The results from Murray Man, the Australian Age Group Long Course Championships in Barmera, SA were worth the wait.
It’s great to learn that we now have two new Australian age group champions among our members.
Congratulations to Derek Cross (1st M30-34) who was also first age group athlete home & 3rd overall, and to Corinne Fabian (1st F55-59). See below.
1. Murray Man, Australian Age Group Long Course Championships, Barmera, SA, 2km swim, 80km bike, 20km run
Male: Matty White 3.51.05 Female: Holly Ranson 4.29.31
Male: Derek Cross 4.07.59 Female: Mandy Towler 4.50.51
Derek Cross 1st M30-34 4.07.59
John Arrigo 4th M30-34 4.21.20
Renee De Jong 2nd 5.53.44
Corinne Fabian 1st F55-59 6.36.35
2. Updated Noosa results:
Noosa Triathlon, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 5km run
Male: Peter Kerr 1.46.35 Female: Ashleigh Gentle 1.58.57
Trent Jensen 100th M35-39 2.19.29
Kylie Gaffel 11th F30-34 2.24.24
Leigh Milne 190th M35-39 2.27.46
Glen Scholz 166th M30-34 2.28.49
Angelika Hannon 18th F50-54 2.52.26
Naomi Milne 152nd F30-34 3.04.22
Brian Hannon 209th M50-54 3.17.46
1. Don’t forget it is Junior tri skills session this evening 5-6pm at Casuarina Pool; bring bike, helmet, swim & run gear, drink bottle for these fun sessions; Cost: Pool entry only
2. The kids are also looking forward to their Splash N Dash (swim, run format to suit all jnr ages & abilities) at the Waterfront, this Sunday (11 November 2012) commencing at 7.30am
3. Parents please have juniors at venue at least half an hour before start time to ensure they are registered, numbered and ready to start at listed time.
4. Joseph White & Bella Hatty head for Brisbane and Queensland All School Triathlon this weekend. Good luck!
Friday 16 November 2012
Splash N Dash
200m swim, 2km run x 2
Race Director: Bertram Birk
Registration: Kylie Gaffel / Tass Liveris
Timekeeping: Jane Marie Kerslake / Monica Stewart
Fruit / Ice: Belinda Birk
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. BIKE WANTED: Just starting in triathlon, need road bike to suit male 6’3”. $400 - $700 range Contact Troy 0412 933 254
2. FOR SALE: Cervelo P3 (2011) 54cm - Ultegra running gear with dura-ace shifters. New 10spd rear cassette. Great condition and regularly serviced. No damage or scratches. Would suit person 5'8 to 5'11. Selling $3000ono. Contact Simon 0414 657 256
3. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please
1. 2013 Noosa Triathlon will be held on Sunday 3 November 2013. Triathlon Australia Priority Entry for individual and teams will open online at www.noosatri.com.au for TA Annual Members on Thursday 8 November at 9am QLD time until Friday 9 November at 5pm QLD time. Individual and team entries for the general public will open online at www.noosatri.com.au at 9am QLD on Tuesday 13 November. Note: You must have been a member as of Monday 5 November to access priority entry for Noosa 2013.
2. More Darwin connection at weekend with past member Jac Crofton winning her age category at Barmera (1st F35-39 5.07.15) and 2012 NT Sprint Champion Stephane Vander Bruggan winning his (M35-39 4.13.17) for 5th overall.
3. Hear Trent Jensen also had a PB at Noosa last weekend. Well done.
4. The temperature topped 39 degrees for Murray Man in SA and organisers used over a tonne of ice on the day. Down south weather …. could easily have been freezing!
5. Our swim/run lovers are very much looking forward to the first splash n dash of the year. Note that it is on Friday with a 6pm start time. Easy dash down for those working in the city.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
… you find yourself promoting tri training principles to your running mates, when all they're really concerned with is running off the extra lunch they had
… you'd rather someone steal your car than your bike
… you get more phone calls at 5 am than at 5 pm.
Darwin Triathlon Club