Wednesday, 19 October 2011
Photo: Chris in action at the Reserve Triathlon
The School Sport NT Triathlon was held at Lake Alexander at the weekend. A huge thank you to volunteer RD Jason Jones and all those wonderful folk who assisted Jason on the day. The field was smaller than anticipated but the competition was on. Our juniors are developing excellent tri skills (as many of you will have noticed at our club events). From little things, big things grow so watch this space next year, this event will be back!
We are expecting another bumper crowd for our event this weekend. The 300/13/3 format is always popular and it’s a great way to spend Sunday morning and still have time to head off for coffee or the markets afterwards.
No late comers please, not registered by 6.45am = no race.
1. School Sport NT Triathlon, Lake Alexander, 500m swim, 16km bike, 4km run
Male: Mitch Ward 52.31
Male: Joseph White 54.41 Female: Louise Jettner 58.54
Female: Bella Hatty 1.01.04
Novice: 250m swim, 10km bike, 2km run
Female: Tia Brain 43.22
2. Australian Duathlon Championships, Barossa Valley, 10km run, 40km bike, 5km run
Male: Matty White 1.55.38 Female: Bev Thomas 2.12.09
3. Race 1 Gatorade Qld, 400m swim, 15km bike, 4km run
Male: Clayton Fettell 40.04 Female: Ellie Salthouse 48.04
Sunday 23 October 2011
7am (Registration closes 6.45am)
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Event Status: CLUB (must be member to participate)
Race Director: Steve Goat
Registration: Paul Usher / Moira Wigley
Timekeepers: Michelle Mitchell / Leigh Milne
Fruit / Ice: Erin Mettam
1. Please have at least one full water bottle on your bike.
2. This is a non drafting event.
3. Roads are open. Competitors MUST stop if traffic lights are RED
4. No iPods, MP3s etc
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. WANTED TO BUY or LOAN: Wind trainer in good condition needed urgently to keep up training at home! Contact Renae 0488 102 939
2. FOR SALE: Lemond - Limited edition. Blue and Yellow. About 51 cm, in pretty good condition. Serviced by Cyclezone; Comes with Tri bars, cleat peddles and 2 drink bottle holders; the bike used to be Robin Stanley's; About $300.00 Contact Annie 0428 450 085
3. Items for next E News by Sunday 9pm please
1. Entry for Ironman 70.3 Busselton opens for Triathlon Australia members today (10am WST).
2. 100 yrs young, British runner Fauja Singh smashed the Marathon World record in Canada last weekend. He now claims the fastest marathon Guinness World Record record for a centurion. Singh crossed the line in 8.25.55. Born 1 April 1911 in Punjab, India he only took up running at age 89 after his wife and son died in London. He has completed 7 marathons since then.
3. Looks like Lance Armstrong will be on the start line of the XTERRA World Championships in Maui this weekend.
4. What goes around … my old Lemond has turned up in the For Sale/Wanted section. I loved that bike !
5. Cannibal are busy producing our new tri suits & hope to have them here by the end of the month.
6. Noosa not far away now.
7. Tony Cox was the other Bike Count Tuesday volunteer (along with Leigh Milne) who nominated Darwin Triathlon Club … thanks Tony !
8. Keep the mango madness away … swim, bike, run today !
Darwin Triathlon Club