What a fantastic event the annual Off Road Triathlon is! This year was no exception with a full field participating, fast and furious (and muddy) racing and everyone asking for more at the finish!!
A big thank you to volunteer RD Emma Winterflood and all those who assisted to put this event on for our members. We really appreciate you giving up your time to make our club such a successful one.
For our next event we ditch the bike, so the run/ride lovers will come out of the blocks for the Hidden Valley duathlon. The timing of our duathlons this year were very dependent on Hidden Valley availability.
1. Off Road Triathlon, Lake Alexander 400m swim, 15km bike, 4km run
Male: Brett Verity Female: Wendy De Boer
Results can be viewed here.
2. Ironman 70.3 Geelong, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Craig Alexander 4.05.59 Female: Emma Moffatt 4.30.57
Jason Cook 11th M35-39 5.02.37
Hannah Johnston 1st F25-29 5.26.09
Belinda Birk 2nd F50-54 5.37.02
Emma Cook 11th F35-39 5.46.40
Sarah Collins 4th F50-54 6.09.36
Carlee Mark 19th F30-34 6.13.38
3. Geelong 5150, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Levi Maxwell 2.07.49 Female: Renee Baker 2.22.28
Graeme Parsons 2nd M65-69 3.08.07
Bertram Birk 3rd M55-59 3.09.11
Dave Glass 33rd M40-44 3.22.08
Joy Glass 12th F40-44 3.22.08
4. Busselton Jetty Swim, 3.6km
Male: Yasunari Hirai 42.32 Female: Jaime Bowler 47.04
Brian Gallagher 4th M55-59 1.01.20
Andrew Hardy 20th M45-49 1.01.52
Sunday 23 Feb 2014
5km run, 20km bike, 2km run
Race Director: Glen Scholz
Registration: Angela Librio | Jemima Findlay
Fruit | Ice: Dee Walsh
Online entry now open here.
Entry closes midday Friday 21 Feb 2014 (enter now or set your phone alarm).
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC
1. FOUND: Pair of kids runners at Lake Alexander after Off Road Tri.
2. FOR SALE: For sale Cervelo 52 cm P3 time trial bike with Sram Red running gear. In excellent condition. Included on the bike is a set of HED Jet 60 90 combo Tubular race wheels; $3500 Contact Craig 0427 771 814
1. The weather gods were not kind at Geelong at the weekend. Our members racing down there saw competitors blown off the road. Tough day at the office.
2. Congrats to Hannah Johnston who, with her result at Geelong, has qualified for Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Canada later this year.
3. Tim Green pops up in this video recap of Challenge Melbourne.
4. TA priority entry for Ironman 70.3 Sunshine Coast (14 Sept) sold out quickly. General entry opens 10.30am Thurs 13 Feb 14.
5. TA priority entry for Challenge Forster (9 Nov) opens 10am today, Wednesday (we assume that is 8.30am NT time).
6. Those members who enjoyed the Off Road Triathlon may like to consider Xterra Asia Pacific Championships (25-27 April) at Callala, NSW.
7. Congratulations to Stef Puszka who earlier this week became a professional triathlete.
8. Congratulations to Matt Hubber and Beth on the recent arrival of their first born, a son, Edward.
9. Don’t forget entry for Triathlon NT’s Ray White Darwin NT Sprint (6 April) and Darwin Long Course (16 August) triathlons are now open.
10. We have previously mentioned that Darwin City Council is developing a bike plan. This is a very important step for cycling and they have a survey open so we encourage you to have your say before it closes on 23 Feb 14. You can complete the survey here if you haven’t already done so.
11. E News is having a little break for the next couple of weeks. Please check Website, Facebook and/or Twitter for news and updates during that time.
Darwin Triathlon Club