We had fantastic conditions for our Splash N Dash at the Waterfront on Saturday evening.
With a cruise ship for a back drop and dress up Christmas functions in full swing around us, it was the perfect location!
A huge thank you to RDs Stu & Ali Fitch, our equipment officer John Arrigo and the many volunteers who helped stage this event for our members, your assistance was very much appreciated by all who competed.
As if you needed any reminders … the festive season is now well and truly here. Already many of you have donned the Santa gear, reindeer antlers or been jingling away at various Christmas functions and activities. The fun and frivolity continued at the Variety Santa Run yesterday with many of our members taking part.
We know everyone gets crazy busy at this time of year but we are hoping you have added our final event for 2013 to your social calendar. It’s our annual Xmas Splash N Dash (details below) which is a combined junior/senior event.
Adults do their race, juniors theirs and then it’s time for the highlight of the year – the Junior/Senior Relay!! Competition stakes are high and we know some creative team matching is already taking place.
Don’t forget to be Christmas themed up for this one – be as elaborate or as simple as you want. Invite is again attached.
1. Splash N Dash, Waterfront, 200m swim, 2km run x 3
Male: Rowan Beggs-French 39.19 Female: Wendy de Boer 45.32
Results & updated point score posted to our website.
2. Challenge Phuket, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Rasmus Petreus 4.05.06 Female: Melissa Hauschildt 4.30.29
3. Ironman Cozumel, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km rum
Male: Michael Weiss 7.55.23 Female: Rachel Joyce 8.52.28
4. Kingscliff Triathlon Qld, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Ben Cook 1.47.55 Female: Maddison Allen 2.04.29
5. Franklin Island Triathlon SA, 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Male: Chris Wigell 58.55 Female: Felicity Lloyd 1.09.43
Xmas Splash N Dash
Saturday 14 Dec 2013
Seniors: 1km run, 200m swim, 1km run, 200m swim, 1km run
Juniors: various distances
Race Director: Rob Weatherald
Registration: Anna Goat | Daniel O’Brien
Timekeepers: Nic French | Jac Crofton
Fruit | Ice: Alex Wetten
FOR SALE / WANTED ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Merida Warp 6 T.T Bike (Medium Silver/Black) with trip computer. Frame: Triathlon-Smooth, Fork: Carbon Ultralite Aero, B-Lever: Tektro Carbon Triathlon, Brakes: Tektro Road Carbon Kool, B-Cable: SLR, C-Housing: SP41 seal, Chain: Shimano CN-5600, Chainwheel: FSA Gossamer Triathlon 53-42, Derailleur-F: Shimano Ultegra, Derailleur-R: Shimano Ultegra SS, Freewheel: Shimano CS-6600 12-23, Rim: FSA RD-220S wheelset, Saddle: Selle Italia NT1 Kit B, Shifter-F: Shimano BS78-2, Shifter-R: Shimano BS78-10. Excellent Condition, seldom ridden. $750 Contact Les 0439 884 772
2. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please
1. The eight member junior development team blitzed Splash N Dash again on Saturday evening. We noticed a very dapper Dave Croser was a stand in kid for one portion of the run leg.
2. Don’t forget that from January 2014 all our events will have online entry and you will find the link on our events page of the website. Event fee (including online fee) will be $10 in 2014.
3. Great to see 99% remembered their timing chip for Splash N Dash.
4. If you are one of those leaving town and know you won’t be back it would be great if you could return your timing chip. Please hand to one of the committee.
5. Junior tri gear order has been placed with delivery expected prior to Christmas. If you ordered, watch for email notification.
6. James Geddes, Steve Goat and Bryan Hopkins head for WA for a date with IM Western Australia this coming weekend. Good luck guys! You can follow live.
7. Registration for the 2014 Outgames Aquathlon is open. Further information here. Games fee $110 and sport entry fee $50 applies.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE WHEN…
... you don't care where, when, or what format - if the club puts on the event you are in.
… you can dodge those mental training hurdles
… Santa is bringing you a “go faster” gift later this month
Darwin Triathlon Club