Many of you have expressed your disappointment on hearing the news this morning that NT Government has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2013 Arafura Games. Triathlon has been part of the Games since 1991 so it’s sad to hear that news.
Those of you already targeting Arafura will be happy that our NT OD Triathlon will likely still take place around that time, so watch this space.
But that’s all in the future, we have our Enduro event coming up this weekend that many are really looking forward to. Welcome to our new members who have signed up recently and to those who have said it is especially to participate at this event!
You will find there has been some work done on the speed bumps at Lake Alexander which should make riding there a whole lot smoother.
FOR SALE: CLUB CAPS, VISORS & RANDOM UNIFORM ITEMS:
1. Thanks to those who have placed orders. Some items are still available and you can see photos of, order & pay for your cap, visor or random uniform items here.
2. Orders will be available for collection at the Enduro on Sunday.
Sunday 4 November 2012
7am (Registration closes 6.45am)
250m swim, 5km bike, 1km run x 3
Event Status: CLUB must be a member to participate. Please bring TA card or copy of your membership receipt.
Race Director: Scott Bevis
Registration: Kate Richardson / Belinda Townend
Timekeeping: Kate Richardson / Belinda Townend
Fruit / Ice: Tom O’Neil
1. Volunteer required: We urgently need another volunteer to assist during the race with the other bike turn around point. If you can help out please email
2. All DTC events are non-drafting events.
3. If you are new to our sport, or a little unsure of our rules, please check the attached 10 most important triathlon rules to remember.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Giant Defy racing bike, XS frame, 9 speed, new Shimano R500 wheels. Perfect first bike for juniors $200 Contact Chris 0412 000 817
2. FOR SALE: Vision drink system. Installs under aero bars, twin bladder design. Brand new never used. $150 Contact Chris 0412 000 817
3. ROOM AVAILABLE: Room for rent in large 4 bedroom townhouse in Woolner for any travelling female triathletes or friends and family thereof. $250p/wk incl power (neg depending on stay). Large, furnished a/c room, own bathroom in secure townhouse with spa and yard. Situated only 5mins from East Point and drive to CBD, perfect launching pad for training! Contact Renae 0488 102 939
4. FOR SALE: Giant XTC 2 MTB 26 inch Silver/black in excellent condition. 2010 model ALUXX SL Butted Alloy Frame, Rockshox Recon SL Air with poplock, Shimano SLX/Deore 27speed drivetrain, Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic disc brakes, Raceface Ride XC Bar/Stem/Seatpost and Shimano M520 SPD clipless pedals. Also has carbon drink bottle holders and wireless computer with cadence. Size Medium. $750. Contract Bertram 0401 114 492
5. FOR SALE: PRICE REDUCED – now an absolute bargain! 2009 Giant TCR Advanced SL1. Small. Carbon frame, Dura-Ace 7900 group-set, integrated seat mast, Mavic Ksyrium Premium wheelset, carbon bars. Inc, cages but not pedals. Very well looked after, serviced prior to sale. Price reduced $1,900. Contact Kiah 0402 009 112
6. ACCOMMODATION: Room available in a spacious 3 bed, 2 bathroom (plus extra toilet) house in The Gardens, close to the top entrance of the Botanical Gardens. Looking for someone happy, sociable and independent who wants a nice home $260p/w - Contact Nicola 0402 838 152
7. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please
1. Good luck wishes to our members competing at Noosa Triathlon (Qld) and MurrayMan Triathlon (SA) this weekend.
2. Ian Pollock is supposed to be competing in the New York Marathon this weekend. Organisers are yet to announce whether the event will go ahead.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
… you think an Ironman is easier than a marathon because you don't have to start by running fast
… your bicycle has a name, sleeps INSIDE the house, and is worth more - emotionally and monetarily - than your car
… you are actually interested in the kilometre by kilometre recap in answer of the fairly innocuous question, "So, how was your race?”
Darwin Triathlon Club