We had a late (as in race morning) change of format for yesterday’s event. Our Casuarina Beach Surprise Duathlon was conducted over a 800m beach run, 13km bike, 4km run and was enjoyed by all.
Our thanks to co Race Directors Bec and Tim Ellison and the wonderful group of volunteers who assisted with the event. Bec & Tim took the change of transition location and format in their stride and we particularly thank them for their efforts as they stepped in at the last minute when Nerida was unable to carry out the RD duty after her surgery.
We really have a great bunch of members and a wonderful volunteer culture.
Hopefully this will continue as we now need to fill the remaining roster spots on our calender of events. Please check the calendar here and if you can fill one of the remaining spots please email. We ask that all members volunteer for a roster spot at least once in a season. For newer members, we have “How To” sheets for RD, timekeeping and Fruit/Ice positions. We look forward to being inundated with emails!
1. Duathlon, Casuarina Beach 800m beach run, 13km bike, 4km run
1 Brett Verity 40 mins 03 secs; 2 Steve Goat 40.15; 3 Ben Streeter 40.56; 4 John Arrigo 40.59; 5 Tim Green 41.03; 6 Justin Tranter 41.36; 7 Michael Varga 42.03; 8 Tony Cox 42.10; 9 Ron Griep 43.13; 10 Ben Sanders 43.45; 11 Carolyn Barry 43.51; 12 Joseph White 43.52; 13 Korgan Hucent 43.52; 14 Chris Jessop 43.57; 15 Stef Puszka 44.09; 16 Rob Weatherald 44.19; 17 Glen Scholz 44.34; 18 Grant Preddy 45.14; 19 Team Bella Hatty 45.45; 20 Rob Brooks 45.57; 21 Team Whitty/Eakins 46.16; 22 Brian Gallagher 47.21; 23 David Glass 48.15; 24 Sue Parora 48.15; 25 Trent Jensen 48.16; 26 John Thyne 48.33; 27 James Geddes 48.36; 28 Shaye Hatty 48.42; 29 Nathan Dwyer 49.47; 30 Jo Ellis 50.32; 31 Tony Burns 50.36; 32 Gary Wall 51.05; 33 Robert Pederson-McLaren 51.06; 34 Pieter Jordaan 51.11; 35 Noah Marcroft 51.32; 36 Gerard Wong 51.48; 37 Daryl Stanley 52.06; 38 Team Belinda/Bertram Birk 53.25; 39 Helen Bretten 53.43; 40 Monica Stewart 53.49; 41 Corinne Fabian 54.04; 42 Graeme Parsons 54.11; 43 Mark Hearnden 54.55; 44 Lucy Thompson 55.07; 45 Bill Piper 55.59; 46 Joy Glass 56.08; 47 Bianca May 56.36; 48 Renee de Jong 56.43; 49 Rose Stephens 58.30; 50 Phill Hatty 59.03; 51 Jacqui Brown 59.52; 52 Leanne Abel 1.02.13; 53 Cath Meng 1.03.02; 54 Clare Labowitch 1.03.45; 55 Moira Wigley 1.04.46; 56 Leigh Milne dnf
2. Ironman 70.3 World Championships, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Sebastian Kienie 3.54.35 Female: Leanda Cave 4.28.05
Derek Cross M30-34 dnf
3. Ironman Wisconsin, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Ben Hoffman 8.32.51 Female: Elizabeth Lyles 9.34.35
4. Ironman 70.3 Muskoka, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Tom Lowe 4.08.54 Female: Rachel Joyce 4.34.47
1. Our junior season kicks off with the Triathlon NT Kids Triathlon Sunday 16 September 2012 at Casuarina Pool (8-10am)
2. Entry for this event is free & open to all interested 6-16 year olds. Registration is required so sign up your budding Crowie or Chrissie here.
3. After this event, juniors wishing to continue to participate in our club season proper must be members. Check out the full calendar of junior events here and see details of the new Tri Skills program being offered by the club.
4. Sign up for 2012/2013 junior membership here.
Sunday 23 September 2012
400m swim, 13km bike, 4km run
Race Director: Brett Verity
Registration: Alison Croser / David Croser
Timekeeping: Alex Wetten / Billy Lynch
Fruit / Ice: Gerard Wong
DARWIN TRIATHLON CLUB AGM:
1. Darwin Triathlon Club AGM was conducted prior to our event yesterday. Congratulations to our 2012/2013 Committee elected as follows:
President: Phill Hatty
Vice President: Steve Goat
Treasurer: Karen Lewis
Communications: Robyn Stanley
Equipment: Glen Scholz
Juniors: Jason Jones
Permits: Tony Cox
General Members: Kylie Gaffel, Sue Parora, Belinda Birk
Public Officer: Simon Weise
LEVEL 0 COACHING COURSE:
Triathlon NT will be conducting a Level 0 Coaching Course on Saturday 22 September 2012. If you would like to get involved in coaching our juniors this year we would love to see you there.
The level 0 coaching course is aimed at parents, teachers and club members who wish to work with children or novice level triathletes. The focus of coaching at this level is on enjoyment, skills, safety and engaging appropriately with children and novice triathletes: fun, family and fitness.
When: Saturday 22 September
Where: Casuarina Pool
Time: 9:00am – 3:00pm
Please register online here
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: 2011 ZIPP 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Wheel Set. Shimano/Sram compatible free hub, comes with Shimano Ultegra 12-23 Cassette, Continental Grand Prix 4000 tyres and tubes. Wheels have only been used for racing and are in excellent condition done Approx 650kms. $2000 ono Contact Justin 0412 399 150.
2. WANTED TO BUY: Second hand road bike, frame size of 58cm or 60cm, up to $1500 Contact Rob 0408 425 241
3. PHUKET 70.3 SHARE AVAILABLE: Available, Room Sharing for Phuket 70.3 2012. Twin room Best Western Allamanda Laguna Phuket lodge. The booking is between 28NOV-05DEC. $70 per night you stay. Contact Grant 0418 686 172
4. Items for next E News by tomorrow 8pm please.
CAP & VISOR COLLECTION:
1. Cap & visor orders were taken to our AGM/event yesterday for distribution but I still have quite a few left over.
2. Next collection point can be prior to Nightcliff swim squad tomorrow 5.50 am. If you have an order in and will be at swim squad tomorrow please email here so I know to take your order with me.
1. Are you helping spread the word about Triathlon NT Kids Triathlon? Great opportunity for youngsters to have a tri in a fun and friendly environment.
2. More photos have recently been added to our Photos
3. After swearing it would never happen in a million years, Moira Wigley became a duathlete yesterday. I think she is secretly chuffed.
4. Impressed by the tenacity shown by some of our younger blokes yesterday.
5. Feel sorry for Adrian McLay who signed up especially to do the swim leg in a team. Welcome to the club Adrian, we are pretty sure you will be doing all three legs at our events real soon.
6. Brian Gallagher was spotted running barefoot & pushing his bike along Dick Ward Drive recently. No repair kit??
7. Ron Griep was in full Netherlands kit yesterday, trying it out prior to Auckland.
8. Also Auckland bound, Helen Bretten made the trip up from Katherine to compete.
9. The Kona girls were spotted, well, just about everywhere over the weekend J Thanks for the encouraging waves & toots.
Darwin Triathlon Club