On Saturday we were able to reflect on the recently completed 2013/14 year and celebrate our members many achievements during that period.
Drinks and nibbles enjoyed, our awards were presented (see list below) before we sat back and enjoyed our catered BBQ. The outdoor casual setting was given the thumbs up by those in attendance.
We encourage our members to sign up to the AMart Community Kickback program that directly benefits our club. We will have some cards at our next event or you can get them in store - ask for your card to be linked to Darwin Triathlon Club.
Our first event for the new season takes place this Sunday. Good news, RD Barry Sullivan advises that wetsuits are allowed. Get your 2014/2015 point score off to an early start!!
1. Darwin Triathlon Club Annual Awards:
Kerran Mudgway Memorial Club Champions: Brett Verity / Jac Crofton
Aquathlon Series: Brett Verity / Naomi Havens
Duathlon Series: Brett Verity / Hannah Johnston
Sprint Series: 1 Brett Verity, 2 Ron Griep, 3 Russell Peacock
Women’s Series: 1 Emma Winterflood, 2 Tara Worby, 3 Jane Powell
Geoff Simpson Memorial Trophy: Brett Verity / Emma Cook
Age Group Triathlete of the Year Pointscore:
Under 20: No eligible
20-29: Justin Tranter / Hannah Johnston
30-39 Steve Goat / Emma Cook
40-49: Ron Griep / Tara Worby
50-59: Brian Gallagher / Corinne Fabian
60-69: Daryl Stanley / Monica Stewart
Outstanding Ironman Performance: Jason Cook
Most Improved Triathlete: Billy Lynch / Corinne Fabian
Encouragement Awards: Maddie Nicholson / Aaron Trenfield / Graeme Parsons / Lisa Payne
Broken Spoke Award: Colin Smith
Dag of the Year: Gary Wall
Special Service Award: David Glass
Life Membership: Daryl Stanley / Barry Sullivan
2. Triathlon Didam, 2km swim, 80km bike, 20km run
Male: Dirk Wijnalda 3:38:12 Female: Sione Jongstra 4:03:35
Ron Griep 6th M45-49 4:14:43
Sunday 13 July 2014
Open Water Triathlon
500m swim, 15km bike, 5km run
Race Director: Tori Sherrock | David Hancock
Registration: Kylie Gaffel | Corinne Fabian
Fruit | Ice: Kent Murray
Online entry now open here
Entry closes midday Friday.
1. Not sure if you have entered yet? Check here.
2. Wetsuits allowed.
3. Blue Cycles will be supporting our event on Sunday.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC:
1. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. You can view a selection of photos of presentation BBQ here.
2. If you haven’t got your entry in for Darwin Long Course and Half Distance (16 August 14) you can do so here.
3. Following Ironman Frankfurt (European C’ships) there has been much discussion on the evolution of women’s triathlon.
4. Entry form for Darwin Half Marathon (20 July 14).
5. Hearing there have been run pbs posted in the lead up events to the Darwin Half Marathon.
6. 2014/2015 memberships now due. You can join up or renew your membership here if you haven’t already done so.
7. Lots of hustling happening for team members ahead of the Katherine Ultra Challenge but who is racing Individual? Heads up appreciated if you know of anyone. Race date 3 August 2014.
8. Date claimer: Thursday 17 July 2014 Tony Burn’s Bringing it Home for the Kids Charity Auction at the Deck Bar.
Darwin Triathlon Club