We had perfect conditions for yesterday’s event at Lake Alexander and we had a great turnout of participants, volunteers and spectators.
A huge welcome to all those who competed with us for the first time yesterday, great to have you join us.
Thanks to Renee de Jong for her efforts as Race Director on the day. Renee (who has just resigned as our Secretary) leaves for an extended overseas adventure at the end of the week and as if she wasn’t busy enough, stepped in to RD at her farewell event. Thanks heaps Renee we will miss you!
A huge thank you also to all the volunteers who assisted Renee, we really appreciate our volunteers and couldn’t do it without their willingness to help on race days!
Reminder: Members - For your chance to win a $50 Good Guys voucher, make sure you have purchased your Presentation Night function (Sat 10 Aug) tickets by this Friday.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
1. The Annual General Meeting of Darwin Triathlon Club will take place at 7am on Sunday 18 August 2013 at Lake Alexander prior to our scheduled event.
2. To facilitate this meeting registration will close at 6.55am on that date.
3. Any members interested in being elected to the committee for 2013/2014 are encouraged to speak to a current committee member or to email here.
PRSENTATION NIGHT DINNER
1. Tickets on sale here for our social event of the year, 10 August 2013 at Nightcliff Sports Club 6.30pm
2. All members who have purchased their tickets by this Friday 19 July 2013 will be in draw to win a $50 gift voucher courtesy The Good Guys Darwin. Drawn on the night.
1. Triathlon, Lake Alexander 750m swim, 26km bike, 5km run
Male: Tim Green 1.06.25 Female: Michelle Gailey 1.14.03
Full results posted to website.
2. Triathlon, Lake Alexander (short option) 300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Male: Joseph White 39.16 Female: Amy Pallentine 45.29
Full results posted to website.
3. Challenge Roth, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Dirk Bockel 7.52.01 Female: Caroline Steffen 8.40.35
4. Ironman 70.3 Vineman, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Bevan Docherty 3.45.10 Female: Meredith Kessler 4.13.18
Sunday 28 July 2013
Open Water Triathlon
(duathlon option 2/15/5)
Race Director: Tim & Bec Ellison
Registration: Heath Porter / Pam Cameron
Timekeeping: Jac Crofton / Nic French
Fruit / Ice: Volunteer Required
Note: Wetsuits, stinger suits permitted for this event only.
FOR SALE / WANTED:
1. FOR SALE: BMC SLX 01 (2009 purchased new in May 2010) – Great Condition – Ultegra 6700 shifters, dura ace chain and cables (ultegra throughout). Frame as used by George Hincapie for Tour de France. Retail over $5,000 – selling for $1650 – Size medium – suit people 172 – 179 cm. Contract Anthony 0418 895 072
2. WANTED: To purchase - a strap on 4-bike carrier for a Hyundai hatch. I do not have a tow bar. Contact Leonie 8988 4692
3. FOR SALE: Zipp Zed Tech 404 wheel set. 2009 model, ceramic bearings, dimpled hubs, pink stickers, Aerozine skewers, SRAM red cassette (also Shimano compatible), near new Continental GP4000 tyres and a new pre glued spare, Zipp padded double wheel bag. All in excellent condition. $1500. Contact Bec 0408 878 689
4. FOR SALE: Scicon bike case. In good condition, no cracks or damage to actual case. One buckle needs refitting (just needs a couple of screws) but works fine without it. Used regularly for about 5 years without a problem. Suits road bikes, most TT bikes and 26" MTB's. $150. Contact Bec on 0408 878 689
5. FOR SALE: Cervelo P3 time trial Bike 48cm ; Would suit a smaller rider/junior around 160-170cm; Alloy frame with Carbon fork and wheel set; Very good condition with brand NEW Shimano 105 components, just been serviced. NEW cables, saddle and Vision tri handlebars ready for sale. GP4000 Tyres and Carbon Synergy Wheelset 650cc included. $1990 Contact Tom 0400 644 878
6. FOR SALE: 2011 Giant TCR Advanced 2. Full Advanced Carbon. Shimano 105 10 speed. Small frame. White/Black/Silver. Regularly serviced & well maintained. Price new $2599. Priced to sell at $1,500. Contact Korgan 0418 890 022
7. FOR SALE: BIKES for sale. 2 x Max Lelli time trial bikes, full carbon & quality group sets (Dura Ace, FSA); one 58cm, the other 52cm. $800 each, or both for $1,500. Contact Stu 0418 437 075
8. FOR SALE: Race wheels. Campagnolo Neutron tubular race wheels - very light - beautifully engineered wheel for hilly/windy races. Takes Campagnolo cluster. Includes Continental tubulars Tempo 19 front, and Competition rear. $350 for the lot. Ring Stu 0418 437 075.
