A good crowd got 2013 underway at Race 1 of our Aquathlon Series at Nightcliff Pool on Saturday evening. The weather was near perfect for splashing and dashing and the times were pretty swift. Obviously some of us trained hard over the festive season!
It was pleasing to welcome a number of new members who were participating for the first time. Well done, hope to see you at many more future events.
Our thanks to our Race Director Daryl Stanley for organising & setting up this event on our behalf and also to the roster & other volunteers for their much appreciated assistance.
COMMUNICATION WITH MEMBERS:
Over the next few weeks, communication with members will be via our website, and/or our Facebook page. Please check in regularly particularly in the week prior to an event.
1. Race 1 Aquathlon Series, Nightcliff Pool 400m swim, 3km run
Male: Brett Verity 15.25 Female: Stef Puszka 18.00
Full results are posted to website
2. Ironman 70.3 Auckland, Asia Pacific Championships, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Christian Kemp (AUS) 3.56.03 Female: Annabel Luxford (AUS) 4.19.19
Carolyn Barry 3rd F40-44 5.02.24
Stu Fitch 3rd M60-64 5.03.45
3. Race 3, XOSIZE Series, Elwood, Vic, 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Male: James Chronis 47.09 Female: Sarah Lester 1.05.59
Monica Stewart 1st F60-64 1.24.08
4. Race 3 Gatorade, Elwood, 500m swim, 20km bike, 5km run (update)
Male; Jamie Huggett 54.37 Female: Emily Cust 1.02.01
Emma Cook 9th F35-39 1.17.52
Saturday 2 February 2013
Race 2 Aquathlon Series
500m swim, 4km run
Race Director: Barry Sullivan
Registration: Moira Wigley / Jane Marie Kerslake
Timekeepers: Louise Ogden / Christine Friebel
Fruit / Ice: Russell Peacock
1. A quick glance at our calendar shows that we are desperately in need of volunteers for a number of positions at upcoming events.
2. Please check the calendar and if you haven’t yet helped or you are not yet listed on the roster for an upcoming event, think about putting up your hand. We need to fill those basic positions to enable our events to go ahead.
1. Skills training for Juniors resumes at Casuarina Pool 5-6pm on Wednesday 30 January 2013
2. Next Junior Triathlon is scheduled for Sunday 27 January 2013 at Lake Alexander, starting 7.30am. Allow time for registration & set up
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. LOST: At Nightcliff Pool aquathlon. Pair of red leather thongs. Contact Pam 0419 860 511
2. FOR SALE: Running Pram -Baby Jogger Performance Jogger.; we now have two kids so a single jogger isn't enough anymore. It's been a great pram. Fantastic for long runs. We bought 2 yrs ago, and in near new condition. Main features include 20" pneumatic quick-release wheels offer less rolling resistance when running and rear shock absorbers soak up road bumps, making a smoother ride for your child. Weather Shield included - $700 ONO Phone Todd 0438 010 426, pick up Millner
3. FOUND: A couple of pairs of goggles were left at the pool. They are in the race box. Collect a next event.
1. Former club member Bob Martin qualified for Kona at Ironman 70.3 Auckland at the weekend. Congrats Bob.
2. Jane Perkin is back in town after some well-earned R & R. Jane is taking Massage4Life appointments for mid-week evenings & Sundays 0437 063 923. We look forward to having Jane on board as a sponsor again in 2013.
3. Gary Wall has been training the house down in Victoria over the holidays and the world being such a small place he bumped into Emma Cook doing the same thing. Both took part in the 8km mountain to surf run with Gary taking 35:32 & Emma 39:25. They also had a crack at the Pier to Pub 1.2km swim with Emma clocking 23.09 and Gary 51.53. We are yet to hear if Gary survived Tough Mudder at the weekend!
4. Brian Gallagher has delved into the murky depths at the bottom of the cupboard and located some historical triathlon records. Hope to get those up on our Facebook page & relevant websites asap. Thanks Brian.
5. She who will remain nameless, had to participate in a team on Saturday evening after leaving her running shoes at work.
6. I think the Manly library action on Lance Armstrong says it best. They have moved his books to the fiction section.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
... you think 6.30am is a sleep in
... you can drink a recovery drink while in the shower or on the loo
... you are asked for a recent photo and all you can find are finish line shots
Darwin Triathlon Club