I know, I know .. E News is a day late J
Given the chilly weather, we have timed Race 2 of our Duathlon Series perfectly. There is no requirement to get wet on Sunday and the run, bike, run format will warm you up!
As this event was swapped due to the clash with the V8s last month, it still remains part of our Duathlon Series for 2011/2012. It is also the first of our pointscore events for 2012/2013.
We are also offering an optional short distance which will suit some of our new members well.
2012/2013 MEMBERSHIP NOW OPEN
It’s time to sign up to join or renew your Darwin Triathlon Club membership for 2012/2013 online here. Check Triathlon NT as your state association and then Darwin Triathlon Club as your club.
I inadvertently gave incorrect information in our last E News regarding membership fees. Corrected fees are:
Seniors (20+) $120
Juniors (6-18) $ 60
Family (2 Seniors + up to 2 Juniors) $280
Great to see so many of you joining or renewing already. All signs look good for another successful year of swim, bike, run fun.
Sunday 8 July 2012
Duathlon Race 2
5km run, 20km bike, 2.5km run
(short option 3km run, 12km bike, 2km run
7.30am (Registration closes 7.15am)
Race Director: Matt Brearley
Registration: Korgan Hucent / Kate Richardson
Timekeeping: Kate Richardson / John Arrigo
Fruit/Ice: Belinda Rowley
1. Gates to Hidden Valley will open at 6.15am.
2. Proceed through gates and down the hill. Refer attached mud map for details of our parking area and transition.
3. Bring insect repellent.
FINLAY’S NT LONG COURSE TRIATHLON:
1. Lake Bennett on Sunday 26 August 2012 commencing at 7am.
2. Entry (& further information) for Finlay’s NT Long Course Triathlon is now open online here. Want tshirt, get your entry in now!
3. Extra volunteers are required for this event. If you can assist, please contact Jason Jones direct on 0439 885 797.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Shoes - Saucony Kinvara 2 - brand new. US 8.5 ladies (would suit usual US 8 size feet) I always wear 8.5 but Saucony is on the small side. Funky colour - purple & lime green. Excellent shoes - Google the reviews. Bargain $70 – Contact Sue 0402 795 558
2. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. Entry for 2013 Mooloolaba Triathlon now open here.
2. The 2013 Cairns Airport IRONMAN Cairns will open online to individual competitors at 11am AEST on Tuesday 17 July 2012.
3. Have you volunteered to help out at one of our 2012/2013 events yet? Check our calendar here and get your preference in.
4. We urgently require a volunteer Race Director for our 29 July event. Please email if you can put your hand up.
Darwin Triathlon Club