Do hope you are all enjoying your Easter long weekend. I know many are taking the opportunity to get out and about. Still others are adding new dimensions to their training. Those heading to Port Mac for Ironman Australia are putting in the big kilometres with only a few weeks to go before race day.
We have our Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club Championships taking place this Saturday at Lake Bennett. The course has been inspected & some additional spots have been offered to our members who were on the waitlist. Note: Please watch for an email later this week which will give you all the event specific information for Saturday.
1. Mooloolaba Triathlon – Update Jessy Young 118th M25-29 2.42.26
NEXT EVENT: Saturday 14 April 2012 Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club Championships Lake Bennett Resort 4.30pm 1km swim, 30km bike, 8km run Short option: 500m swim, 15km bike, 4km run Sorry no race day entry. Roster: Race Director: Phill Hatty / Jason Jones Registration: Robyn Stanley / Kate Richardson Timekeeping: Christine Friebel / Volunteer Required Fruit / Ice: Sean Killiner Note:
1. To be placed on waitlist for this event email here (Please specify if you are wanting to enter the Kerran Mudgway or Short Option distance, team or individual.)
2. If you have already entered but are unable to participate for some reason, please let us know here so someone on waiting list can be given the opportunity to compete.
3. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are after a volunteer for timekeeping. If you can assist please email here
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC: 1. FOR SALE: Vision carbon integrated aero bars $150 ono Contact Ben 0427 155 400
2. WANTED: 2nd hand wind trainer. Contact Tony 0424 258 240
3. FOR SALE: Campagnolo 10speed return to centre bar end shifters $150 ono Contact Ben 0427 155 400
4. FOR SALE: Fuel Belt H2O Two Bottle Belt, (Pink), New, unopened. $45 Contact Robyn 0448 206 121
5. FOR SALE: Darwin Tri Club Ladies Bra Top $40, 1 x L, (Chest 91-96 cm) Contact here
6. Items for next E News by 8pm tomorrow please.
1. Did you spot the “addition / edition” error in the last E News? Oops.
2. All for charity: On April 15 Chrissie Wellington will run the Paris Marathon, hop on her bike and make her way over a 600 mile route to the U.K. at which point on 22 April 22, she'll run the London Marathon.
3. Checking the Cairns list, we appear to have at least 20 members lining up for the 2.80.20 and two in IM Cairns.
5. Half a dozen of you have signed up for 2013 IM Melbourne.
6. Bali International Triathlon course maps are up. Bike leg has gone back to the original course used in the very first Bali race (that was the one where they built the bike racks from bamboo!)
7. Haydn Whitty and Trevor Moses are competing in Sydney on Sunday. If you, or someone you know, are competing away we would love to hear from you. 8. Entering an away event? Make yourself easier to find by entering your suburb as DARWIN. Event commentators are also likely to mention someone from Darwin (as opposed to, say, Ludmilla or Gunn) which in turn helps build our profile interstate and overseas.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
… your Easter egg remains on ice and uneaten
… you have wondered what to do with all your race number bibs
… your partner is looking forward to the day when you will slow down and just run marathons
Club E News