Our NT Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships got underway in perfect conditions yesterday and continued that way throughout. We welcomed athletes from Victoria, Queensland, NSW and SA this year and they all enjoyed their Top End tri experience.
We are indebted to Korgan Hucent of Ray White Darwin for his continued sponsorship of our event.
Korgan and the brilliant crew from Ray White Darwin went all out to make it the very best day possible for competitors. Thanks to Korgan for getting behind the club and our members. Great news is that Ray White Darwin has already committed to sponsoring the event for the 5th year next year.
We had many wonderful volunteers in action yesterday. Race Director Phill Hatty rallied the troops and made sure the day went smoothly. Shaye Hatty keep onlookers up to date and entertained as she “manned” the mic. EO Triathlon NT Anna Goat was busy behind the scenes. TO Adele Butler was keeping an eye on proceedings and was extremely happy with behaviour on the bike course. The Surf Life crew were on hand for water safety and backed up on our water station, St John Ambulance were there to cover any first aid requirements and we are always happy to say they weren’t needed! We had people on corners, mount and dismount lines, water stations extras, post-race refreshments and of course our timing crew were keep extremely busy with the constant flow of competitors.
As always, a collective effort by many, many volunteers meant a day of fantastic racing and spectating. We thank you all for your contribution to the success of the day.
1. 2013 Ray White Darwin NT Sprint Distance Triathlon, 750m swim, 26km bike, 5km run
Male: Tim Green 1.06.40 Female: Stef Puszka 1.14.33
Prov results here
2013 NT Sprint Distance Champions
Male: Tim Green Female: Stef Puszka
Age Category Winners:
U20: Liam Rapley / Emma Jeffcoat
20-24: Rowan Beggs-French / Julia Gaudin
25-29: Tim Green / Stef Puszka
30-34: Daniel Willis / Jo Ellis
35-39: Brett Verity / Emma Winterflood
40-44: Ben Schwarz / Tara Worby
45-49: Ron Griep / Helen Bretten
50-54: Rob Weatherald / Julie Boyd
55-59: Brian Gallagher / Vicki Woodrow
60-64: Graeme Parsons / Monica Stewart
65-69: Ian Currie
70-74: Peter Smith
2. Ironman 70.3 Texas, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Richie Cunningham 3.48.24 Female: Emma-Kate Lidbury 4.13.52
3. TQ Sprint Championships, 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Male: Daniel Coleman 1.00.08 Female: Gillian Backhouse 1.04.19
Saturday 20 April 2013
Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club Championships
1km swim, 30km bike, 8km run
(Short option: 500m swim, 15km bike, 4km run)
Online registration now open here. Entry closes midday Friday 19 April or earlier if maximum numbers reached.
Race Director: Shaye Hatty
Registration: Renae McGarvie / Monique Eliseo
Timekeeping: Carlee Mark / Clare Labowitch
Fruit / Ice: Nic Hoey
1. This is a Saturday afternoon event at Lake Bennett Resort (80km south of Darwin) and is the must do event on our club calendar! You haven't "tri'd" until you have experienced Lake B!
2. So that we know how many racks, equipment etc our volunteers need to transport down to Lake Bennett on race day, DTC committee have again decided that entry for this event will be online.
3. Please assist organisers by entering early.
1. Have all uniform expect the tri pants back. Will let those of you with orders know collection details as soon as they arrive.
FOR SALE / WANTED:
1. FOR SALE: ORBEA Onix 2011 model, full carbon frame - size 57 (suits taller rider), shimano 105 groupset, new ultegra 11-23 cassette and ultegra chain, fizik antares saddle, mavic aksium race wheelset. Bike well maintained and regularly serviced. $1500 ono. Contact Monique 0405 586 817
2. FOR SALE: Set of Fulcrum racing one, 2 way fit wheels, beautiful 1450 g alloy set. As new, only ridden for a couple of months, can't really justify having such a nice set of wheels to train on, would be great for someone wanting one set of wheels to train and race on. Come with skewers, warranty and wheel bags. Retail $1700 plus selling $1100, all offers considered. Contact Rowan 0400 138 505
3. WANTED: To buy, rent or borrow, a kayak suitable for training and racing in at the Katherine Ultra Challenge (4 August). Contact Billy: 0410 330 177
4. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please
1. Anthony Beven is hobbling around in Italy after posting 3.40.07 in the Milan Marathon. He is not looking forward to the long flight back now.
2. Meanwhile in France, John Thyne recorded 4.11.17 in the Paris Marathon. He has a well deserved holiday to look forward to.
3. What a waste of perfectly good marathons! They should have a swim and bike before them J Seriously, well done to both.
4. Great to have Triathlon Australia president David Ferrier in the field yesterday and enjoying triathlon in our unique laid back Territory style.
5. The race caps and visors received by competitors yesterday got rave reviews. They are so good it’s probably an idea to put your name on yours.
6. New dad Damien Brown was spotted on the Sunset Cove roundabout watching the action yesterday.
7. Also looking on longingly, was a certain triathlete turned runner. Looks like he may be contemplating a tri comeback.
8. Saw former treasurer Hans Bormann among the spectators as well.
9. The stork will be busy again this week. Watch for details.
10. We farewell Derek Cross this week. He heads west and will be missed at the pointy end of the field.
11. Date Claimer: please note tentative arrangements are being made to hold Darwin Triathlon Club Presentation Night Dinner on Saturday 10 August 2013
12. Congratulations to all competitors in the Ray White Darwin NT Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships. It was the cleanest, fairest competition seen in a long time.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
… you have already got your entry in for Lake Bennett in a fortnight.
Darwin Triathlon Club