Hope all our tri dads had a great day yesterday! Thinking there may be a new bike or two out there!
Triathlon returns to Lake Alexander this weekend where we have a 300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run scheduled. This will be followed by a working bee (trailer & shed) and we hope many of you will be able to stay back and help out.
1. MetaMan Bintan, Indonesia 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Courtney Ogden 8.31.57 Female: Caroline Steffen 9.13.57
2. MetaMan Bintan Half, Indonesia, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: James Hodge 4.20.10 Female: Monica Torres 4.55.35
3. Ironman Japan, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Martin Jensen 8.47.53 Female: Shiao-Yu Li 10.12.42
4. HyVee Triathlon, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Javier Gomez 1.45.57 Female: Emma Moffatt 1.57.04
5. NT Duathlon Championships, Alice Springs, 5km run, 20km bike, 2.5km run
Male: Peter Eason Female: Debbie Page (results not yet posted).
Sunday 8 September 2013
7am (registration closes 6.45am)
300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run
Race Director: Steve Goat
Registration: Lisa Heames / Emily Heames
Timekeeping: Bec Ellison / Tim Ellison
Fruit / Ice: Zoe Dowding
1. Please read race rules before competing on Sunday.
2. Our event takes place on open roads. Competitors must obey all traffic rules including stopping if traffic lights are RED.
3. No ipods etc to be used during event.
1. In conjunction with the Surf Club, there will be a working bee following the event on Sunday to clean out the shed and trailer.
2. You are all invited to stay and help out with this necessary task. The more hands available, the quicker it will get done.
CYCLING SURVEY – We need your feedback
1. Committee member Tony Cox will be representing DTC at a proposed stakeholder meeting regarding cyclist safety.
2. If you cycle in the area of Channel Island Road, Stuart Highway, Tiger Brennan Drive & Jenkins Road we ask your assistance by filling out this survey. It is short and will only take a couple of minutes to complete.
3. Your responses will assist Tony to have up to date info regarding member usage when he attends the meeting.
FOR SALE /WANTED:
1. FOR SALE: Giant TCR 'C1'. Size 42cm (XSmall) suit approx 162cm; Ultegra groupset with new chain - just serviced; Mavic Ksyrium Elite 650 wheels; Ironman carbon Stryke Aerobars; Rear bottle holders, speedo & shimano pedals; $1200 ONO Contact Pete 0402 346 194 or Lisa 0411 816 744
2. FOR SALE: Brand new and unused set of alloy road wheels, Bontrager Race with Shimano hubs, black in colour and includes new Bontrager Race skewers and carry bags. $300 the lot. Contact Bertram 0401 114 492
3. FOR SALE: Club caps, visors & assorted other club training gear items. Purchase online here.
4. Items for next E News by 8pm Sunday please.
1. Recently one of our members was driving in peak hour traffic around 5pm. At the Dick Ward Drive/Ross Smith intersection, held by a red light, to his utter disbelief a cyclist on a time trial bike rode straight through the intersection on a red light.....there were cars everywhere. He and other drivers were left shaking their heads.
Besides the law, he would like to remind us that we all have a social responsibility as club members to obey traffic regulations - for safety as well as the club image.
2. Our new President Steve Goat is getting his head around all things tri and the new committee will meet for the first time next week. Our events are always well run (and done) but we’d like to do it better and Steve & committee are busy streamlining the process.
3. We are calling for volunteers, in particular Race Directors, for upcoming events. Please check our calendar here and email if you are able to fill one of the vacant spots. Remaining events for 2013/2014 will be confirmed shortly and added to the calendar.
4. We have members heading off to London for ITU Age Group Worlds (11-15 September 2013). We wish Monica Stewart, Bianca May, Mel Thomas, Karen Lewis & Leonie Heygi all the best in their various events and know they will represent Australia, NT & DTC well while wearing green & gold. Please wish them safe travels and good tri luck if you see them before they jet away.
5. Super Tuesday bike count happens tomorrow. Thanks to those members who registered to participate in the count and have named Darwin Triathlon Club to receive their donation.
6. Getting a number of enquiries regarding a tri suit, tri shorts & tops order. Watch this space. Meanwhile there are a variety of club items available (see For Sale/Wanted section).
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN …
… you consider the debate over drafting one of the most important issues of our time
… you are interested in the km by km recap of the fairly innocuous question…. “So, how was your race?”
… when you regard food as fuel
Darwin Triathlon Club