It seems silly season is already here and we have members heading in all directions. We are an amazingly mobile group! For those of us remaining in Darwin, there are still a couple of events on our calendar before Christmas to enjoy.
This week we head to Lake Alexander for our next Splash N Dash event. If you thought Waterfront was testing, it’s time to toughen up as we go 200/2 x 3 on Friday J
Sound a bit daunting? You are always welcome to complete one or two of the swim/run laps or form a team.
1. Gatorade Series #1, St Kilda, 500m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Male: Peter Kerr 53.25 Female: Penny Hoskins 1.02.15
Stef Puszka 1st F25-29 1.05.45
2. Ironman Cozumel, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Ivan Rana 8.15.07 Female: Mary Beth Ellis 9.15.38
Friday 30 November 2012
Splash N Dash
200m swim, 2km run x 3
Race Director: Rob Brooks
Registration: Rowena Eastick / Justin Tranter
Timekeeping: Barry Smart / Justin Tranter
Fruit / Ice: Anna Newlove
1. Work is continuing on our new trailer design thanks to Tony Cox, Phill Hatty, Steve Goat and Glen Scholz.
2. The Club financially assisted juniors Joseph White and Bella Hatty to attend Qld All Schools Triathlon.
3. Race Director and other guidelines have been updated, a collaborative effort.
4. Sponsorship subcommittee is meeting this week. Aim is to formalise club sponsorship/member benefit arrangements.
5. Committee is meeting with stakeholders with a view to adding a new corporate triathlon to our calendar next year.
6. Junior co-ordinator Jason Jones reported junior events have been well attended. We would like to encourage junior attendance at our junior triathlon skills sessions on 1st & 3rd Wednesday at Casuarina Pool 5-6pm. Final session for 2012 takes place Wednesday 5 December. Tri skills sessions then resume 30 Jan 12.
TRIATHLON NT NEWS:
1. Coach required for the NT Schools Triathlon Team to compete at the 2013 National School Sport Championships to be held in Penrith NSW in April. If you are interested please email Triathlon NT EO Alan Day here.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Orbea TT trial for sale; 2009 Orbea Ora - Black and White - 51cm; Profile T2 bar and extensions; Durace – Running gear including brakes shifters etc.; just had brand new cables put on it;
Ritchey Protocol rims; $1250 Ono; In good condition. Contact Leigh 0419 925 499
2. FOR SALE: 2012 Scott Contessa Female road bike; Frame: Speedster 6061 alloy; Fork: carbon, alloy steerer; Group set: Shimano 105; Parts: carbon seat post; Wheels: Scott Team hubs, Alex Race 28 Aero rims; Size: XS 49cm; In perfect condition, selling to upgrade; $1200 Contact Holly 0414 210 543
3. FOR SALE: EMC 54cm men’s road bike; alloy with carbon fork and seat post, Shimano 105 and Vittoria tyres. It is as new and only done about 120km's. If anyone is interested its $1100 It rides well and doesn't have a scratch on it. Contact Phillip 0418 878 532.
4. HOUSE SITTER WANTED: Looking for House/dog sitter in the triathlete friendly Ludmilla area 27 December - 11 January Contact Raz 0407 118 449
5. FOR SALE: Computrainer System - with Storage Unit – Flat Screen TV (so you can view your courses & virtual training partner). You just need a computer to hook up to. The Wet Season is almost here and if you are planning on using a wind trainer, have a look at this amazing system . You can download any course you are training for (over 100 Ironman, half ironman, Tour De France courses are already on the system) – it comes with the latest software upgrade and is an amazing tool to give you the edge when racing in places where you can’t train on the course. Computrainer system costs $2499 + $60 for the stand. The storage unit cost $800 and the TV around $1000. Selling for $2200 ono. Contact Sue 0402 795 558
1. Oops, I spoke to soon. That pesky Waterfront fish did upset a couple of our competitors at the Splash N Dash last week. Thankfully the water safety guys were on hand and helped the swimmers who were somewhat distressed.
2. A number of our members are heading to Thailand for Ironman 70.3 Phuket. They include Lucy Thompson, Kylie Gaffel, Grant Preddy, Ben Sanders and Glen Scholz. Good luck!
3. Kylie Sheffield has now officially made her big 'comeback' after three years. Kylie participated in a novice event in Canberra yesterday and says she definitely picked the right distance. Nothing has changed – still hates the bike and loves the run. She even wore her DTC trisuit which apparently is starting to look a bit shabby but still holds everything in and up!
4. Those heading west this week for IM Western Australia include Ali Croser, Dave Croser and Leigh Milne. Wishing them calm waters, tail winds and cloud cover.
5. Lots of members were spotted in the Santa crowd at Variety Santa Run yesterday.
6. General entry for IM 70.3 Cairns opens tomorrow 10.30am our time. The TA member allocation sold out extra fast last week.
7. Racing away or know someone who is? We would love to get a heads up on events our members are attending. Makes results searching so much easier.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
… you find yourself yelling at cars to “hold your line”
… you appreciate your sunglasses more because they allow you to anonymously observe the wonders of tight fitting lycra over race tuned triathlete bodies
… you appreciate Gu because not only can you eat it, it also provides added hand stickiness that makes for better bike handling through improved handlebar grip
Darwin Triathlon Club