The BoM has promised we will have some long awaited dry season weather for the weekend which is good news for those doing the Open Water Tri at Casuarina Beach.
The committee has decided to offer a run, bike, run option as well on Sunday, check the attached map for details on how that will work. The cycle course will be the usual laps up to Tambling Terrace roundabout.
1. North Face 100
Male: Brendan Davies 9.16.12 Female: Beth Cardelli 11.01.08
Jason Jones 268th M Open 16.50.16
Shaye Hatty 72nd F Open 18.46.22
2. North Face 50
Vlad Shatrov 4.15.21 Female: Kylie Murray 5.19.50
Shoanne Labowitch 43rd F Open 7.25.42
Kirrily Jones 73rd F Open 8.06.48
Clare Labowitch 10th VetF 10.52.55
Sunday 26 May 2013
Open Water Triathlon
7.30am (registration closes 7.15am sharp)
500m swim, 15km bike, 4km run
New option: 1.5km run, 15km bike, 4km run
Race Director: Glen Scholz
Registration: Lisa Heames / Ron Griep
Timekeeping: Ron Griep / Chloe Kay
Fruit / Ice: Jacqui Brown
1. In line with our previous other club open water triathlons, TA rule compliant wetsuits will be allowed for this event.
2. New option has been added. Pointscore points awarded on scheduled swim, bike, run event. Participation point for run, bike, run option.
3. Map attached shows 500m swim in blue, 1.5km run option in green and 4km run in yellow.
PRESENTATION NIGHT DINNER:
1. Our social event of the year is coming up. We know how busy we all are at this time of year, so please assist our volunteers and purchase your ticket now to ensure you are in.
Saturday 10 August 2013
Nightcliff Sports Club
Tickets now available online here.
FOR SALE, WANTED ETC:
1. LOST: During the Olympic distance tri, a singlet at start of the run, left on the grass on the corner of bike turn around. It was a Ron Hill singlet, grey with yellow trim. Belongs to Rose Stephens if anyone has found it.
2. FOR SALE: newish [excellent condition] Cervelo P3 . The bike has done very few k’s and has the following - Zipp 808 tubulars, Pro Missile bars, Sram Red  components and is a size 54cm. Hoping it could go to a good home as it’s been very well looked after and maintained. $4500 ono. Contact Darren 0417 847 092
3. FOR SALE: 2007 Trek 1500 WSD, XS frame, suit rider <163cm, Aluminum Frame, Carbon Forks & Seat post, Ultegra Gears, Chain set & Brakes, 105 Shifters & Pedals, Bontrager Select Wheels, Gatorskin Tyres, bike computer & cages included, In good condition, $500 Contact Asha 0437 810717
4. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. New member Tahnee Coonan did her first full triathlon out at Jabiru at the weekend and won the women’s division.
2. Disappointment for Dave McLeod and Angelika Hannon at North Face 100 with dnfs, but both got to the 54km mark before calling it a day. That’s a mighty effort in anyone’s language.
3. Some of our members were spotted training at Lake Bennett at the weekend. They included some from Katherine who have “Katherine mob” gear to wear at Ironman Cairns. Looks good, they will be easy to spot as will DTC members wearing our very distinctive colours.
4. Good luck to John Arrigo and Corinne Fabian who head for Europe later this week to compete in the 2013 ITU Long Distance Triathlon World Championships in France. Wish them luck before they go over to join the TA Age Group team.
5. Looking forward to Ironman Australia with breakfast tomorrow. IM OZ will be on OneHD tomorrow at 8am and repeated again on the weekend. Check local TV guides.
6. No stopping Javier Gomez who has now added a half iron distance win to his list of achievements.
7. Seems half iron distance is now the new “short” race.
8. Moira Wigley is happy to do the swim for a team on Sunday. Anyone want to ride, run?
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
... you finally find a gel flavour you look forward to consuming
... your running and cycling shoes live under the fan
... you think of two or three races as being a big year (those ironpersons can relate to this one)
Darwin Triathlon Club