After such a hot week, the surprise rain at the weekend was very welcome. Had to stop and think what that sound was!
1. ETU Triathlon European Championships, Eilat, Israel, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Javier Gomez (ESP) 1.55.48 Female: Nicola Spirig (SUI) 2.07.11
2. Ironman South Africa, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Clemente Alonso-McKernan 8.34.45 Female: Natasha Badmann 9.47.10
3. Samui Triathlon, Thailand, 4km swim, 130km bike, 30km run
Male: David Dellow Female: Carolyn Steffen (results to come)
3. Ironman 70.3 New Orleans, 3.2km run, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Trevor Wurtele 3.23.51 Female: Sarah Piampiano 3.43.58
4. Luke Harrop Memorial, Gold Coast, 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Male: Ryan Fisher 54.16 Female: Ellie Salthouse 1.03.49
5. Hervey Bay Triathlon, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Joseph Lampe 1.51.11 Female: Kirralee Seidel 2.13.00
Sunday 6 May 2012
Event Status: CLUB (Novelty event for pointscore purposes)
Entry: On day
250m swim, 6km bike, 1.5km run x 3
Race Director: John Thyne
Registration: Vicki Woodrow / Paula Monaghan
Timekeeping: Stef Puszka / Renee De Jong
Fruit / Ice: Shaye Hatty
1. Teams will be made up of 3 people.
2. Each team member has to do a swim, ride and run but cannot do more than one leg at a time.
3. Dressing up or team theme is compulsory.
4. So get your teams together and organise your theme. This is a fun, fast and furious event.
TRIATHLON NT NEWS:
1. Triathlon NT is pleased to announce the appointment of Alan Day as Executive Officer.
2. Alan’s position is part time (15 hrs per week) and he is based at Triathlon NT office at Sports House.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. WANTED: 3rd Team member for Team Event. Contact Jo 0435 826 711
2. FOR SALE: Road bike; Specialized Rouboux 2011, suit male 178-188cm, Shimano 105 running gear. Done 450km but now has new tyres as they were recently upgraded. They have completed 75 km. Full service book etc available. Selling for $2000 o.n.o Contact PJ 0428 260 528
3. FOR SALE: Bontrager disc wheel with durace 10 speed cluster and continental gp tyre. Less than 400 km $1000 Contact Craig 0427 771 814
4. FOR SALE: Orbea Ora TT Bike – 51cm either with SRAM Red (r2c Shifters etc.) or Durace components you chose. In excellent condition (have just upgraded) Black and White - $2500 Contact
Leigh 0419 925 499
4. FOR SALE: Orbea Opal 54cm – Campagnolo Centaur components very little use 300km Max - Blue and Black - $3000 Contact Leigh 0419 925 499
5. FOR SALE: Garmin 310XT – New heart rate strap, charger and ANT Stick - $200 Contact Leigh 0419 925 499
6. FOR SALE: Speed Fill frame style water bottle - $40; Contact Leigh 0419925499
7. FOR SALE: Profile Water bottle and mounting bracket 2 different size bottles $40 Contact Leigh 0419 925 499
8. FOR SALE: TACX Sirus soft gel wind trainer - $50 Contact Leigh 0419 925 499
1. Wow, a tough day out tri wise yesterday with IM South Africa cold and windy, swim cancelled at IM 70.3 New Orleans and Samui Triathlon a scorcher ! Huge extremes but there are some gutsy athletes out there, none more so than Natasha Badmann who, at age 45, took out IM South Africa. She was on fire in Phuket 70.3 in December and has obviously continued to hold it all together. Hats off to Natasha.
2. We wish Monica Stewart and Belinda Townend a speedy recovery. The girls came off during a training ride on Saturday. Mon is now sporting some stitches in her elbow and Belinda was seen walking very gingerly.
3. Check out the times from IM South Africa. An awful lot of people dnf’d after having long swims and then encountering winds (heard they were up to 75kph) on the bike course. I’m thinking there may be a few late entries for IM Cairns.
4. Great to see so many women out there training. The girls are all looking good and targeting events such as our NT Olympic Distance, Cairns 70.3, Bali Triathlon, or Finlay’s NT Long Course.
5. Jac Crofton heads to the US this week. She lines up for Ironman St George in Utah in a fortnight. Jac has made a remarkable comeback after the crash that squashed her IM NZ plans earlier this year. Good luck Jac !
6. Adam Richards will be riding his bike/ergo at the Mitchell Centre on Friday 4 May to raise funds for the Heart Foundation. Talk to Adam if you would like to support him.
7. If you are down at Lake Alexander watch for the pile of glass at the entrance to the bottom carpark.
8. DCC did some grading & sweeping at the entrance to Lee Point carpark last week. Unfortunately the left over dirt is now starting to break up and it is almost as bad as before. Will follow up this week to see if more can be done but, take care when negotiating that area on your bikes.
9. Speaking of DCC, our club supported the ActivateNT launch at Lake Alex yesterday by providing some racks for the community bike ride.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
… hanging out the washing really smarts after being aero all morning
… you consider work as recovery time between training sessions
… you go for a run even though it’s raining and you enjoy being wet and dirty
Darwin Triathlon Club