We scored brilliant dry season conditions for our Open Water Triathlon (& du option) at Casuarina Beach yesterday. With so much happening at this time of year, fifty five participants was a great turnout, and we had a number of new members taking part for the first time.
Our thanks to RD’s Tim and Bec Ellison who set the course, shaking up the early morning grey cells with a few changes on the last event at that location. We all act on auto pilot apparently but eventually all were herded to the correct start point and the event got underway, accompanied by the surf lifesaving crew. From all reports, the swim was awesome!
Thanks also go to all our wonderful volunteers who did rego, timing, marshalling & fruit/ice as well as those that helped set up and pack away. Special thanks to the Cooks, who stepped in to tow the trailer when we put out an urgent call for someone to tow the trailer. Without them coming forward, we were looking like having to scale back to a swim, run event.
1. Open Water Triathlon, Casuarina Beach, 700m swim, 15km bike, 5km run
Male: Brett Verity 53.55 Female: Belinda Birk 1.05.13
Full results here.
Duathlon option, 2km run, 15km bike, 5km run
Male: Michael Varga 54.37 Female: Julia Camporeale 1.13.11
Full results here.
2. Ironman Switzerland, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Ronnie Schildknecht 8.33.39 Female: Anja Beranek 9.21.31
3. Ironman Lake Placid, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Andy Potts 8.43.29 Female: Jennie Hansen 9.35.06
4. Ironman 70.3 Lake Placid, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Tim Don 3.42.21 Female: Heather Wurtele 4.11.42
5. Challenge Vitoria, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Pedro Gomes 8.38.36 Female: Ana Casareo 9.52.39
Saturday 10 August 2013
Presentation Night Dinner
Nightcliff Sports Club
1. Tickets on sale here now & we encourage you to assist the volunteers organising this function and get your tickets now.
2. This is our social event of the year and a great opportunity to find out what fellow members look like when they aren’t dressed in lycra and sweating profusely!
3. Numbers are required for catering & seating by end of week.
4. Lucky door prizes to be won on the night.
1. We are currently seeking volunteers to fill the rolls of Race Director, Registration x 2, Timekeeping x 2 & Fruit/Ice at our events up until the end of this year.
2. A number of “how to” guides are located at the bottom of the Events Page on our website. We encourage you to have a look at what is required of the various rolls and then commit to an event.
3. There is an expectation that all our members will be on roster at least once each year so we hope to see your name soon.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Giant TCR Advanced SL1 2012 Small, Full Dura Ace, Carbon cages, Speedplay pedals, Bontrager women's seat, in excellent condition, only ridden a few times since last service. Suit rider about 163-173cm tall. $2950. Contact Bec 0408 878 689
2. FOR SALE: Hayden fibre glass surf ski in excellent condition. Comes with Carbon Fibre Hammer paddle and Polar Roof Rails with surf ski attachments for your vehicle. $800 ono.
Contact Steve 0407 865 011
3. FOR SALE: Small 2XU elite women's tri suit. Black with 'bathers style' back. Never used, just tried on. Very flattering. The size would suit an 8 or a 10. $90. Contact Bec 0408 878 689
4. FOR SALE: 2 x Liv/Giant black and purple cycling kits. They look really cool and are very comfortable to wear. Worn about 3 times (not perfect but almost brand new condition). Brand is Champion Systems. Small knicks and XS Jerseys. The combination suits a size 8 or small size 10. Let me know if you'd like me to text through a photo. $250 for both kits or $150 for 1 kit ($600 all up brand new). Contact Bec 0408 878 689
5. FOR SALE: Cervelo P3 time trial Bike 48cm ; Would suit a smaller rider/junior around 160-170cm; Alloy frame with Carbon fork and wheel set; Very good condition with brand NEW Shimano 105 components, just been serviced. NEW cables, saddle and Vision tri handlebars ready for sale. GP4000 Tyres and Carbon Synergy Wheelset 650cc included. $1990 Contact Tom 0400 644 878
6. FOR SALE: Zipp Zed Tech 404 wheel set. 2009 model, ceramic bearings, dimpled hubs, pink stickers, Aerozine skewers, SRAM red cassette (also Shimano compatible), near new Continental GP4000 tyres and a new pre glued spare, Zipp padded double wheel bag. All in excellent condition. $1500. Contact Bec 0408 878 689
1. Good to catch up, albeit briefly, with former committee member Geoff Cruickshank yesterday. Welcome back Geoff, hope to see you tri-ing again soon.
2. One for those interested in engineering & bike speed - check this video out. Warning it is about 9 mins long so you may want to watch this at home!
3. We have decided on our Dag of the Year award winner! We had some interesting nominations. Will it be you? All will be revealed at Presentation Night Dinner.
4. The IM Kona pro points ranking is experiencing a bit of a traffic jam at the pointy end. Early points qualifiers get the nod this week. A recent quick check showed 576 males with points and 305 females.
5. Monica Stewart, Bianca May, Melanie Thomas and Karen Lewis are getting closer to their London departures and were all in action at the Open Water Tri. Looking good girls!
6. Good luck & good weather wishes to Grant Preddy and Rowena Eastick who are heading overseas for IM 70.3 Philippines this weekend.
7. Apologies to those who found our Member Survey link featured in last E News was closed. It maxed out at 100 responses. If you didn’t get your preferences in them, you can now do so here until tomorrow.
8. On surveys, members would also have received a invite to participate in Triathlon Australia’s member survey. Check your inbox.
Darwin Triathlon Club