Our members were well represented at the Darwin Half Marathon at the weekend with many taking the opportunity to have a hit out in preparation for the Darwin Long Course Triathlon which is coming up soon (16 August 2014).
There are many out there also showing pre Katherine Ultra and or Gran Fondo form. Whatever you are targeting ~ have fun and enjoy this upcoming long weekend and the training opportunities it brings.
A reminder that you have until 2pm tomorrow to place your orders for our MENS, WOMENS and JUNIOR tri suits, tri shorts, tri tops and a limited number of club caps.
1. Darwin Half Marathon, 21km
Male: Allan Long 1:17:58 Female: Hannah Johnston 1:26:01
2. Challenge Roth, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run
Male: Timo Bracht 7:56:53 Female: Mirinda Carfrae 8:38:33
2014 Commonwealth Games Glasgow, Triathlon: women's race at 7.30pm on Channel One tomorrow. The men's race is at 11.30pm on Channel Ten (check local guides to confirm)
CLUB TRI GEAR ORDER CLOSING:
1. Our club tri gear order closes 2pm tomorrow. Don’t miss out – place your order here now.!
2. You can order MENS, WOMENS and JUNIOR tri suits, tri shorts, tri tops and a limited number of club caps.
3. Check your tri gear and think ahead as our next order will likely not be until early 2015.
4. All details including sizing here.
FOR SALE | WANTED | ETC
1. SWIMMER AVAILABLE: Happy to swim for an Ultra Challenge team. Contact Andrew 0411 272 232
2. Items for next E News by Sunday 8pm please.
1. This Sunday July 27th 2014, Tony Burns will be "Bringing It Home for the Kids" in another Ultramarathon (100km), this time in Darwin - all to raise much needed funds for Local Darwin Schools & Families.
With support from Amy Brady and friends on the day, Tony has no doubt that he will succeed in this journey, doing it all while promoting the "John Maclean Foundation (JMF)". JMF provides financial assistance and inspiration to young Australians under the age of 18, who require wheelchairs for mobility.
You can assist Tony’s fundraising efforts by making a donation here. Every dollar helps.
2. If you were one of the lucky one to be presented with a Blue Cycles voucher at our Presentation Night dinner, this is a reminder that expiry date is 5 August 14 so get yourself in to the shop and be rewarded. Thanks again to Blue Cycles for their generous support.
3. John Thyne and Jon Clark are braving the winter chill and racing in the Outback Marathon at Uluru at the weekend. Good luck guys.
4. Grant Preddy is in the Philippines preparing for Ironman 70.3 (3 August 2014).
5. Shout out to Renee de Jong who has just finished riding the complete Tour de France route with Tour de Force (fundraising).
6. Thank you for your patience, we hope to have the results from the Open Water Triathlon out soon.
Darwin Triathlon Club