We were again very lucky with the weather on Friday evening. The storms rolled past Lake Alex and we got our splash n dash underway to some rumbling and a distant lightning strike.
200/2 x 3 proved to be a cerebral and well as physical workout and was thoroughly enjoyed, as were the very welcome post race refreshments.
Our thanks to Race Director Rob Brooks for his time & effort to set up our event. To keep us on our toes Rob had three different run courses for competitors to negotiate! Thanks also to Sue Parora who was shadowing Rob & at the same time, learning the art of race set up.
Our sincere thanks also go to our many roster volunteers and those who helped out on the evening. We extend a big thank you to Surf Lifesaving NT volunteers who provided water safety on Friday evening. Their presence at our events is reassuring and greatly appreciated.
1. Splash N Dash, Lake Alexander, 200/2 x 3
Male: Brett Verity 35.33 Female: Stef Puszka 39.21
Full results posted to our website
2. Ironman 70.3 Phuket, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Chris McCormack 4.04.40 Female: Melissa Hauschildt 4.23.30
Ben Sanders 8th M35-39 4.59.35
Grant Preddy 8th M25-29 5.12.42
Kylie Gaffel 1st F30-34 5.19.19
Glen Scholz 28th M30-34 5.34.58
Lucy Thompson 14th F30-34 6.27.50
3. Kepler Challenge, NZ 60km Alpine Run
Male: Vajiin Armstrong 4.55.24 Female: Ruby Muir 5.37.55
David McLeod 201st 8.43.33
4. XOSIZE #2, Vic, 250m swim, 10km bike, 2.5km run x 2
Male: Leigh Stabryla 1.02.59 Female: Meg Lambe 1.09.17
Christmas Splash N Dash
Juniors & Seniors
Saturday 15 December 2012
1km run, 200m swim, 1km run, 200m swim, 1km run
Junior distances to suit.
Race Director: Rob Weatherald
Registration: Anna Goat / Christine Friebel
Timekeepers: Louise Ogden / Peta Jeggo
Fruit / Ice: Russell Peacock
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: GIANT Defy 55.5cm men’s road bike & accessories worth around $1000 new ; alloy with carbon forks , Tiagra and new roubaix and continental 23' tyres. It is kept in excellent condition and rides very smooth. Accessories include:Laser 02 helmet, shimano pedals, riding glasses (dhb - 3x swappable lens), cat-eye computer, profile-bars, moon front light (500 candles USB charge), rear USB charge light, 2x drink holders, 2x bike pumps (bontrager push and frame attached hand pump), rear carry bag, spare tyres and tubes, puncher repair kit, gas canister kit with canisters,chain cleaning oil. Optional: shimano shoes and cleats (size 44-45), 4x bike pants (size 34-36ish), 3x cycle gurnseys (size large). $1200 for everything to get you on the road with nothing more to buy - Contact Alex 0404 616 441
2. FOR SALE: Orbea TT trial for sale; 2009 Orbea Ora - Black and White - 51cm; Profile T2 bar and extensions; Durace – Running gear including brakes shifters etc.; just had brand new cables put on it;
Ritchey Protocol rims; $1250 Ono; In good condition. Contact Leigh 0419 925 499
3. FOR SALE: Computrainer System - with Storage Unit – Flat Screen TV Selling for $2200 ono. Contact Sue 0402 795 558
1. I got way ahead of myself last week and wished those heading to IM WA good luck. The race is, of course, this weekend … so you have an extra couple of days to wish Ali Croser, Leigh Milne and Dave Croser good luck
2. Ironman may have withdrawn from yet another Asian race but we can now look forward to Challenge Laguna Phuket. Challenge is also mentioning a new iron distance event for Asia, eyes peeled for that one.
3. Interesting watching the various transition methods used on Friday evening. Some lightning quick efforts observed and also some sitting down on the job!
4. Good to have club life member Anthony Beven in the field on Friday. Thinking he may have lost a little speed, but will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was finding it a little warm!
5. Well done new member Graham Havens! Always exciting to see people achieve more than they thought possible.
6. Time to start looking around for your Christmas accessories to wear at our Christmas Splash N Dash.
7. Christmas Splash N Dash is a whole of club event. We have our event, the juniors participate over their distances and then we have a combined jnr/senior relay. Wonderful way to end the year.
8. Wow a quick check of entry lists shows those doing IM Cairns or Cairns 70.3 are going to have a lot of support from within.
9. Tony Burns is back in Oz safely after his Egyptian adventures.
10. It’s getting busy on our roads with everyone rushing around prior to Christmas and with the wet weather around it pays to be little more cautious. Stay safe out there.
Darwin Triathlon Club