Appears we will again have perfect weather for our Aquathlon #2 this weekend with the BoM predicting monsoonal showers and storms.
As well as incorporating the NT Aquathlon C’ships we are also welcoming a number of Try a Tri participants at this event so if you see anyone looking a little lost, introduce yourself and help them out if they require assistance.
Entry closes 12 noon this Friday for Aquathlon #2 so don’t be disappointed, enter here now.
1. Great Sydney Swim, 2.2km
Male: Jarrod Port 20.15 Female: Emily Brunemann 20.56
Corinne Fabian 5th F50-59 35.59
Julia Gaudin 14th F20-29 36.51
2. Ironman 70.3 South Africa, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: James Cunnama 4.05.00 Female: Jodie Swallow 4.37.00
3. Aquathlon #1, 400m swim, 4km run
Male: Tim Green 21.51 Female: Stef Puszka 24.15
Full results posted
1 Feb 2014
Aquathlon #2 (Inc NT Aquathlon Championships)
6pm (check in closes 5.45pm sharp)
400m swim, 4km run
Race Director: Belinda Townend
Registration: Renae McGarvie | Cath Meng
Fruit | Ice: Jemima Findlay
1. Online entry for members & non-members wishing to “try a tri” now open here
2. Entry closes 12 noon Friday. No late entry
3. Torsos must be covered during run.
4. Reminder that all participants must check in at registration and be body marked.
5. If you have not yet collected your timing chip and have entered, your chip will be available for collection at registration.
6. Try a Tri competitors will be issued with a chip on the day and are to return their chip to RD at finish of event.
7. To ease congestion at registration, please be early if you are to collect and sign for a chip.
NEXT JUNIOR EVENT:
2 Feb 2014
7.30am (registration 7am)
Junior contact: Luke Hansen 0420 307 052
1. The City of Darwin is developing a bike plan. This is a very important step for cycling in Darwin and possibly the NT. Besides consultations with key stakeholders (including our club which will be represented by Steve Goat, Tony Cox, John Arrigo and Belinda Townend at the next meeting) there is an on-line survey that Bicycle NT encourage you to fill out. You can complete the survey here.
2. We are calling for volunteers to fill the vacant Race Director positions on our calendar (most urgently needed for our triathlon scheduled 13 April 14 at Lake Alexander).
3. Not sure what being an RD involves? Have a chat to one of our committee. We can tell you that the process has been streamlined with sanctioning, water safety, ambulance, entry, timing etc all taken care of. RDs mainly responsible for course set up and packing away. Hate the thought of giving a race brief? We can probably find someone to do that for you as well.
4. Please email here if you can RD on 13 April or wish to volunteer for any of the other vacant positions.
5. Led by our diligent Public Officer Simon Wiese, DTC committee is undertaking a full review of our constitution.
6. Treasurer Karen Lewis & President Steve Goat have been putting in the hours on our budget.
7. Junior events under the watchful eye of our junior coordinator Luke Hansen kick off again on Sunday.
TRIATHLON NT UPDATE:
1. The 3rd Asia Pacific Outgames are being held in Darwin 10-16 May this year, and are a celebration of sports, culture and human rights. Triathlon NT are seeking a Race Director for the Aquathlon at the Waterfront on May 11. This position will be a paid position – for more information please contact EO Triathlon NT Anna Goat here.
2. Online entry for Ray White Darwin NT Sprint Distance (race date 6 April) opens 1 February 2014.
3. Online early bird entry for Darwin Long Course Triathlon (race date 16 August) opens 4 February 2014
4. Junior development sessions have recommenced.
5. Nutrition seminar takes place this weekend.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC
1. FOR SALE: Garmin Forerunner 610 touch screen multi sports/ fitness watch. Extras include car charger and ANT stick. Brand new, still in box. Unwanted gift. $350. Moira 0413 331 217
2 UNIT FOR RENT: 336 Casuarina Drive. Perfect location for Tri training. 2 bedroom, 2bathroom, 500p.w. Available Feb 8th. Contact Tim 0410 188 534
3. RUNNER WANTED: Runner for a team at Challenge Batemans Bay 16th March. Contact Tim 0410 188 534
4. FOR SALE: Zipp 404, tubular with Vittoria Evo Corsa tyres and DuraAce cassette $800 Contact Gerard 0431 367 044
5. FOR SALE: 2010 Giant Anthem X2 (size S), carbon handlebars, 26" ZTR Crest wheels with DT Swiss rear hub and Hope front hubs laced with DT Swiss revolution spokes. Please note wheelset has 90kg wt limit. $800 Contact Gerard 0431 367 044
6. FOR SALE: Windtrainers (previously used for junior sessions) $20. Contact John 0408 052 080
7. Items for next E News by midday Monday please.
1. Reminder to bring your timing chip on Saturday. No chip = no time = no points.
2. The inaugural Challenge Melbourne kicks off on Sunday. Among those competing will be Jo Ellis, Stef Puszka and Tim Green. Good luck!
3. TA member priority entry for 2014 IM 70.3 Cairns (race date 8 June) sold out quickly. General entry opens tomorrow.
4. Heading off to race or know someone who is? Please give us the heads up here.
Darwin Triathlon Club