Big weekend of tri starting with our Waterfront Splash N Dash on Friday evening and back again at the lagoon on Sunday morning for the juniors who also had an aquathlon format there.
The weather was muggy, but luckily we didn’t have any storms to contend with as has previously been the norm down at the Waterfront.
A huge thank you to RD Russell Peacock & all the other volunteers for their efforts on Friday. The course was well marked & marshalled and everything looked very professional much to the delight of the spectators.
Same again yesterday morning, when junior coordinator Luke Hansen along with John Thyne and Belinda Rowley had the kids worn out but smiling at the end of their events. A big thank you once again to all our fantastic volunteers.
1. Splash N Dash, Waterfront, 200m swim, 2km run x 3
Male: Jason Cook 38.18 Female: Emma Winterflood 43.26
Results not yet available.
2. Ironman 70.3 Shepparton, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Terenzo Bozzone 3.50.00 Female: Rebekah Keat 4.13.04
Emma Cook 44th F35-39 6.24.22
3. Melbourne City2Sea 5km run
Male: Phillip Clarke 18.47 Female: Caitlin Hines 22.24
Bella Hatty 2nd F13-15 23.16
4. Ironman Arizona, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Victor Del Corral 8.02.00 Female: Julia Gajer 8.52.59
Saturday 30 November 2013
Splash N Dash
200m swim, 2km run x 3
Race Director: Stu & Ali Fitch
Registration: Asha Mahasuria | Kate Richardson
Timekeeping: Kate Richardson | Belinda Townend
Fruit | Ice: Belinda Townend
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. WANTED: House Sitter January for comfortable elevated in Tri training Nirvana - Rapid Creek from 2nd to 28th Jan. House has pool, air con and lots of bike space, 3 minutes run to the Nightcliff foreshore and Pool, comes complete with energetic training partner with 4 legs bushy tail and long tongue. Also 3 erratic protein dispensers (feathered variety) and cyclone food supply in the shape of 3 hamsters. Contact Simon 0401 118 360
2. FOR SALE: 1 x pair men's Asics DS Trainer US 7.5 Euro 40.5. Lightning / Hot Blue / Black in colour and never had a foot in them. Wrongly purchased in a moment of excitement when a web site that sold asics was found. Absolute bargain at $60. Contact Rob 0438 704 224
3. FOR SALE: As good as new condition small/med 2012 Merida Reacto 907. Genuinely only used on the road 5 times, two of which was in competition. This bike is set-up to go. Comes with 105 pedals, 3T aero bars and Garmin 500 GPS with all the trimmings. The bike has all-round Ultegra componentry. Inspection/test ride (on turbo trainer) welcome. Price A$2,500 ono. Contact Kimberlie 0410 558 150
4. WANTED: 2nd hand Sleeveless wetsuit, suit small female. Contact Daryl 0448 190 209
5. Items for next E News by Sunday 9pm please.
1. ITU Auckland has a raft of events to suit all ages and levels of experience. If you are looking to head over the ditch early in April it may suit. Further info here. Early bird pricing until end of November.
2. Bali International Triathlon date 22 June 2014.
3. Uniform order just received. Watch for email soon regarding collection.
4. Junior uniform order link will be out soon. So has to get items back prior to Christmas will be asking for orders to be in Friday.
5. Have a great week.
Darwin Triathlon Club