I’m certain there will be some tired bods around this morning after another hectic dry season weekend. Lots of swim, bike & run training was happening out there as well as a zillion other activities including the annual Beer Can Regatta.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend whatever you managed to cram in J
There are a number of reminders & links included today so please take the time to read this edition from top to bottom.
1. Don’t forget to join or renew before Sunday - our first event on our new calendar.
2. You can join or renew online here now.
1. We will shortly be rolling out our new timing system.
2. Early Bird Special: Renew your membership or join prior to 18 August 2013 and your new timing chip is free.
3. After 18 August, members will be required to purchase chip for $15.00
ROSTER VOLUNTEERS URGENTLY NEEDED:
1. We are now seeking to fill the roster positions for the first six months of our 2013/2014 events.
2. Please check the events listed on our website and email here with the date and position you wish to nominate for.
3. If all members help out just once a year our events will all be covered.
4. We have always enjoyed a fantastic volunteer culture among our members, we hope to maintain this so that we can continue to bring you an awesome season of events for the cheapest cost possible.
5. We look forward to being inundated with emails J
1. Ironman European Championships, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Eneko Llanos 7.59.58 Female: Camilla Pedersen 8.56.01
2. Ironman 70.3 Haugesund, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Filip Ospaly 3.46.10 Female: Lisa Huetthaler 4.12.11
3. Gold Coast Marathon 42km
Male: Yuki Kawauchi 2.10.01 Female: Yukiko Akaba 2.27.15
4. Gold Coast Half Marathon, 21km
Male: Martin Dent 1.03.56 Female: Nikki Chapple 1.11.00
Lee Wilson 34th M40-44 1.25.55
Sunday 14 July 2013
7.30am (registration closes 7.15am)
750m swim, 26km bike, 5km run
(short option 300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run)
Race Director: Renee de Jong
Registration: Lexi Innes / Bill Piper
Timekeeping: Lexi Innes / Bill Piper
Fruit / Ice: Emma & Jason Cook
1. If you renew your membership after 5pm Friday you may not be on our list so please bring a copy of your registration receipt to registration.
2. This is a non-drafting event.
3. Roads are open. Road rules must be obeyed including stopping for RED lights at Fannie Bay.
4. For the benefit of our newer members a copy of the most common Race Competition Rules is attached.
5. We also recommend experienced members take the time to read to refresh their memory. Some rule interpretations have changed.
1. Our annual Presentation Night Dinner takes place at Nightcliff Sports Club on Saturday 10 August 2013 @ 6.30pm. Tickets are available online here.
2. Lucky draw prizes on night. Be there to win!
3. Please assist our volunteers by purchasing your tickets asap.
MEMBER SERVICES DIRECTORY:
1. Thanks to those members already signed up for our recently launched Member Services Directory. We also have a couple in the wings just waiting for confirmation of m’ship renewal.
2. Current 2013/2014 members can sign up here to advertise until 31 Dec 13.
3. Don’t forget to also email a copy of your logo jpeg if you have one.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Zipp Zed Tech 404 wheel set. 2009 model, ceramic bearings, dimpled hubs, pink stickers, Aerozine skewers, SRAM red cassette (also Shimano compatible), near new Continental GP4000 tyres and a new pre glued spare, Zipp padded double wheel bag. All in excellent condition. $1500. Contact Bec 0408 878 689
2. FOR SALE: Scicon bike case. In good condition, no cracks or damage to actual case. One buckle needs refitting (just needs a couple of screws) but works fine without it. Used regularly for about 5 years without a problem. Suits road bikes, most TT bikes and 26" MTB's. $150. Contact Bec on 0408 878 689
3. FOR SALE: Cervelo P3 time trial Bike 48cm ; Would suit a smaller rider/junior around 160-170cm; Alloy frame with Carbon fork and wheel set; Very good condition with brand NEW Shimano 105 components, just been serviced. NEW cables, saddle and Vision tri handlebars ready for sale. GP4000 Tyres and Carbon Synergy Wheelset 650cc included. $1990 Contact Tom 0400 644 878
4. FOR SALE: 2011 Giant TCR Advanced 2. Full Advanced Carbon. Shimano 105 10 speed. Small frame. White/Black/Silver. Regularly serviced & well maintained. Price new $2599. Priced to sell at $1,500. Contact Korgan 0418 890 022
5. FOR SALE: BIKES for sale. 2 x Max Lelli time trial bikes, full carbon & quality group sets (Dura Ace, FSA); one 58cm, the other 52cm. $800 each, or both for $1,500. Contact Stu 0418 437 075
6. FOR SALE: Race wheels. Campagnolo Neutron tubular race wheels - very light - beautifully engineered wheel for hilly/windy races. Takes Campagnolo cluster. Includes Continental tubulars Tempo 19 front, and Competition rear. $350 for the lot. Ring Stu 0418 437 075.
7. FOR SALE: 2012 Shimano Dura Ace C50 Wheels. Fast Aero 50mm carbon clincher race wheels. Price new $1800. Selling for $1000. Contact Korgan 0418 890 022
8. FOR SALE: Hayden fibre glass surf ski in excellent condition. Comes with Carbon Fibre Hammer paddle and Polar Roof Rails with surf ski attachments for your vehicle. $800 ono.
Contact Steve 0407 865 011
9. FOR SALE: Giant TCR fitted with Shimano gear set, and a Fi'zik seat. 4 years old and has been kept in fantastic condition. Small Asking price: $1390 Contact Carmel 0417 764 407
10. FOR SALE: Wetsuit for sale - New with tags, women's medium orca S4 long sleeve. RRP $249, sell for $150. Check Orca website for a photo & more details Contact Kylie 0407 942 066
11. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
1. Finlay’s NT Long Course Triathlon will take place on 25 August 2013. Entry now open here. If you want the tshirt get your entry in fast, numbers are limited.
2. Kylie Sheffield (Club President 1999/2000) is back in town for a visit (and to thaw out).
3. Seems to be a lot more broken glass around for some reason. Eyes peeled.
4. On Twitter? Follow @darwintriclub now.
5. Fancy a crack at finding out where you sit in your age category nationally? Check out the championship dates of the various formats here.
6. Those with their sights set on making the TA Age Group Team for Worlds next year can start here at home for Long Distance and Sprint. Finlay’s NT Long Course (August 2013) and Race 3 of our Sprint Series (Ray White NT Sprint) next April are selection points events and competing in those can give you a kick start to making the team.
7. Our reps in the Oz Age Group Sprint Distance team for London in September are getting excited as the event draws closer. Bianca May, Monica Stewart, Karen Lewis and Helen Bretten are among those donning the green & gold.
8. Don’t forget to give us the heads up if you are competing in an event somewhere. We like to encourage our members wherever they are competing.
9. Shout out to Raz de Jongh who has been officiating at a number of high profile events (including ITU Holten) in the Netherlands. Raz will return with a wealth of technical experience under her belt which will no doubt benefit our club.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN ...
… at your first attempt, you find yourself thinking that putting on a wetsuit is the fourth stage of a tri.
Darwin Triathlon Club