9. FOR SALE: 2012 Shimano Dura Ace C50 Wheels. Fast Aero 50mm carbon clincher race wheels. Price new $1800. Selling for $1000. Contact Korgan 0418 890 022
10. FOR SALE: Hayden fibre glass surf ski in excellent condition. Comes with Carbon Fibre Hammer paddle and Polar Roof Rails with surf ski attachments for your vehicle. $800 ono.
Contact Steve 0407 865 011
11. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
1. Special mention & thanks to Anthony Newlove who comes down to support his wife but who again stepped in to assist at our event yesterday. Anthony is developing a very good understanding of triathlon from the outside. We also hope that one day we may see him on the “other” side tri-ing.
2. Recently caught up with a number of former members who are back for a visit including Brian Bennett, Kylie & Paul Sheffield and Pete Brady. They say hi to all those they didn’t get a chance to catch up with. DTC holds a special place in their hearts and E News helps keep them in touch with Top End tri news.
3. Your committee is on the lookout for someone (or three) who would be interested in assisting with results production with our new timing system. If that sounds like you, please email here and we will put you in touch with appropriate committee member. If you know someone outside the club who is looking for a new hobby, please pass on details.
4. You will have spotted the AGM notice above. We have a number of people to replace this year so if you have a desire to contribute to our club & have thought about being on our committee, please email here and we will be in touch.
5. Who was spotted swiping a piece of watermelon to eat on the run yesterday and there’s photographic proof?!
6. We had a few people inspired to “go faster” after being stopped at the traffic lights more than once yesterday. The majority of our members understand the need to obey all road rules at our events when roads are open. Unfortunately we still have the odd person who runs a RED. Not a good idea as not only is it dangerous, can bring our club into disrepute.
7. Most of our regulars have renewed their membership for 2013/2014. If not, you can do so here.
8. We have been made aware that a glitch in the Active system that takes registration resulted in a family membership error. Those few persons concerned will be contacted direct by Active. The error is being rectified.
9. Reminder that online registration for Finlay’s NT Long Course (25 Aug) is also open.
10. If you haven’t already checked it out or would like to know how to advertise, have a look at our new Member Services Directory.
11. We are awarding Rosie Sullivan and Nikki Roddie 5 pointscore points for yesterday. Both women were involved in assisting the member of the public who collapsed on the run course near Pee Wees yesterday & we think it only fair that they aren’t disadvantaged. Nikki is showing as a dnf in our results. Rosie recorded a time because she eventually ran back to pack up Nikki’s bike and get her car up to her - so she had a chance to be at work by 10am – while she stayed with the person until the ambulance arrived.
12. And last but not least, we are still seeking volunteers to complete our event roster positions up to the end of the year. If you haven’t yet volunteered, please check the calendar here and email your choice of positions. As all positions need to be filled and we ask members to volunteer at least once a season, any remaining vacancies will be filled with member names not already appearing. We encourage you to jump in an nominate on a date that best suits you now!
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
... your inbox is full of tri news bulletins mostly repeating the same news
… you are already thinking of what to wear at Lake Bennett for the long course
… your TT bike means more to you than your car
Darwin Triathlon Club
Photo: Renee our RD yesterday & club secretary is
leaving town. All the best Renee!