There was a great roll up of senior and junior members for our aquathlons yesterday at Lake Alexander. Great to see so many enthusiastic faces. Some were grateful for the later start time, others cursing it as they neared the end of the run.
Our sincere thanks to Race Director Justin Tranter and all the volunteers who helped stage this event. We really appreciate your efforts.
We also thank Surf Life. We now have new arrangements regarding water safety in place due to the efforts of committee member Bin Birk.
As the seniors participated in the final race of the series (and the NT Aquathlon championships) our juniors had fun in a series of activities under the watchful eye of Bec and Tim Ellison, our thanks also to them for stepping up to help out.
1. Race 2 Aquathlon Series (NT Aquathlon Championships) Lake Alexander, 750m swim, 5km run
Male: Brett Verity 29.29 Female: Stef Puszka 33.04
Full results posted to website
Brett Verity / Stef Puszka
Age Category Winners:
Under 20: Joseph White /
20-24: Rowan Beggs-French / Julia Gaudin
25-29: Justin Tranter / Stef Puszka
30-34: Marcus Lisle / Shoanne Labowitch
35-39: Brett Verity / Emma Winterflood
40-44: Chris Jessop / Tara Worby
45-49: Ron Griep / Belinda Birk
50-54: Pete Brady / Moira Wigley
55-59: Brian Gallagher / Vicki Woodrow
60-64: Alan Day / Monica Stewart
2. Geelong Long Course, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Christian Kemp 3.47.21 Female: Melissa Hauschildt 4.11.20
Michelle Gailey FPro 8th 4.31.30
John Arrigo 18th M30-34 4.28.39
Stef Puszka 3rd F25-29 4.47.16
Glen Scholz 114th M30-34 5.10.53
James Geddes 123rd M40-44 5.15.05
Anna Goat 22nd F35-39 5.23.53
Emma Cook 23rd F35-39 5.24.48
Nicola Hoey 25th F35-39 5.29.33
Emmett Hartung 167th M35-39 5.39.18
Angelika Hannon 7th F50-54 6.19.48
Renee de Jong 29th F25-29 6.27.40
3. Geelong Olympic Distance, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Scott McPherson 1.59.03 Female: Laura Siddell 2.06.12
Ron Griep 7th M45-49 2.17.28
David Glass 1st Clydesdale 90-99kgs 2.23.12
Jodie McLeod 4th F45-49 2.38.41
Bertram Birk 15th M50-54 2.44.58
Jo Ellis 16th F30-34 2.45.19
4. 2013 Husky Long Course, 2km swim, 83km bike, 20km run
Male: Tim Reed 3.35.57 Female: Liz Blatchford 4.03.25
5. Coles Bay Half, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Matty White 4.06.53 Female: Caroline Wilson 5.27.21
Sunday 24 February 2013
400m swim, 15km mtb, 4km run
Race Director: Aaron Caden / Tim Ellison
Registration: John Thyne / Carolyn Barry
Timekeeping: Tori Sherrock / Angela Librio
Fruit / Ice: Stef Puszka
1. Our much awaited 2013 Sprint & Womens Series of events commences shortly.
2. We are extremely pleased to have negotiated a return to Robertson Barracks for Race 1 (Sunday 10 March 2013).
3. Obviously using these facilities come with some responsibilities and restrictions and we ask that you pay particular attention to entry details for this event .
4. To assist with smooth entry on to Robertson Barracks for competitors and supporters on race morning, we require your online registration so an approved list can be provided to base security.
5. All entries for this event are to be made online by midday Thursday 7 March 13. There will be definitely no late entry taken.
6. Entry is now open online here.
7. Any supporters accompanying you to the event must be listed at time of entry.
8. On race morning, you & your supporters will require photo ID and your name must be on our list to be allowed entry.
9. Please factor in extra time for this processing. Our registration check and body marking will close at 6.45am sharp. Late comers will not be able to participate.
10. Please note: Once registered, no refunds will be made.
1. Our members are looking as fit as with many targeting events over the next few months.
2. Stu Fitch nursing a few bruises after taking a tumble on a recent run.
3. Graham Havens was stoked to make his way through the 750m swim yesterday.
4. Good to see former president Kerry Grace in the aquathlon field.
5. Speaking of presidents, Phill Hatty’s swim time from yesterday includes a very slow walk through transition and round to the timing point.
6. On a personal note, I’d like to thank the club for the beautiful flowers sent during my recent stay in hospital. Truly brightened my day!
Darwin Triathlon Club