Apologies, E News is a little later than normal this week.
We make a timely switch to wet season formats with the first of our Splash N Dash events taking place tomorrow evening at the Waterfront. This is a great location and always eagerly anticipated by members. Looking forward to a big turnout for this one.
Please be aware that parking restrictions at the Waterfront precinct apply until late – we would hate any of our members to get a parking ticket.
1. Murray Man Triathlon (Australian Age Group Long Course C'ships), 2km swim, 80km bike, 20km run
Male: David Mainwaring 3.40.52 Female: Lisa Marangon 4.06.21
Tim Green 5th Elite/Open 3.53.52
Steve Goat 5th M30-34 4.15.26
Justin Tranter 6th M25-29 4.27.51
Stef Puszka 8th Elite/Open 4.33.38
Lucy Thompson 5th F30-34 5.20.35
Phil Blumberg 8th M55-59 5.20.40
Daryl Stanley 2nd M65-59 5.23.42
Graeme Parsons 4th M60-64 5.34.24
Nathan Dwyer 29th M35-39 5.36.33
Dionne Walsh 9th F40-44 6.03.00
2. Ironman 70.3 Mandurah, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Terenzo Bozonne 3.42.58 Female: Melissa Hauschildt 4.03.45
Stu Fitch 1st M60-64 5.04.43
Jana Van Voorthuizen 6th F18024 5.58.53
Jana Van Voorthuizen 6th F18024 5.58.53
Corinne Fabian 4th F55-59 6.01.13
Cath Meng dnf
Friday 15 November 2013
Splash N Dash
200m swim, 2km run x 3
Race Director: Russell Peacock
Registration: Louise Ogden | Graeme Parsons
Timekeeping: Monica Stewart | Christine Friebel
Fruit | Ice: Tori Sherrock
1. Next event for junior members will take place on Sunday 17 November 2013 at the Waterfront.
2. Registration closes 7.15am for a 7.30 start.
3. Swim / run – distances to suit ages 5+
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. WANTED: House Sitter January for comfortable elevated in Tri training Nirvana - Rapid Creek from 2nd to 28th Jan. House has pool, air con and lots of bike space, 3 minutes run to the Nightcliff foreshore and Pool, comes complete with energetic training partner with 4 legs bushy tail and long tongue. Also 3 erratic protein dispensers (feathered variety) and cyclone food supply in the shape of 3 hamsters. Contact Simon 0401 118 360
2. FOR SALE: 1 x pair men's Asics DS Trainer US 7.5 Euro 40.5. Lightning / Hot Blue / Black in colour and never had a foot in them. Wrongly purchased in a moment of excitement when a web site that sold asics was found. Absolute bargain at $60. Contact Rob 0438 704 224
3. FOR SALE: As good as new condition small/med 2012 Merida Reacto 907. Genuinely only used on the road 5 times, two of which was in competition. This bike is set-up to go. Comes with 105 pedals, 3T aero bars and Garmin 500 GPS with all the trimmings. The bike has all-round Ultegra componentry. Inspection/test ride (on turbo trainer) welcome. Price A$2,500 ono. Contact Kimberlie 0410 558 150
4. Items for next E News by Sunday 9pm please.
1. We have a call out for volunteers to fill roster positions for season 2013/2014. If you haven’t yet put up your hand, please check the calendar here and nominate your preferred date and position by email.
2. Heads up that from January 2014 we will be introducing online registration for all events.
3. Also from January 2014, our event fee will rise to $10 (includes the online service fee). This is the first increase in event fees for almost 15 years.
4. The increase will help offset the rising costs of conducting our events. We are also progressing plans for a new trailer purchase as well as making shed & other equipment improvements.
5. We are currently negotiating to have permanent buoy anchors installed at Lake Alexander.
6. Uniform order delivery is expected over the next few days. Watch for email detailing collection options.
7. Planning for the final event of the year, our annual combined Christmas Splash N Dash are being finalised. Details soon.
1. If you missed on member priority entry for Noosa 2014, general entry opens today.
2. We will again have a number of new members participating for the first time at our Splash N Dash. Please give them a warm welcome and offer assistance if they are looking a little lost.
3. Early birthday present for Stu Fitch who qualified for his 5th Hawaii berth at IM 70.3 Mandurah at the weekend.
4. Former member Derek Cross was first age grouper home at Mandurah. Word is Derek declined his Kona slot.
5. Congrats to Cath Meng on her Mandurah attempt. Unfortunately Cath was a dnf but will take positively from her experience and we won’t be surprised to see her name bob up again on a start list soon.
6. We have a couple of members in the Disaster Response team which departed for the Philippines yesterday. We wish them (and the team) all the best as they undertake their mammoth task of assisting the typhoon survivors.
7. Good luck wishes to Emma Cook at Ironman 70.3 Shepparton this weekend.
8. You know you are a Darwin triathlete when racing interstate, you cover the front of your cycle shoes with electrical tape to keep your toes warm.
Darwin Triathlon Club