Dry season weather is just amazing and with much to see and do at this time of year, it’s great so many triathletes are still out enjoying their training.
We have members racing far and wide at present. As well, many are continuing to build on their training for the Darwin Long Course.
If you haven’t already done so, please add 5 July 2014 to your calendar. That’s the date for our Annual Presentation Night Dinner. Venue and further details are to be confirmed soon and Blue Cycles have kindly offered their support for our big night.
1. NTFRS Rescue Me Stair Climb, NT House
Russell Peacock 1st 3 mins 27 secs
Mark Anzin 3rd 3:35
Ben Streeter 5th 3:56
Jean-Remi Campion 3:59
2. Ingkerreke Commercial MTB Enduro, 5 days 7 stages Alice Springs
Allan Stancombe 1st 60+ 12:51:38
Nic French 15th M18-39 13:34:41
Emma Winterflood 6th F18-39 16:10:00
Jane Marie Kerslake 4th F40-49 16:43:08
Sunday 15 June 2014
Casuarina Beach (near Surf Club)
3.5km run | 15km bike | 2 km run
Online entry now open here
Race Director: Barry Sullivan
Registration: Stu Fitch | Ali Fitch
Fruit | Ice: Alex Wetten
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. FOR SALE: Cannondale Slice Time Trial bike in great condition with a few upgrades from standard. Size medium. $1,850 Contact Steve 0407 865 011
2. FOR SALE: Darwin Tri Club Women's Tri Top, Size Medium. Never worn $50 contact Hannah 0422 299 672
3. FOR SALE: Hornet K1 Racing Kayak, very good condition, 5.2 metres, light weight and fast, best suited for paddler up to 85 kg. Superb craft for intermediate paddler. Currently set up with under stern rudder, but will include accessory to convert to rear rudder set up. Perfect for Katherine Ultra challenge. $700 Contact Michael 0405 659 524
4. FOR SALE: Giant Defy with hundreds of $$'s extra of accessories - BARGAIN! - $890; Very clean gear changing and great condition GIANT DEFY road bike setup for racing or training. With over $800 worth of accessories, you will be ready to ride immediately and safely in the day or night. Giant Defy 55.5 - shimano tiagra - carbon forks - 'moon' 500 candlelight rechargeable light - dhb glasses with 3x lenses (day, night and fog/dusk) - cateye speedo - profile bars - shimano shoes and cleats (size 45) - new german hardshell road tyres plus 3x spare tyres - 1x spare tube - spare rim liner - tools and tools bag - attached bike pump - 2x bottle holders - gloves - new seat plus spare seat. Contact Alex 0404 616 441
5. FOR SALE: SRAM RED Crank Set to suit a BB 30 – used but in excellent condition. 53/39, only 557grams - $200.00. Contact Steve 0407 865 011
6. Items for next E News by 9 June please.
1. This week we farewell Jane Marie Kerslake who is heading across the ditch. We take this opportunity to thank Jane Marie again for her contribution to the club particularly during her time as Treasurer. Good luck Jane Marie, we wish you all the best.
2. Andrew Hardy is still out of action following recent injury and we wish him a speedy recovery.
3. Those members who attended Triathlon NT’s Heat & Hydration Seminar have a new found appreciation of slurpees!
4. Our juniors were happy to have Tri NT step in and run a replacement for their cancelled event on Sunday. The kids (and parents) gained a whole lot of skills.
5. Good to hear that Cath Meng was wearing the DTC colours proudly in the Mackay Triathlon over the weekend. You can take the triathlete out of Darwin but the connection remains.
6. It hasn’t taken long for Cairns to become aware of the arrival of Tim Green in their town. He has quickly been adopted and will be making tri history over there at IM 70.3 Cairns.
7. Also making history (well we think so anyway as we don’t know of anyone else who has) will be Glen Scholz and Kylie Gaffel who are competing in the famous Escape from Alcatraz triathlon at the weekend. Can’t wait to hear how this one goes!
8. Good luck to all our members taking part in the annual City 2 Surf on Sunday.
9 Over on the Big Island Phil Blumberg, Jo Ellis, Daryl Stanley, Tara Worby, Robyn Stanley, Josh Mark and Paul Tilbrook will be competing in Ironman 70.3 Hawaii. Good luck.
10. The following weekend will see a number of members in action in Cairns. Corinne Fabian, Graeme Parsons, Helen Bretten, Emily Heames, Nic French, Mark Hearnden, Tim Green, Cath Hood, Jac Crofton and Scott Hanrahan will be among them. Have fun folks.
11. And at Ironman Cairns set your trackers to watch out for Grant Preddy and Marcus Lisle. Good luck guys!
12. Whatever you are up to over the next couple of weekends, enjoy. E News will be back after the long weekend.
Darwin Triathlon Club