Cyclone warnings aside, do hope you are all enjoying this patch of cooler weather. Great to see many of you out there training regardless. Hearing a lot of you were successful in dodging the rain completely. The BoM radar is a valuable training resource at this time of year!
Are you ready for it? Our splash n dash action returns to the Waterfront – at the very social time of 6pm - on Saturday evening. If you are staying on for a meal at one of the many restaurants or cafes, suggest making a booking would be a good idea. There is always the wharf close by as well.
Our junior tri gear order has been extended until midday today (see details below).
1. Challenge Forster Half, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Tim Reed 3.44.21 Female: Rebecca Hoschke 4.17.23
Nathan Dwyer 69th M35-39 5.42.10
2. Laguna Phuket Triathlon, 1.8km swim, 55km bike, 12km run
Male: Ruedi Wild 2.34.41 Female: Melissa Hauschildt 2.45.24
Saturday 30 November 2013
Splash N Dash
6pm (registration closes 5.45pm)
200m swim, 2km run x 3
Race Director: Stu & Ali Fitch
Registration: Asha Mahasuria | Kate Richardson
Timekeeping: Kate Richardson | Belinda Townend
Fruit | Ice: Belinda Townend
1. Please remember your timing chip. NO CHIP = NO TIME = NO POINTS (other than 1 participation point)
2. Torsos must be covered during the run.
3. Take a look around you before leaving and make sure you have all your gear.
JUNIOR TRI GEAR:
1. We need a few more orders to ensure this goes ahead so online ordering has been extended until 2pm.
2. All details, photos, order and payment can be made here.
EVENTS CALENDAR CHANGES:
1. Due to some unforeseen issues with venues a number of changes have been made to our calendar.
2. This may also impact on events you may have volunteered for.
3. Please check the calendar here as an event you volunteered for may have been rescheduled or may have been deleted.
4. Volunteers are still required for a number of events. Please email your preferred event and roster position here.
5. We look forward to seeing all the positions filled very soon.
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. MOVING SALE: For sale in Darwin until December 5th. Cervelo p2k time trial set up 57cm. 650cc wheels. Profile design Carbon forks - ultegra group set. Red in colour. Comes complete with 6 wheels:
Zipp carbon 840 speed weaponry rear disc, Zipp carbon 400 speed weaponry front deep rim, HED carbon deep front and rear, Mavic Cosmic carbone rear deep rim, Shimano aero head front, Sella Italia seat. Nice bike to ride. Great training bike. Good condition. The wheel sets alone are worth the purchase. Offers and viewing welcome Contact Lib 0422 815 030
2. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. Ironman 70.3 World Champs for 2015 will be heading to Europe. Norway, France, Luxembourg & Austria are the finalists. Watch this space.
2. Congratulations to Glen Scholz & Kylie Gaffel on the announcement of their engagement.
3. Our senior tri gear order is now back. There are still a couple of people yet to respond to email regarding collection options.
4. Date claimer – our combined junior/senior Christmas Splash N Dash Sat 14 Dec 13 will be followed by Xmas Party and we hope many of you will be able to stay on.
5. On a Christmas note, if you are hoping for go faster gear from Santa, now would be a great time to pay a visit to your local bike shop. No point in waiting until the week before finding they have to order in. Don’t be disappointed head on in now.
6. We have a number of members on count down for departure from Darwin. We know they will take a little of Darwin Tri Club with them, and even continue to wear their tri gear at events (.. best ice breaker around) and keep in touch. We love to hear how our former members are doing & their event results and with so many of us travelling interstate/overseas there is a fair chance that we will catch up again sometime soon. All the best to those taking off.
Darwin Triathlon Club