Seems to be quite a newsy period or at least a lot of information of late. Today more of the same, enjoy.
Sunday 29 July 2012
1.5km swim, 13km bike, 5km run or
300m swim, 13km bike, 2.5km run
Race Director: Grant Preddy
Registration: Marcus Lisle / Judith Caball
Timekeeping: Leigh Milne / Naomi Milne
Fruit / Ice: Lauren Stephenson
PRESENTATION NIGHT FUNCTION:
1. il Lido Restaurant, Waterfront Precinct, Sunday 19 August 2012 commencing at 6.15pm.
2. Tickets are on sale now here
$25 Members (12+) includes drink voucher
$35 Non-member guests includes drink voucher
$15 Juniors Under 12 (no voucher)
FINLAY’S NT LONG COURSE TRIATHLON:
1. Lake Bennett, Sunday 26 August 2012, 7am start
2. Entry (& further information) online here.
3. Extra volunteers are required for this event. If you can assist, please contact Jason Jones direct on 0439 885 797
UNIFORM ORDER IS BACK:
1. Our new running singlets have been given the thumbs up. They do look great!
2. If you are still to collect your uniform and you require before our next event, please email here to arrange collection at a mutually suitable time.
1. Behind the scenes of any good club there are many, many volunteers, and these include our committee members.
2. Reports at this week’s committee meeting showed Jason Jones has been extremely active in finalising arrangements for 2012/2013 junior activities. Watch for news of the revamped junior calendar and new activities.
3. Also busy, Graeme Parsons and Dave Croser have diligently been working on our Strategic Plan, building on information gathered at our successful Planning Day held earlier in the year.
4. As well as his presidential duties, Phill Hatty has made time to have our club trailer inspected and has started researching a possible upgrade. If you have design drawing skills and would like to be involved in planning the design for a more functional trailer, please contact us here.
5. Treasurer Karen Lewis has produced interim end of year accounts showing the state of our finances. She is on the hunt for an auditor, any ideas?
6. Tony Cox is our permits man (having been mentored by Col) and undertakes the task of obtaining all the necessary permits for our events. So you are aware of some of the conditions placed on us, a copy of one of the recent permits is attached.
7. We are seeking the assistance of a person to be our St John Ambulance contact (includes form filling to request presence at each of our events) and perhaps also maintain our first aid kit. Sound like you? Email here please for more info.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Triathlon bike - 2009 Cervelo P3C, size 54 (medium), silver, black and white, Dura-Ace derailleurs, Profile Design T2+Cobra aero bars (almost new!), FSA SL-K Light carbon crank, 3T Funda carbon fork, Look Keo pedals, Shimano R500 wheels with Ultegra cassette, all recently serviced (new cables), great condition $3000 obo. Contact Carolyn 0417 965 922.
2. FOR SALE: Wetsuit Women’s medium sleeveless Orca Equip. Flexible 1mm neoprene. Never worn, still with tags, unwanted prize. RRP $299, asking $150. Contact Kylie 0407 942 066
3. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. Thanks to Kylie Gaffel who assisted with sorting and packing of our uniform order for distribution.
2. Yes, that is Michelle Wu out and about training in Darwin. Michelle has been confirmed as a pro starter at Ironman 70.3 World Championships in September. She heads to Cebu in a couple of weeks for Ironman 70.3 Philippines as does Grant Preddy.
3. Ironman Cairns entry opened yesterday. E News would be a mile long if I list all our members who entered. Enough to say Darwin Triathlon Club will have a big presence over there next year.
4. Channel surfing in Brisbane last week, I recognised a voice. None other than Craig Garland, starring in an episode of The Force, out croc hunting. Boy’s own adventure stuff. I did learn that croc’s smell like a kid’s musk lolly.
5. With so many cyclists on our paths and roads at the moment, it’s safety and awareness appeal time again. Riders were seen three abreast on the highway last weekend. If you insist on riding on the roads, please be aware of road rules at all times.
6. If you are out there before sunrise, remember to check that your lights are working. Batteries and charges don’t last forever and being plunged into sudden darkness or worse case, being invisible to drivers is a recipe for disaster.
7. There are lots of group rides happening & the regular Saturday morning groups have been increasing in size. Please triathletes, don’t go down on your aerobars if you are in a pack. If you are new in a group, sit on the back until you are familiar with the pack dynamics. Also gives other riders a chance to suss your skills as well.
8. Great that water temperatures are now on the rise.
9. On swimming, Swimming NT’s 2012 Gatorade NT Open Water Championships will be held at Lake Bennett 15 September 2012. More info, course maps and entry here.
9. This is your E News. Got something interesting, your contributions are very welcome. Don’t forget to check our Website regularly and LIKE us on Facebook.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
… you ride as if you are invisible
… when you can work 8 hours, train 6 hours, sleep 5 hours and still find time to love and play with your awesome family
… you have admired both the sunrise and sunset during training - on the same day.
Darwin Triathlon Club