Tri action takes place at East Point Reserve again this weekend. The 400/13/4 format is a great club distance, challenging enough but doable by all our members.
Please be registered, numbered and racked asap on Sunday as Triathlon NT (peak body for triathlon in NT) AGM will take place prior to our event. Please note because of AGM, registration will close at 6.30am sharp on Sunday.
Our registration volunteers are often competitors themselves so be mindful that they also need to pack up and get themselves ready once registration closes. We thank you for your cooperation.
1. MetaMan Half, Bintan Indonesia, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Leighton Matheson 4.33.52 Female: Janine Willis 5.02.00
Stef Puszka 2nd F25-29 5.12.40
Kylie Gaffel 1st F30-34 5.22.41
Anna Goat 2nd F35-39 5.49.10
Robyn Stanley 1st F60-64 6.36.35
Daryl Stanley 1st M60-64 6.45.16
2. MetaMan, Bintan Indonesia, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Brett Carter 8.43.58 Female: Candice Hammond 9.31.08
3. NT Open Water Swim Championships, 5km
Male: Ben Cooper 1.09.21 Female: Phoebe Hines 1.06.55
Brett Verity 1st M21+ 1.13.46
Moira Wigley 1st F21+ 1.26.43
Ben Streeter 3rd M21+ 1.29.21
4. NT Open Water Swim Championships, 1.2km
Male: Harrison Oakhill 16.12 Female: Paris McCabe
Nicola Hoey 1st F21+ 27.59
Sunday 23 September 2012
7am (Registration closes 6.30am sharp)
400m swim, 13km bike, 4km run
Race Director: Brett Verity
Registration: Alison Croser / David Croser
Timekeeping: Alex Wetten / Billy Lynch
Fruit / Ice: Gerard Wong
Event Status: CLUB (Must be a current 2012/2013 member to participate. Please bring your TA card or copy of your membership receipt with you to registration).
1. Road will be open for this event. All competitors must stop if traffic lights are RED. DQ if you do not stop.
2. No drafting allowed. Drafting is cheating and is also very unsafe.
3. Please keep to left of road unless overtaking.
4. We all need to be mindful that our behaviour on roads has potential to influence whether we are granted permits or not, so please - no cycling two or three abreast or riding in the centre of the lane. Keep to left at all times unless overtaking in accordance with RCR.
5. A copy of the basic rules of triathlon is attached – please read again before Sunday.
CLUB CAPS & VISORS
1. I have a number of club caps & visors and also a couple of outstanding uniform orders still to be collected.
2. If you will be at Sunday’s event and can collect please email here by 5pm tomorrow.
TRIATHLON NT NEWS:
1. Triathlon NT Annual General Meeting will take place at East Point Reserve prior to race brief on Sunday 23 September 2012.
2. Triathlon NT Kids Triathlon was conducted last Sunday and report: What a great start to the junior program at Casuarina pool with over 50 kids enjoying a morning of great activities at the Triathlon NT Come and Try event. It was really great to see so many smiling kids come across the finish line, many of whom were experiencing triathlon for the first time. Also a huge thanks to all the volunteers that made the event happen, DTC volunteers are amazing and made the event run like clockwork, with feedback from parents really positive. It was also great some of the TNT Development squad athletes helping all younger ones with their first triathlon. Bella, Nelson, Joseph and Louise did a great job running games with the kids and helping out in transition, great role modelling guys. This officially kick of the junior season with a great calendar line up for 2012/13.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: 2011 ZIPP 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Wheel Set. Shimano/Sram compatible free hub, comes with Shimano Ultegra 12-23 Cassette, Continental Grand Prix 4000 tyres and tubes. Wheels have only been used for racing and are in excellent condition done Approx 650kms. $2000 ono Contact Justin 0412 399 150.
2. WANTED TO BUY: Second hand road bike, frame size of 58cm or 60cm, up to $1500 Contact Rob 0408 425 241
3. PHUKET 70.3 SHARE AVAILABLE: Available, Room Sharing for Phuket 70.3 2012. Twin room Best Western Allamanda Laguna Phuket lodge. The booking is between 28NOV-05DEC. $70 per night you stay. Contact Grant 0418 686 172
4. FOR SALE: Cannondale Caad 5 Road bike frame size 56 (sorry, no wheels or chain) purchased 2006, has 2 drink cages. Blue/Grey $100 ONO contact Danealle 0417 453 560
5. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. Those attending the inaugural MetaMan in Bintan, Indonesia were impressed with the event. The midday start time for the half iron distance made it challenging to start with. The course is a tough one, the swim was against the current, the bike course hilly and the run was over a number of different surfaces. Finishing into the cool of the evening got a big thumbs up.
2. You may be interested in the National Aquathlon Championships which are being held in Victoria as part of the inaugural Yarrawonga Mulwala Multi Sport Festival on 20-21 October 2012.
3. Organisers are reporting women are bucking the global trend at the Lake Wanaka Half in NZ with 53% of the field made up of female athletes in a sport that is usually dominated by men.
4. Like the new “champions jersey” unveiled for Ironman World Championship.
5. ITU World Duathlon Championships take place this week.
6. Witsup (Women in Triathlon) is featuring Australia’s age group competitors competing in Kona. Robyn’s is already up here with Kylie’s still to come.
7. Former NT Long Course winner Charlotte McShane has been named in Australia’s Under 23 team for ITU World Championships in Auckland.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
… you check the race schedule before planning your next family holiday
… you happily wear open shoes / sandals even if you have “tri” toes
… you can function well during a five day international tri trip with just carry-on luggage
Darwin Triathlon Club