This really is the busy, busy period for local triathlon and as with all our events our volunteer committee, race organisers & helpers are stretched to the limit.
Please help us by making yourself aware of what’s happening and where, by checking in regularly with the website, Facebook and Twitter as well as carefully reading your E News.
The following is important information regarding entry arrangements for our next few events – please read carefully:
Race 1 Robertson Barracks (600/20/5 or short option 300/10/2.5) Sun 10 March 2013 7am
Entry Online here now open - $7.50 - Closes this Thurs 7 March - no late entry taken
All competitors require photo ID and must be on our competitor or supporter list to be allowed on base.
Race 2 Lake Alexander (750/26/5 or short option 300/13/2.5) Sun 24 March 2013 7am
Normal entry on day registration - $5
Race 3 Ray White Darwin NT Sprint Distance Championships Lake Alexander (750/26/5) Sun 7 April 2013
Entry Online here open from midday TODAY Monday 4 March 2013 - $40
Please note this event is a selection points event for the Australian Team for ITU Age Group Sprint Distance World championships in London in September and will attract interstate entries. As it has limited numbers and will sell out quickly, we advise our members to get your entry in today.
1. Sufferfest Warrnambool, 2km swim, 80km bike, 20km run
Male: Luke Bell 3.39.59 Female: Michelle Gailey 4.22.04
2. Ironman New Zealand, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Bevan Docherty 8.15.35 Female: Meredith Kessler 9.17.10
10 March 2013
Race 1 Sprint & Women’s Series
600m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
(Short option: 300m swim, 10km bike, 2.5km run)
1. All entries for this event are to be made online by midday Thursday 7 March 13. There will be definitely no late entry taken.
2. Entry is now open online here.
3. Please factor in extra time for this processing. Our registration check and body marking will close at 6.45am sharp. Late comers will not be able to participate.
4. For parking arrangements on Sunday see attached map.
Race Director: Glen Scholz
Registration: Heath Porter / Vicki Woodrow
Timekeeping: Nerida Godfrey / Simon Weise
Fruit / Ice: Vicki Woodrow
FOR SALE, WANTED ETC:
1. WANTED TO BUY: Road bike to suit guy 6 foot, 90kgs. Approx $700 - $1000 Contact Brad 0437 790 053
2. FOR SALE: Zoot ladies wetsuit. Sized as small but would say its XS. Worn three times, I had the sleeves professionally altered to make it a little bigger but still a bit too small. Super thin with buoyancy panels. $50 Call Nic on 0402 838 152
3. FOR SALE: Ladies Orbea road bike, alloy frame/carbon forks, 52cm frame with shimano 105. Bought new at the end of 2008. Has new seat and has had new wheel/chain etc along the way. Comes with pedals and bottle cages. Has a few minor scratches that you would expect from a bike of that age. $700 Contact Nic on 0402 838 152
4. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. TA member priority entry for Ironman 70.3 Sunshine Coast (15 Sept 13) opens 9am tomorrow. More info here.
2. Who was that big bald bloke & his blonde sidekick at Nightcliff Pool armed with a builder’s tape & measuring the pool length? According to said bloke, the distance is 50.1m.
3. Our transition training skills session with John Thyne held on Saturday morning at Lake Alexander was well attended. Participants gained lots of valuable knowledge and had the opportunity to practise their new skills. Our thanks to John for conducting this session and in particular for assisting our newer members to learn more about our sport.
4. A reminder to members who change address and or email or phone contacts. Please remember to go back into your Triathlon Australia record and update your details to ensure our records are up to date.
5. A uniform order will be opened later today (just awaiting link). It will close next Monday. Please take this opportunity to order your club items at cost price.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
... you were out training in one of weekend's downpours and enjoyed being wet and dirty
... your laundry continually smells like someone locked the cat in overnight
... you only tackle home improvement projects during recovery weeks
Darwin Triathlon Club