Our recent Monday evening duathlon was well attended, given the late change of date. We do apologise for the switch, double booking was out of our control and the date change enabled the event to go ahead rather than be cancelled all together.
The evening start time and the course were enjoyed by participants. A huge thank you to RD Glen Scholz and also to all those wonderful volunteers who gave up their Monday evening and assisted at Hidden Valley.
Our juniors were in action on Sunday under the watchful eye of John Thyne. A huge thank you to John and all the volunteers who helped out at Lake Alexander.
Members are now looking forward to the very popular annual club Sprint Series which kicks off with Race 1 at Lake Alexander on Sunday.
The three event series is always hotly contested and we are expecting a big turnout again this year. Under our sanctioning conditions we do have a number cap for entries, so please make sure you get your entry in early to avoid disappointment.
1. Duathlon, Hidden Valley 5km run, 20km bike, 2km run
Male: Brett Verity 53.09 Female: Stef Puszka 57.41
Full results here
2. Ironman New Zealand, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Marko Albert 8.17.32 Female: Meredith Kessler 9.08.45
Rowan Beggs-French 4th M25-29 9.48.20
3. Devonport Triathlon (Aust Age Group Championships), 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Nicholas Hull 1.57.50 Female: Kate Pedley 2.14.58
Rob Taylor 12th M25-29 2.19.08
4. 2014 OTU Devonport Triathlon Oceania C’ships, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Aaron Royle 1.53.01 Female: Gillian Backhouse 2.07.57
Sunday 9 March 2014
Race 1 Sprint Series
7am (check in closes 6.45am sharp)
750m swim, 26km bike, 5km run
Race Director: Brian Gallagher
Registration: Clare Labowitch | Rose Stephens
Fruit | Ice: Gary Wall
1. Entry now open online here.
2. Entry closes midday this Friday. Go on, enter now!
3. If you are looking for team member/s, please feel free to post on our Facebook page.
4. This is a non drafting event. A brief overview of basic triathlon rules is attached, we recommend you read these prior to Sunday.
5. Roads are open for Race 1. You must obey all road rules, including stopping at traffic lights if they are RED.
6. Reminder: Don’t leave the house without your timing chip.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1 Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. Looking back on our 2013 Sprint Series: Prize winners were Male: 1 Brett Verity 2 Tim Green 3 Justin Tranter and Female: 1 Emma Winterflood 2 Jo Ellis 3 Tara Worby. We are expecting the three race series to be hotly contested again in 2014 starting with Race #1 this Sunday.
2. John Thyne stepped up to take the juniors through their paces last Sunday as our junior co-ordinator Luke Hansen was off looking like a super model in a suit & bow tie rather than lycra.
3. Details & entry links for Triathlon NT’s Ray White Sprint weekend (Kids, Juniors & Sprint event) can be found here.
4. Katherine Ultra Challenge date has been announced – 3 August 2014
5. X-Tri has announced the new X-Tri LDT Canberra date – 14 December 2014
6. Two weeks until Mooloolaba Triathlon. Are you or someone you know heading over for this event?
7. Thinking of applying for a spot on the TA Age Group Team (Sprint or Standard) for 2014 Worlds and heading for Edmonton? This may inspire. The Ray White Sprint Distance is a 2014 selection points event.
8. If you are interested in donning the Green & Gold tri suit, details of World Championship teams (including important cut off dates for applications) can be found here.
9. It’s great to hear many of our newer members are stepping up to do their first ever Sprint Distance event this weekend. Have fun!
10. See you at Lake Alex on Sunday.
Darwin Triathlon Club