration : 7.15am - 7.45am
Activities start: 8am
2. See attached flyer
3. Please forward details to anyone who has youngsters who may be interested in this event.
Sunday 25 September 2011
400m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Event status: CLUB
Race Director: Craig Garland
Registration: Marcus Lisle / John Thyne
Timekeepers: Belinda Holt / Derek Cross
Fruit / Ice: John Thyne
1. We recently conducted our Awards Night at the Trailer Boat Club (and a great night it was too!)
2. Awards Night was heavily subsidised. As members we paid just $25 for a fabulous evening at a brilliant location and enjoyed a sumptuous buffet meal and were kept entertained during the night. The winners amongst us received great prizes and our wonderful sponsors donated to a lucky draw & best dressed competition.
3. So what did members do back in 1992? As in almost 20 years ago .....
When: Friday 25 September 1992
Time: 7.30pm - 12.30am
Where: Furlanos (upstairs Fannie Bay shopping centre)
Cost: $30 per person
Dress: Formal or Black Tie
4. $25 a couple of weeks ago compared to $30 nearly 20 years ago ..... I'd suggest as club members, we really are getting a great deal !
1. FOR SALE: Limited stock of the new Darwin Triathlon Club shirt. Some of our award winners received these and you may have seen them out and about lately. The shirts are $60 each. If you are interested in purchasing a shirt, please email email@example.com with the subject line: CLUB SHIRT. Please advise how many and what size and I'll let you know availability and payment instructions.
Size Chart (Chest measurements):
Mens (round neck)
Small: 91-96 cm
Medium: 96-101 cm
Large: 101-106 cm
XLarge: 106-111 cm
Womens (V neck)
Small: 81-86 cm
Medium: 86-91 cm
Large: 91-96 cm
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: 2009 Pinarello FP3 road bike (full carbon). Size 51.5cm. Ultegra gears. Selling for $1900. Contact Gerard 0431 367 044 /8942 2846
2. Zipp 404 (tubular). Rarely used. Weight: ~1.2kg. Price: $1700 (fitted with 2xVittoria Evo Corsa 320 TPI, ultegra 11-23 cassette, Zipp valve extensions) plus 2 free spare tubulars. Contact Gerard: 0431 367 044 / 8942 2846
3. FOR SALE: Set Cane Creek carbon bar end brake levers for sale RRP $80.00 selling for $40.00 Contact Ben 0427 155 400
4. Items for next E News by 8pm tomorrow please.
1. The rain bucketed down for the final event of the ITU World Triathlon Championships series in Beijing. Shades of London, Alistair Brownlee sloshed his way to yet another race victory & claimed the series again !
2. Paul Bell clocked up his 10th Ironman distance event at IM Canada. Today he is an interested onlooker at IM Wisconsin.
3. Jess Mortensen from Alice Tri Club was in town yesterday and joined us at Lake Alex. Jess enjoyed tri-ing in the Top End. Any current TA members visiting Darwin are very welcome to participate in our events.
4. The guys put in big time at the pointy end of the field ... noticed a couple needed to hug a tree after they crossed the line.
5. "Globetrotting geriatric triathlete Stu Fitch resident in Kona preparing for the Ironman World Championships in October placed second outright in local PeaMan event yesterday. The 3/4 mile swim and 3.9 mile run is conducted out of Kona Pier, and attracts an eclectic mix of eccentrics, locals, IM wannabe's, the occasional athlete and a Darwin blow-in. "
6. Liam Johnson is $1000 richer this morning after winning the NT News Supercoach competition.
7. Bicycle NT's AGM will be held on Monday 10 October 2011, at 8 pm, Jane Aagaard's Electoral Office in Nightcliff (where the market is held). More information www.bicyclent.com.au
8. After picking a couple of pieces of glass out of his foot yesterday, Korgan Hucent reckons walking around in transition in bare feet isn't such a good idea.
9. The Dextro Energy Triathlon Series Rankings have been finalised. Brits Alistair Brownlee and Helen Jenkins were tops. Best of the Aussies:
Male: 10th Brad Kahlefeldt 2217; 17th Brendan Sexton 1459; 50th Courtney Atkinson 562 and Female: 4th Emma Jackson 2760; 7th Emma Moffatt 2611; 13th Emma Snowsill 1784
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN ...
... you find yourself wishing you had bought that new tri suit after all
... you tell your parents that you are going to "do a long brick" on Saturday and just expect that they know what you are talking about
... pawpaw ointment is your new best friend
Darwin Triathlon Club