This weekend we are again heading to Lake Alexander for the second of the events making up our annual Sprint Series.
Entries to date show it will be popular which supports the feedback from our member survey last year that the majority of you wanted to do sprint distance events.
By now you will be aware that entry closes midday Friday. If you haven’t yet done so, get your entry in now so you don’t forget.
As there was at least one mad dash home made before Race #1 to retrieve a forgotten chip, this is a reminder to not leave the house without yours on race day.
See you all at Lake Alex on Sunday!
1. Mooloolaba Triathlon, 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Male: Giles Clayton 1.57.24 Female: Sarah Crowley 2.11.46
Greg Bush 1st M60-64 2.27.47
Clint Doolan 53rd M30-34 2.28.07
Dave Glass 117th M40-44 2.38.58
Angelika Hannon 14th F50-54 3.05.09
Joy Glass 91st F35-39 3.10.30
2. ITU Triathlon World Club, Mooloolaba, 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Male: Mario Mola 54.18 Female: Gwen Jorgensen 59.55
3. Challenge Batemans Bay, 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run
Male: Brad Kahlefeldt 3.51.59 Female: Radka Vodickova 4.28.40
Tim Green 15th MPro 4.10.06
Stef Puszka 10th FPro 4.51.45
Heath Porter dnf
4. Capital Punishment MTB Enduro, Canberra, 100km
Male: Dylan Cooper 3.22.26 Female: Jenny Fay 3.50.55
Allan Stancombe 1st GrandMaster 4.28.41
Sunday 23 March 2014
Race #2 Sprint Series
750m swim, 26km bike, 5km run
Race Director: Tony Cox
Check In: Alex Wetten | Hannah Johnston
Fruit | Ice: Clare Labowitch
1. Entry now open online here.
2. Entry closes midday Friday 21 March 2014.
3. Roads open. Participants must stop if traffic lights are RED.
1. Good news - new members joining from 1 April 2014 receive 15 months membership for the price of 12.
2. Current 2013-2014 membership is valid until 1 July 2014.
3. Although DTC adult fees themselves have not increased, due to lifting of a TA subsidy that applied only to NT, you will notice a slight increase eg Adult membership for 2014-2015 will be $170. Our fees are now in line with the national membership model and covers personal accident insurance whilst training and racing as well as contributing to the various programs within the sport including the very popular Triathlon NT junior development program.
4. Belinda Birk has recently resigned from our committee. We sincerely thank Bin for her long contribution to Darwin Triathlon Club and wish the Birks all the best with their move.
5. We are now seeking expressions of interest from a member who may have the time, drive and energy to be part of our committee. Want to know more? Chat to President Steve Goat, or email here.
1. If you have a friend or family who have been talking about joining Darwin Triathlon Club please let them know we have an event taking Try A Tri entries coming up soon.
2. Entry is now open here for the very doable 300m swim, 13km bike, 3km run triathlon scheduled for 13 April 2014 at Lake Alexander.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. WANTED: Second hand road bike, entry level, Medium frame, looking at spending under $1000, Contact Kathryn 0409 727 037
2. WANTED: Second-hand travel bag with wheels for bicycle (soft or hard case). Contact Billy 0410 330 177
3. FOR SALE: Timex “Road Trainer” Heart Rate Monitor, new, boxed. $100 ono Contact Robyn 0448 206 121
4. FOR SALE: Renae McGarvie’s Tour de Cure major fundraiser lunch is on this Saturday from 11.30am at Cazaly's Palmerston. $60 for buffet lunch, awesome prizes, auction and entertainment. Tickets can be purchased here.
5. FOR SALE: New, Ladies Asics GT-2000 Running shoes, Size US 8.5 $160 Contact Robyn 0448 206 121
6. Items for next E News by Sunday 9pm please.
1. Also competing at Challenge Batemans Bay last weekend was Pam Cameron who teamed up to be first home in the Mixed Teams category.
2. All tri eyes turn southward this weekend and the hype surrounding Ironman Melbourne is already in full swing.
3. Among the huge field of age groupers at IMMelb will be Jason Cook, Belinda Birk, Gary Wall and Emma Cook. If you see them before they head off, do wish them good luck (and good weather).
4. Only a little over a week left to get online entry in for the Ray White Kids Triathlon, Junior Championships and Sprint Championships. Entry closes 28 March.
5. As much as we enjoy the wet, the dragon flies are signalling the approach of the Dry Season. Won’t be long and we will be training in conditions that are the envy of the rest of the country.
6. Doing Ironman Cairns or Cairns 70.3? Course changes have been announced.
Darwin Triathlon Club