It must be the wet season - our much anticipated Splash N Dash at the Waterfront Lagoon is on again this Friday evening.
The swim/runners among our ranks have been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to leave the wheels at home. We expect another good turnout for this event.
We hope to be able to announce a prize draw and a meal deal on Friday, so listen up at the race brief.
Don’t forget that parking metres have extended hours at the Waterfront ~ especially if you are staying on after the event for a drink or for dinner.
1. Hamilton Island Triathlon, 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Male: Courtney Atkinson 1.00.26 Female: Ashleigh Gentle 1.08.41
2. Race 1 XOSIZE Series, Vic, 500m swim, 16km bike, 5km run
Male: Mitchell Kibby 48.08 Female: Wendy McAlpine 54.59
3. Ironman 70.3 Lanzarote, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Ivan Rana 4.07.35 Female: Danne Boterenbrood 4.40.05
4. Qld All Schools Triathlon, Intermediate 600m swim, 16km bike, 4km run
Joseph White 15th M15-16 57.38
Bella Hatty 22nd F15-16 1.06.13
Friday 16 November 2012
Splash N Dash
200m swim, 2km run x 2
Race Director: David McLeod / Bertram Birk
Registration: Kylie Gaffel / Tass Liveris
Timekeeping: Jane Marie Kerslake / Monica Stewart
Fruit / Ice: Belinda Birk
TRIATHLON NT POSITION VACANT:
1. Triathlon NT Inc is seeking applications for the role of Triathlon Development Officer to be based in Darwin.
2. The two main aims of the position are to
• increase the participation of juniors (age 6-16) in triathlon and in particular, to become active members of a triathlon club
• facilitate the entry of juniors into performance pathways.
3. The successful applicant will be expected to liaise with clubs, coaches, selected schools, and relevant community programs throughout the NT.
4. This is a contract position. The successful applicant will be contracted for a maximum of 25 hours per week for 38 weeks per year (1 July – 30 April each year) at $30 per hour.
5. For further information and Selection Criteria please email Alan Day at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Applications close by Friday 30 November 2012.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Wetsuit, Foor HQ1 in good condition, ladies size 10-12. $80 Contact Nell 0427 479 550
2. WANTED TO BUY: Just starting in triathlon, need road bike to suit male 6’3”. $400+ Contact Troy 0412 933 254
3. Items for next E News or requests for reruns by 8pm Sunday
There can be no better way to spend a Sunday morning than watching enthusiastic juniors participate in our sport. They give 100% and have fun along the way. Had to admire the kids who were doing their first ever open water swim at our junior event, that’s challenging even for adults! Well done kids.
Our thanks to our junior Co-ordinator Jason Jones, John Thyne and Belinda Rowley who all so generously give of their time to present our junior program and make sure the juniors have such a good experience, that many don’t realise they are picking up tri skills as well. A big thank you also to those volunteers who helped out on the day. Much appreciated.
1. The Variety Santa Fun Run is on again Sunday 25 November 2012
2. Simon Whitfield (Sydney Olympics gold medallist) has indicated he won’t be racing OD and is instead going to race long course events in 2013.
3. Noosa 2013 is full and a waitlist has started.
4. Bike course for Ironman 70.3 Canberra has been altered due to roadwork taking out the infamous Crossing.
5. Bella Hatty & Joseph White encountered some choppy water and a windy bike leg at Queensland All Schools Triathlon.
6. Now that our water temperatures are back up to the 29 / 30 degree mark, it’s only those needing wetsuit swim practice donning the rubber.
7. Triathlon for the Soul ~ entry is open for the Bali International Triathlon. Race date 23 June 2013. New run course in 2013.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN…
… you don't find it odd or offensive when your friend says she was thinking of you while she was pulling her toe nail off
… you have to tell the lady doing your pedicure not to waste any more remover, your big toe nail is that colour!
… you are excited because it’s finally summer elsewhere in Australia & new swimwear ranges have been launched
Darwin Triathlon Club