Will you be heading to the Darwin Show on Friday or taking the time to get some training done? You may opt instead for a sleep in, and with our cool mornings sticking around, that sounds like a good option as well.
Speaking of cool mornings, with the overnight temps below 20 degrees at the moment, we may opt to allow optional wetsuits for Sunday. Is so, the announcement will be made on our Website and Facebook by Friday this week.
For the benefit of those new to the sport of triathlon and as a reminder prior to our first tri for 2012/2013, attached is a list of the 10 most important triathlon rules. Click here to view full TA Race Competition Rules.
Sunday 29 July 2012
1.5km swim, 13km bike, 5km run or
300m swim, 13km bike, 2.5km run
Race Director: Grant Preddy
Registration: Marcus Lisle / Judith Caball
Timekeeping: Leigh Milne / Naomi Milne
Fruit / Ice: Lauren Stephenson
1. If you haven’t yet renewed your membership or joined for 2012/2013 please do so online here and print copy of your receipt to bring to registration.
2. All our events are non drafting.
3. Keep as far to the left of the lane as practicable unless passing another competitor.
4. Obey all NT Road Rules, including stopping at RED lights.
1. Our new 2012/2013 junior calendar and training opportunities have been posted to the junior area of our website.
PRESENTATION NIGHT FUNCTION:
1. Our tickets for the annual function are selling well. We hope you will all be able to join us at il Lido Restaurant, Waterfront Precinct, Sunday 19 August 2012 commencing at 6.15pm.
2. Tickets are on sale now here $25 Members (12+) includes drink voucher; $35 Non-member guests includes drink voucher; $15 Juniors Under 12 (no voucher)
FINLAY’S NT LONG COURSE TRIATHLON UPDATE:
1. Entry (& further information) online here.
2. Accommodation is available at Lake Bennett Resort as follows: Resort/Standard Rooms $125.00 per night (single/double); Family Rooms $145.00 per night (triple); Family Rooms $165.00 per night (quad); Lakeview Rooms $230.00 per night (single/double); Village Rooms $60.00 per night (must bring own bedding, i.e. sheets, towels, blanket) (twin share).
3. Phone 8976 0960 to book. Ask for Tri rate.
1. Uniform orders can be collected at next event. Please email here if you want your order taken down on Sunday.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: TREK tri bike: Equinox 9.9 SSL 2009 Size S (suit small or medium-small). Carbon frame. Sram RED. Great condition and quality bike... value for your money. $3299. Contact David 0418 807 997
2. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. Steve Goat & Shaye Hatty have arrived in Spain ahead of this weekend’s ITU Long Distance World Triathlon Championships. Good news is that the water temperature isn’t as cold as anticipated. Good luck Shaye & Steve!
2. Our club uniform has been taken all the way to Alaska where it will get an airing while Carolyn Barry is home visiting.
3. Feel good story. Remember the article in the NT News about using a $2 bike in the recent Bali Triathlon? Today’s paper follows up with news that a good Samaritan has given Joel a road bike.
4. Our appeal for more daggy deeds to be dobbed in resulted in a couple more nominations. Will you be our Dag this year? Scary thought isn’t it. Previous Dags are listed on our website.
5. Our tri distances for this weekend are leaving some scratching their heads. The 1.5km swim, 13km bike, 5km run (note increase run distance from last year) will provide those training for
Katherine Ultra Challenge and our Finlay’s NT Long Course with a good hit out. We have also included a 300/13/3 option. Committee has approved pointscore points be allocated to both options for this event only.
6. Don’t forget to join or renew your membership online here if you are planning on competing on Sunday.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
… by 7.30am you've done a training session and are then trawling a tri website
… you find it hard to stick to bike path speed limits
… your wedding takes place on the same beach as the swim start, and in the middle of your honeymoon your wife gets to wake up at 4am to drop you off there for body marking
Darwin Triathlon Club
Darwin Triathlon Club