It’s been busy, busy this week for committee members.
We have had our Presentation Night to arrange and we are in for a great night - President Phill Hatty is looking forward to welcoming those attending our dinner.
Your committee has also conducted a Special Meeting to address the very important issue of event sanctioning. We need to ensure all our events are covered and this may mean a few minor changes to our calendar so that course documentation can be standardised. Our thanks to Steve Goat and John Arrigo who are crossing “Ts” and dotting “I’s” for our next block of events.
Speaking of our calendar, we are still missing some volunteers in upcoming events & want to particularly encourage those who have a couple of years tri experience under their belt, to step up and take on a Race Director role. We can provide mentoring if you need.
1. Katherine Ultra Challenge
Individual members (please note official results not yet available apologies to any members missed)
1st solo, 1st male open, Silver finishing time - Jason Cook – 6.41.35
2nd solo, 1st male masters, Gold finishing time - Tony Cox – 6.58.18
3rd solo, 2nd male open, - Peter Novak – 7.04.42
4th solo, 3rd male open, - Billy Lynch – 7.13.55
1st 4-6 Open team - Team Ellison – 6.07.47. Tim also had fastest cross country run and kayak
2nd overall, 2nd 4-6 open team - The Ring-Ins – 6.33.21 - with John Thyne swimming a very fast 3.2 km in the gorge
3rd overall, 1st 2-3 open team - Tyred and Cranky - Brian Gallagher, Bill Pettit and Ron Griep – 6.40.46
Also competing and finishing:
One more time - Robbie Weatherald and Bill Piper – 8.01.49
Team Tiger - Tony Burns, Amy Brady and Peter Brady – 8.16.53
Saturday 10 August 2013
Presentation Night Dinner
Nightcliff Sports Club
1. Please allow a few extra minutes to be signed in as you enter the Nightcliff Sports Club.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Orca Sonar Ladies Wetsuit size Extra Small. Suit is in good condition and has been worn in maybe 4 or 5 races. Would suit a smaller lady or an older junior. $100. Contact Nic on 0438 893 115
2. FOR SALE: BIKES for sale. 2 x Max Lelli time trial bikes, full carbon & quality group sets (Dura Ace, FSA); one 58cm, the other 52cm. $800 each, or both for $1,500. Contact Stu 0418 437 075
3. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
AMART COMMUNITY KICKBACK SCHEME:
1. Darwin Triathlon Club recently signed up for AMart Sports’ Community Kick Back scheme.
2. Members can fill out a simple form in store or at our next event. Please request that your card is linked to Darwin Triathlon Club.
3. 5% of any purchases made by members will go to our club and we will also be listed on their club contact board in store.
1. The scramble is on for the last few pro spots for Kona 2013.
2. President Triathlon NT Phil Blumberg has suggested that those who have rooms booked at Lake Bennett Resort for Finlay’s NT Long Course, should ring the resort to confirm their booking & mention that they are with triathlon.
3. Don’t tell Ron Griep in case it goes to his head, but the Dutch have cycling nailed. Read about it here.
4. Good luck to our members participating in the Gran Fondo on Sunday.
5. We have door prizes to draw on Saturday night at our dinner. Members will be in the running for a number of items including vouchers from Cycle Zone, The Good Guys, Massage4Life and Gallery26.
6. Thanks also to Super Sprint and Amart who have provided prizes for some of our awards.
7. Committee member Tony Cox is nursing a broken hand/wrist as a result of his gold medal time & Ultra Challenge adventures. We wish Tony a speedy recovery.
8. Reminder: Entry for Finlay’s NT Long Course Triathlon Championships closes 21 August. Not up for individual? Team options for 2 and 3 person teams are available.
9. We have had a post on our Facebook page that Alice Springs Triathlon Club will be running a half iron distance event in April 2014.
10. NT Duathlon Championships take place at Simpson’s Gap, Alice Springs on 1 September 2013 - 5km run, 20km bike, 2.5km run (a short option is also available).
11. Not going to our dinner? Watch this space on Monday to find out who gets awarded the Dag of the Year for 2012/2013!
Darwin Triathlon Club