Lots happening, including the launch of our 2012/2013 Calendar which is up on our website.
We are now calling for volunteers to fill the various roster positions to ensure the events can go ahead. We need a Race Director, 2 x Registration, 2 x Timekeepers and 1 x Fruit/Ice positions to be filled at each event.
There is an expectation that all our members volunteer for at least roster position per season. We have a wonderful volunteer culture within our club & we are sure that will continue for this coming season.
So please check out the various positions available to be filled and email asap to ensure you get your preferred event and time.
Can I suggest you give a couple of preferences in case your first choice has already been taken.
If you are volunteering more than once (and some wonderful people do that) please make sure you indicate that you are happy to do ALL dates/positions you list.
The roles of Race Director and Timekeepers attract maximum points for pointscore.
How To sheets are available for those who haven’t done timekeeping or fruit/ice before.
I look forward to being inundated with emails.
Sunday 8 July 2012
Duathlon Race 2
5km run, 20km bike, 2.5km run
(short option 3km run, 12km bike, 2km run
Race Director: Matt Brearley
Registration: Korgan Hucent / Kate Richardson
Timekeeping: Kate Richardson / John Arrigo
Fruit/Ice: Belinda Rowley
FINLAY’S NT LONG COURSE TRIATHLON:
1. Finlay’s NT Long Course Triathlon will take place at Lake Bennett on Sunday 26 August 2012 commencing at 7am.
2. The 2km swim, 60km bike, 16km run is a most do on our calender. Those not up for the full distance are encouraged to participate in teams of two or three.
3. Entry for Finlay’s NT Long Course Triathlon is now open online here.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Erox Cell Air wetsuit (medium) has a few nicks and small holes (which are repairable)- not great but good condition. Perfect for Katherine Ultra-Challenge or other open water swimming. Normally $600 Sell $100 Contact Simon 0414657256
2. FOR SALE: Road bike, Velocita: Road Performance Series, 60 cm frame, Ultegra group set, would suit the taller people. Bike in great condition, recently serviced and running smoothly. Selling because I now have too many bikes. Contact Dan 0404 667 945
3. FOR SALE: P3 Ultegra 2011 size 54, $3,200 ono Contact Simon 0414 657 256
4. FOR SALE: Pro synop carbon clip on profile bars. Fit standard and oversize bars. Used once so as new. $100. Contact Mike 0407 303 427
5. WANTED TO BUY: Largish wet suit, for guy around 6 ft weighing 85 kg. It doesn't have to be full sleeve, at the moment anything would be a bonus. Contact Dylan 0434 412 191
6. Items for next E News by Tuesday 8pm please. No E News this coming Monday.
1. Members heading to Bali to compete this weekend include Hollie Goodall, Billy Lynch, Daryl Stanley, Tim Green, Kylie Gaffel, Tori Sherrock, Dave Glass, Nathan Dwyer, Joy Glass, Stef Puszka, Ron Griep and Corinne Fabian. Anyone else? Good luck to all.
2. Ali Fitch and Stu Fitch are entered in the 5150 Philippines Olympic Distance event this weekend.
3. Event details for the Singapore Triathlon (1.5/40/10) 29 September 2012 here. This replaces the old OSIM event.
4. Splits from Sunday’s events have been posted to our website.
5. Check TV guides for replays coming up of IM Melbourne, Cairns & Busso.
6. Uniform order has been submitted. Turnaround time usually about three weeks.
7. We would like to source some spot prizes and/or product for our Awards Nite coming up soon. If you can assist or have a contact, we would love to hear from you here.
Darwin Triathlon Club