It’s pretty busy again in tri-land. Amazing what goes on behind the scenes to bring you our fantastic events so regularly!
Great to see the entries flowing in for our NT Olympic Distance Triathlon. I’d encourage those thinking about making up a team to get their entry in soon, we are about 2/3 full for those early entries to receive goodies courtesy of
RD Brian Gallagher is calling for extra volunteers to assist with the event. If you can help out please email and also include your best contact number.
NT Olympic Distance Triathlon Championships
Sunday 20 May 2012
1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Online entry & more information here (Note: Age category is age as at 31 Dec 2011)
Individual Entry $25; Team of 2 $40; Team of 3 $50
First 75 entries (individual or team members) receive goodies bag courtesy of CycleZone ~ don’t miss out ~ get your entry in now
Entry closes: Midday Friday 18 May 2012 (no late entry accepted)
Race Director: Brian GallagherRegistration: Hans Bormann / Emma Muntz
Timekeeping: Rose Stephens / Peter Stephens
Fruit /Ice: Corinne Fabian
CHANGE OF DATE FOR DUATHLON:
1. Please note change of date for our first Duathlon at Lee Point.
2. We have moved forward a week to 27 May 2012 to avoid clash with City 2 Surf.
NEW CLUB WEBSITE:
1. We are happy to announce the launch of our new website.
2. It’s a work in progress and results are yet to be uploaded (that will be quite a task), but in the meantime you can still access results page at our old URL
3. We invite you to check out the new website to send your feedback, suggestions here.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. WANTED: Windtrainer in good condition. Contact Carlee 0439 979 5642. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
1. Our latest Iron Persons are enjoying a well-earned rest week.2. Phill Hatty and Col Smith are over in Timor to help with the Dili Marathon.
3. Is Jenny Anderson’s new bike purple or black or does she have two?
4. Had some suggestions for items to include in club colours. Visors and caps are already being sourced. Armwarmers, beanies and hoodies probably need a little more thought although given conditions at a number of recent IM events, it’s not such a bad idea !
5. Hear Dave Croser is gathering speed. Watch out !
6. Given the mileage done by our members who did the Argyle swims, I’ll predict there will be some fantastic category swim times posted at the Olympic Distance event.
7. Andrew Johns was spotted out riding in Darwin over the weekend. I hear he was interested in doing our teams event, but memories are long. He face planted the last time he participated at one of our events!
8. Some new photos are up on Flickr from Lake Bennett and the teams events.
9. Some big kilometres being logged on the bike as Cairns approaches. Alice Springs, Gove as well as Darwin athletes are heading over for the IM and 70.3 distances
10. Enjoy the rest of your week.