That was another awesome weekend in tri paradise with lots happening. Members were out training the house down or just enjoying all the Top End has to offer at this time of year.
Many were in action or helping out at the Darwin Half Marathon yesterday so there will also be some tired bodies this morning!
Speaking of members, if you haven’t yet re-joined (or joined) the best club in Darwin, it’s an easy online process which you can complete here.
Thanks to those who have already completed our Member Survey. It appears lots of you will be extremely happy we are back at Casuarina Beach for an open water triathlon this weekend. Not keen on open water? We are also offering a duathlon option again.
We would like to encourage all of our newer members to attend our Presentation Night Dinner on Sat 10 Aug. It’s a great way to get to know fellow club members … and to see what they look like minus the sweat and lycra!
1. Darwin Half Marathon. 21.1km
Male: Darren Peacock 1.13.40 Female: Lucie Hardiman 1.24.33
Current member results:
Male: 3 Bryan Hopkins 1.20.02; 7 Marcus Lisle 1.21.47; 8 Rowan Beggs-French 1.23.44; 9 Phil Lewis 1.24.03; 10 Steve Goat 1.24.40; 11 Tim Green 1.26.50; 13 David Croser 1.28.45; 14 Jon Clark 1.28.45; 15 Justin Tranter 1.29.39; 16 Jason Cook 1.30.52; 17 Ben Sanders 1.30.53; 20 Heath Porter 1.31.53; 30 Pieter Jordaan 1.37.18; 33 James Jeffress 1.38.26; 35 Karl Andriske 1.38.55; 36 Russell Peacock 1.40.16; 44 John Thyne 1.43.38; 52 Tass Liveris 1.47.12; 62 Phil Blumberg 1.50.14; 63 Tony Burns 1.50.19
Female: 2 Stef Puszka 1.29.03; 3 Jac Crofton 1.29.38; 4 Ali Fitch 1.33.59; 10 Pam Cameron 1.43.53; 11 Ali Croser 1.44.25; 12 Belinda Birk 1.44.56; 14 Elizabeth Mackie 1.46.37; 15 Asha Mahasuria 1.47.31; 17 Peta Jeggo 1.47.57; 18 Rosie Sullivan 1.47.58; 23 Melanie Thomas 1.48.21; 28 Emma Cook 1.50.39; 29 Lisa Heames 1.50.41; 30 Emily Heames 1.51.04; 32 Jana Van Voorthuizen 1.51.50; 33 Kate Richardson 1.52.07; 39 Corinne Fabian 1.56.24; 40 Rose Stephens 1.56.55; 57 Leanne Abel 2.06.08; 59 Tori Sherrock 2.06.21; 97 Cath Meng 2.34.13
2. Ironman 70.3 Lake Stevens, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Craig Alexander 3.55.23 Female: Meredith Kessler 4.18.05
3. Ironman 70.3 Racine, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Martin Jensen 3.47.05 Female: Angela Naeth 4.15.00
Sunday 28 July 2013
Open Water Triathlon
(duathlon option 2/15/5)
Race Director: Tim & Bec Ellison
Registration: Heath Porter / Pam Cameron
Timekeeping: Jac Crofton / Nic French
Fruit / Ice: Vicki Woodrow
1. Wetsuits, stinger suits permitted for this event only.
2. All our events are non-drafting. See our Facebook post re drafting rules.
1. Have you completed the Member Survey yet? To help our committee & volunteers deliver the events our members enjoy, we ask that you complete the following survey:
2. Responses by Friday would be appreciated, but why wait? Do it now, only takes a minute!
PRSENTATION NIGHT DINNER
1. Tickets on sale here for our Dinner, 10 August 2013 at Nightcliff Sports Club 6.30pm
2. All members who purchased their tickets by last Friday will be in draw to win a $50 gift voucher courtesy The Good Guys Darwin.
3. We will also have more lucky draws available on the night.
4. To assist the volunteers working on this function we encourage you to get your tickets here now.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: EVA bike pod (semi hard case). Good condition, hardly used. $50. Contact Gerard 0431 367 044
2. FOR SALE: Bike 50cm Giant that has been fitted with Shimano gear set, and a Fi'zik seat. It is about 4 years old and has been kept in fantastic condition. Asking price: $800 ono Contact Carmel
0417 764 407
3. FOR SALE: BMC SLX 01 (2009 purchased new in May 2010) – Great Condition – Ultegra 6700 shifters, dura ace chain and cables (ultegra throughout). Frame as used by George Hincapie for Tour de France. Retail over $5,000 – selling for $1650 – Size medium – suit people 172 – 179 cm. Contract Anthony 0418 895 072
4. FOR SALE: Zipp Zed Tech 404 wheel set. 2009 model, ceramic bearings, dimpled hubs, pink stickers, Aerozine skewers, SRAM red cassette (also Shimano compatible), near new Continental GP4000 tyres and a new pre glued spare, Zipp padded double wheel bag. All in excellent condition. $1500. Contact Bec 0408 878 689
5. FOR SALE: Cervelo P3 time trial Bike 48cm ; Would suit a smaller rider/junior around 160-170cm; Alloy frame with Carbon fork and wheel set; Very good condition with brand NEW Shimano 105 components, just been serviced. NEW cables, saddle and Vision tri handlebars ready for sale. GP4000 Tyres and Carbon Synergy Wheelset 650cc included. $1990 Contact Tom 0400 644 878
6. FOR SALE: 2011 Giant TCR Advanced 2. Full Advanced Carbon. Shimano 105 10 speed. Small frame. White/Black/Silver. Regularly serviced & well maintained. Price new $2599. Priced to sell at $1,500. Contact Korgan 0418 890 022
7. FOR SALE: BIKES for sale. 2 x Max Lelli time trial bikes, full carbon & quality group sets (Dura Ace, FSA); one 58cm, the other 52cm. $800 each, or both for $1,500. Contact Stu 0418 437 075
8. FOR SALE: Race wheels. Campagnolo Neutron tubular race wheels - very light - beautifully engineered wheel for hilly/windy races. Takes Campagnolo cluster. Includes Continental tubulars Tempo 19 front, and Competition rear. $350 for the lot. Ring Stu 0418 437 075.
9. FOR SALE: 2012 Shimano Dura Ace C50 Wheels. Fast Aero 50mm carbon clincher race wheels. Price new $1800. Selling for $1000. Contact Korgan 0418 890 022
10. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
1. Shout out to Hollie Goodall who was injured over the weekend in a mishap with a horse. We wish Hollie a speedy recovery.
2. Can you spot yourself in this background photo?
3. Many of our members were looking in great shape at Ladies Day.
4. Want to advertise on our DTC website? Members can feature their business/enterprise on our Member Services Directory page.
5. A number of our members are in training for the Katherine Ultra Challenge. Billy Lynch has been spotted out paddling. Anyone else doing individual or team? Registration closes Monday 29 July 2013.
6. The Gran Fondo is looming and judging by the numbers out cycling, is going to be bigger & better this year.
7. And of course, the highlight of the triathlon year, our very own Finlay’s NT Long Course Triathlon takes place on 25 August 2013.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
… you can polish off a box of Cadbury’s Roses in one sitting
… you think Gatorade powder on ice cream tastes good
… you already have your tickets for the annual club dinner!
Darwin Triathlon Club