Many of you feeling the dry season chill will be happy that we ditch the swim on Sunday as we launch into the Duathlon season. The run, bike, run duathlon format is an awesome workout and the Lee Point course is one that provides its own challenges. For our new members, transition is located at the very end of Lee Point Road (past the caravan park and down the hill).
Our start time is 7.30am so you also have an extra half hour snuggle time, but do make sure you are out at Lee Point early enough to be set up. Please note registration closes at 7.15am sharp.
Urgent: We need a couple of volunteers to marshal some key corners on Sunday. If you can assist please email here and include your best contact number.
1. ITU Cross World Triathlon Championships, Alabama, 1.5km swim, 31km MTB, 10km cc run
Male: Conrad Stolz 2.12.58 Female: Lesley Paterson 2.24.39
Sunday 27 May 2012
Race 1 Duathlon Series
7.30am (registration closes 7.15am)
2km run, 15km bike, 2km run
Race Director: Nerida Godfrey
Registration: Dale Berk / Ryoko Jones
Timekeeping: Ryoko Jones / Jo Ellis
Fruit / Ice: Vivienne David
1. Might be an idea to pack the insect repellent.
2. Roads are open, no drafting, keep left unless overtaking when safe to do so.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. MUST SELL: 1989 BMW 525i $2999.00 ONO Contact Tony 0424 258 240
2. WANTED: 2 team-mates for Katherine Ultra Challenge, and a support person. Contract Jo 0435 826 711
3. FOR SALE: P3 Ultegra 2011 size 54 for $3,700 ono Contact Simon 0414 657 256
4. FOR SALE: Sella Italia leather race saddle. New/never used. New price around $300. Sell $110. Contact Stu 0418 437 075
5. FOR SALE: Small teamTBB race suit (Endurance tri suit-Asia colours, pink and white) brand new, never worn. New $146, will sell for $70. Call Ali 0414 876 950.
6. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
1. Noticed on Sunday, the draft officials cruising into the BP servo on their last drop of fuel.
2. Yes, there were indeed some DQ’s of people who didn’t stop for red lights.
3. Rumour is Emma Snowsill not starting in Madrid. Seems her Olympic campaign may be over.
4. Macca is talking up a Macca/Armstrong duel. Now I’d love to see that.
5. Only eight sleeps to go before our Olympic team will be announced.
6. Everyone has been pouring over the race splits from Sunday. A number of PB’s were recorded so there are some very happy athletes.
7. Heads up that Race 2 of our Duathlon series scheduled for Hidden Valley clashes with the V8s. We want to keep the venue, but there will be a date change. Confirmation will be up on our website asap.
8. Entry for 2013 Ironman Australia opens today here.
9. Oops I may be eating humble pie after my Telstra rant. They have bent over backwards to check out my complaint but appears it may not be at their end after all. Investigations ongoing.
Darwin Triathlon Club